Sign in to follow this  
te0p

Red Orchestra 2 Heros of Stalingrad release date

Incase anyone was wondering why the beta hadn't dropped, there was some miscommunication between TWI staff and when they announced that the game was being pushed back a fortnight, one of them said the beta still had the same internal start date, unfortunately that was incorrect, as there are still too many bugs (And yes, I know how stupid that sounds, whats the point of a beta otherwise?) and the beta start date has been pushed back to around the original release date of August 31st (in aus, 30th in US)

Incase anyone was wondering why the beta hadn't dropped, there was some miscommunication between TWI staff and when they announced that the game was being pushed back a fortnight, one of them said the beta still had the same internal start date, unfortunately that was incorrect, as there are still too many bugs (And yes, I know how stupid that sounds, whats the point of a beta otherwise?) and the beta start date has been pushed back to around the original release date of August 31st (in aus, 30th in US)

Im not sure i quite understand? it is now full non beta on the 31st instead of being delayed? or it is still beta till the 14th of September or when ever it was puched back too.

I just bought it last night but have not Downloaded it yet. I was hoping to have organised myself and bought a new PC ets which i was palnning on doing before release of the game... i can wait a little longer.

been watching some of the in game videos...i can not wait. (i wqas on darkest hour last night and there was a few aussie playing on aserver with a decent ping...was quite suprised.

Im not sure i quite understand? it is now full non beta on the 31st instead of being delayed? or it is still beta till the 14th of September or when ever it was puched back too.

I just bought it last night but have not Downloaded it yet. I was hoping to have organised myself and bought a new PC ets which i was palnning on doing before release of the game... i can wait a little longer.

been watching some of the in game videos...i can not wait. (i wqas on darkest hour last night and there was a few aussie playing on aserver with a decent ping...was quite suprised.

The full release date has been pushed back to september 14th, the beta release date, which was due to drop roughly 2 weeks before the original release date of august 31st was also pushed back, apparantly the beta is going to drop tomorrow.

What is the deal with them pushing the release back? Is it because the game is really broken and they're trying desperately to fix it, or is it because they're really polishing it because they actually care about releasing a product that works as it should? Unlike most games companies these days.

What is the deal with them pushing the release back? Is it because the game is really broken and they're trying desperately to fix it, or is it because they're really polishing it because they actually care about releasing a product that works as it should? Unlike most games companies these days.

The latter.

In the past their games have been somewhat buggy, being a small company they can't bug test their games like the bigger companies have and their reviews have suffered from it.

So after a bit of play time, I'm quite enjoying the game, the TDM game mode is a bit of fun for some fast killing action, the territory mode is still the best and the other one, with single life gameplay is kind of meh, you can find yourself waiting upwards of 5 minutes if you die early on and that is not enjoyable at all.

Overall graphics are quite nice, crispe textures on most objects, good models, players and guns, good lighting effects, its particularly cool running up a staircase to see godrays shining in through a hole in a boarded up window.

Sound effects are quite awesome too, the gunfire and grenades going off around you sound really good. Not too sure on the way the guns work at the moment though, for example running and gunning with the PPSH sub machine gun seems to weild less recoil than using a ledge/sandbag to fire it, dunno what the go is there.

Also noticed that the snipers and iron sights on rifles don't move nearly as much they do in RO1, although the servers could be on relaxed realism mode or something.

All in all, seems like a good sequel and when they fix up some of the niggling issues, like crashing server browser and the way the engine draws some objects in, it think it will be a great game.

Slowly downloading it now.

Timer keeps going up, and up, and up, and up.

It started off as 50 minutes.

30 minutes later it's up to 2:11.

EDIT:

Another 40 mins down and still at 2:05

:(

Edited by viremia

TWI are cycling in 3 more maps to the beta

Grain Elevator - the iconic battle site in the south of Stalingrad featuring long range infantry fighting outdoors and room to room close quarters combat inside

Red October Factory - night-time fighting in the factory ruins on an epic scale with infantry and tanks fighting side by side

Barracks - a mix of close-quarter and medium-range combat, sure to be a fan favorite

TBH these ones sound better than the 3 currently available, night time combat will be very interesting.

For any chumps out there like me who only grabbed the vanilla pre-order, TWI have been awesome and added an upgrade to DD option on the Steam store:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/

You can now get your beta on! I'll be there tonight, and shooting you all in the face at 20fps!

... Or not, as my slightly above minimum spec PC only renders half the textures, none of the skybox and gives me dull-to-no lighting, making the game rather unplayable :(

PC upgrade on Monday, hooooooo!

Those new maps sound excellent.

Man I tell you, Monday can't come soon enough for you. Just spent a while playing with viremia and pointzeroone and had an awesome time, so much fun. Really solid shooter.

I'm still confused by it, but I've only played it twice... and both times had a semi-annoying time figuring it out and being shot from completely unknown locations, then being annoyed further by that fucken gay ass snow map.

I hate snow everything in all games that aren't snowboarding, which doesn't help. :)

Doing the Beta, but I'm fucken hopeless. Dying a lot from snipers I never see and don't think I've got a single kill yet. Had a lot of fun in the original Red Orchestra - I hope this isn't too 'gamey' to exclude a hack like me.

I'm still confused by it, but I've only played it twice... and both times had a semi-annoying time figuring it out and being shot from completely unknown locations, then being annoyed further by that fucken gay ass snow map.

I hate snow everything in all games that aren't snowboarding, which doesn't help. :)

The Snow map is the best one! on territory mode with good server settings i love it.

You have alot more fun when everyones is more geared towards obtaining the onjective... i was playing this morning and i was getting killed alot...Why?

Because i was the only one willing to run out and try and take the squares (park) everyone else is on the egde trying to snipe from cover.

Also good Comander is a must.....and squad leaders....they have smoke grenades.... these are great for cover to et up close. For instance playing the germans try and go to the opposite road of the unimag building throw some smokies down there and get inbehind the enemy...you wont be open to there sniper fire from buildings.

Also....Cover Cover cover....and dont pop your head up in the same spot twice. and Patience.

That said some of the game is pissing me off...but i will wait till the full version before i get pissed.....like not being able to go prone near objets and making you jitter... locking into cover is good (especially for HMG).....but sometimes it is really shit and gets you into more trouble than it is worth.... was hoping to see the fire around corner features too which dont appear in the beta.... not a fan of how the lean left and right feels not the same as the original.. it feels very robotic in this one...i think it really needs some work.

I dont like Firefight mode. i just get confused.... Swapping sides... attacking then swap sides and you spawn next to 4 enemies... maybe it needs somework.

Looking forward to the new maps!

Because i was the only one willing to run out and try and take the squares (park) everyone else is on the egde trying to snipe from cover.

Oh FFS, not this shit again...

Well it is the truth....but at this early stage of RO2 it will happen.

Oh FFS, not this shit again...

What shit? Have you played RO2 yet?

Seriously, the attacking team always ends up in lockdown mode and makes the round last 5 minutes because no one is trying to capture the objectives to progress, its a pain in the ass, some people need to go play TDM.

is there a big australian following for this? I never played RO but a lot of DOD and I guess I'm itching for a decent mplayer ww2 game. For those of you playing beta, would you recommend it?

I most certainly would, as long as you're looking for something that plays a little less like cod and a little more like ARMA (and by a little more, I mean miniscule :P)

Its a good game, but frustrating atm, they keep pushing patches out which fix things and ruin other things. I honestly can't see it being ready for a full release in just over a week.

I really think you need to have an interest in WW2, especially the European campaigns as well as period weaponry, if you don't love killing cunts with the single shot rifle, you won't enjoy anything in the game :P