Sign in to follow this  
te0p

Red Orchestra 2 Heros of Stalingrad release date

Yes that is right. It will be available in around 70 days. I for one can not wait yet have been waiting for over 2 years it feels.

Posted Image

I practice on the old RO but all the servers are overseas and the pings are crappy. not enough people playing it here atm. Just have to wait.

Yeah I'm interested in this too, haven't had a good WW2 shooter for a while and DOD and DOD:S just don't do it for me, loved the realism of the original RO.

Hopefully it will be at the right price point ($20~ is the norm with tripwires games), should cover the rest of that month nicely until BF3 is released.

Good luck, I haven't been able to find an aussie RO game for a very long time. It never really took off over here.

I think the same thing will happen with RO2, but atleast that means we won't get the COD and BF kiddies. Mature communities are awesome, like ARMA2.

Good luck, I haven't been able to find an aussie RO game for a very long time. It never really took off over here.

I think the same thing will happen with RO2, but atleast that means we won't get the COD and BF kiddies. Mature communities are awesome, like ARMA2.

yea one thing I always noticed was people were very mature and had great sportsmanship in RO games, if someone got a good HS from a few hundred M away you congratulated them not said oh what BS.

I think Tripwire could make an amazing Modern Combat multiplayer game.

I haven't played something by them yet that I haven't enjoyed.

The original RO was one of the first MP games I weened myself off WoW with, so I have very fond memories of it. Great game. As noted above, I dearly hope RO2 gets a bigger following locally, and really it should. Atomic clan perhaps?

Can't wait for this. RO was an amazing game, had so much fun with it back in the day!!

the footage of ingame looks sweet! and a good explaination of all the improvments over the 1st RO

Game price has been listed at $39.99 usd for North America, prices subject to change depending on region.

Edited by dishd

Best way for it to gain a following is for everyone to just pick it up. If 100 people buy it and 100 people sit on the fence because they want to know if it gets a following or not, then it won't gain a following.

Loved RO - except for the lack of local servers. For the most part the high ping on US servers made the game all but unplayable.

I will check for local servers and numbers before buying RO2.

Best way for it to gain a following is for everyone to just pick it up. If 100 people buy it and 100 people sit on the fence because they want to know if it gets a following or not, then it won't gain a following.

This.

Buy it on release, jump in and start playing ASAP and it should hopefully develop a following if the game is good (no doubt will be.)

30 days until release. I for one can barely wait.

ill be keeping any eye on this it looks really good.

oh and another note does anyone know where you can buy the first game besides ebay? (call me old but i perfer buying my games retail)

Edited by jdog

Its a steam game and its only $10, but the community is basically dead so there isn't much point, I've been trying to get a game for the last few nights, Friday night had 50 people on the GA server and then no one on Saturday day/night and then about 20 people last night.

Its a steam game and its only $10, but the community is basically dead so there isn't much point, I've been trying to get a game for the last few nights, Friday night had 50 people on the GA server and then no one on Saturday day/night and then about 20 people last night.

guess ill just have to wait for RO2 to come out then..

Let me know if there is any aussie servers with good numbers because I would probably come join you since I loved RO so much.

Do you all have darkest hour expansion installed? IT is pretty cool.

Prehaps we can organise a game... Ill organise some details and get back to you here or pm.