Sign in to follow this  
Sty.x

Headphones

People keep assuming skrillex is dubstep.

Most of his stuff is dubstep influenced, but not all dub. I dont know what i'd call that track, but its not pure dubstep to my ears. At least its not 'boring'. Its the beft Mortal Kombat remix ive heard since the original theme.

for proof, listen to With You Friends. (especially the Long Drive remix). that is NOT dubstep. I like his stuff not because hes 'omg dubstep king' but because his shits unique.

at least its better than whatever you linked :P i had it minimised playing DOTA, and thought 'wow this is like a 3 minute intro!' and the song was almost over...

EDIT: for the newcomers to skrillex's work, here, have the obligatory Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites.

Its on JJJ all the time, kinda took the world by storm..... not sure why. As i said i like it because its a sound ive not heard before..... i like the backward sounding 'drops'.

HAHAH It didn't take the wold by storm welcome to the mid 2000's Its been in the UK since the birth of D&B , its not unique look on youtube listen to UKF and you'll find tons of stuff like that Plus if you cant appreciate massive attack you surly have no taste and everything you say is invalid. Go buy some crappy headphones for $80 and claim they are the best because the bass sounds like a fat girl farting into a biscuit tin or like the X-530's I flogged to you which you will probably say they are top notch

I'll soon be in the market for a decent soundcard in PCIE and a replacement set of headphones for my HD515's, but the catch is I'd like cup ones, mainly to have less sound leak, being that I have housemates who don't always share my taste in music

you can get different pads for the ms1, i bought the grado jumbo pads which is a cup and covers your ear

People keep assuming skrillex is dubstep.

Most of his stuff is dubstep influenced, but not all dub. I dont know what i'd call that track, but its not pure dubstep to my ears. At least its not 'boring'. Its the beft Mortal Kombat remix ive heard since the original theme.

for proof, listen to With You Friends. (especially the Long Drive remix). that is NOT dubstep. I like his stuff not because hes 'omg dubstep king' but because his shits unique.

at least its better than whatever you linked :P i had it minimised playing DOTA, and thought 'wow this is like a 3 minute intro!' and the song was almost over...

EDIT: for the newcomers to skrillex's work, here, have the obligatory Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites.

Its on JJJ all the time, kinda took the world by storm..... not sure why. As i said i like it because its a sound ive not heard before..... i like the backward sounding 'drops'.

HAHAH It didn't take the wold by storm welcome to the mid 2000's Its been in the UK since the birth of D&B , its not unique look on youtube listen to UKF and you'll find tons of stuff like that Plus if you cant appreciate massive attack you surly have no taste and everything you say is invalid. Go buy some crappy headphones for $80 and claim they are the best because the bass sounds like a fat girl farting into a biscuit tin or like the X-530's I flogged to you which you will probably say they are top notch

Mid 2000's? Serious?

All the info on Skrillex I can find suggests hes later 2000's? I like how his heavy metal background clearly comes through in his electronic work. Fair enough if I'm late to the party, but I recon its been a while since anyones done what i think i'll dub 'corrupted electronic' music (without referencing a specific genre) well. I Suppose oldschool electro has been 'touching' it slightly for years, but never to that level.

I just re-listened to Massive Attack; and just wanted an explainatoin of why they're good to you? Clearly not my taste. I was waiting for the bass drop, the guitar hit, the electronic warp effect; something to signify the song was 'getting serious'. Nothing made me want to dance, it honestly felt like background music, or a drawn out intro.

Not hatin on you, just wondering your reason for liking them :)

Also, I know you're jesting, but come on man watch the harsh tone.

ps. For my needs, my $80 senns are the best; their only real competitoin are PortaPros which I dont like much; not much else folds and fits i my pocket, the Number 1 thing i want in headphoines. And the X-530's are top notch; considering they're operated either outside or Inside with the audience outside; anything 'better' would be lost. Horses for Courses.

I find that song to be pretty average :/

I hope you're talking about Mudg3's :P If so, thank you! lol. <3

Next thing people are going to tell me that pendulum still sound good...

Thems fighting words mofucker!

Mid 2000's? Serious?

All the info on Skrillex I can find suggests hes later 2000's? I like how his heavy metal background clearly comes through in his electronic work. Fair enough if I'm late to the party, but I recon its been a while since anyones done what i think i'll dub 'corrupted electronic' music (without referencing a specific genre) well. I Suppose oldschool electro has been 'touching' it slightly for years, but never to that level.

I just re-listened to Massive Attack; and just wanted an explainatoin of why they're good to you? Clearly not my taste. I was waiting for the bass drop, the guitar hit, the electronic warp effect; something to signify the song was 'getting serious'. Nothing made me want to dance, it honestly felt like background music, or a drawn out intro.

Hey MS and fellow lovers of "BASS" to the point that you cant hear a song

Check out what deal extreme has lol

I present to you BEATS by DR DRE The China clone.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/designer-s-in...0cm-cable-80552

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/designer-s-fo...3gs-black-55874

Saw some reviews on the fakes too and most people say that cant tell the difference.

Next thing people are going to tell me that pendulum still sound good...

Thems fighting words mofucker!

Hold your colour then what?

Thats pretty neat! have you heard them compared to the PX series Sennheisers?

well from what I've read the fakes sound exactly the same as the real deal so I've ordered some for lulz and if I dont like them I'll just sell them. :)

Hold your colour then what?

ABC news remix derr!

In all seriousness though. I have been listening to any and all Pendulum songs since Vault was realeased, Insilico was mildly disappointing but Immersion is a better album than Hold your colour was in my opinion.

And if you've ever heard them live then you know they don't sound good, they sound freaking amazing!

Mid 2000's? Serious?

Also, I know you're jesting, but come on man watch the harsh tone.

I didnt think your repsonse warrented a reply before but I feel like it now. For those who dont know what Master_Scythe is talking about this is Skrillex.

I wasnt talking about Skrillex either and I have no clue how you even thought I was what I was talking about was Dubstep. Massive attack isnt Dubstep Its called Trip-Hop and their whole sound is built around emersing yourself in the music not getting your brain melted.

He recently canceled a show cuz his computer wouldn't turn on? Seriously? He plays music from his iTunes.

Posted Image

What his music falls into is a sub genere of dubstep called "brostep" heres a BBC 1 little snip about it most producers and artists think its a joke but we all know the reason why its so successful

Im not going to hate on you either for liking Skrillex but everything about him rubs me and alot of others in the wrong way and theirs so much better stuff out there its a crying shame that this kind of stuff as gone "mainstream" and becuase this dude is getting pushed so much people are missing out.

Have you heard Skream, Flux Pavillion , Shadows of the Empire ,Flying Lotus , noisia yet?

Just anotehr note even other producers and artists make fun of him check Sebastien Leger making fun of him

Edited by mudg3

well from what I've read the fakes sound exactly the same as the real deal so I've ordered some for lulz and if I dont like them I'll just sell them. :)

To me, knowing you :P

To me, knowing you :P

HAHAH that was a good line man. I'll post what they're like when they finally get her.

DO NOT GET DRE'S. They scream douchebag!!!

If you want cheap, good all round phones, get the Koss Porta Pros. They're sweet as. :)

i dont hate that..... :$

though i more mean this bass

Wtf is that shit. What I just heard is the death of dubstep. Next thing people are going to tell me that pendulum still sound good...

That song... You are the best mudg3 :D