krispy89

F1 2011

ill wait for reviews then get this on PC and 360 so i can play multi with the family.

is it worth getting f1 2010 now? or is it to late?

I'd recommend waiting, unless you're mad about the 2010 season cars and drivers, 2011 will have everything 2010 has and more, with nicer driving we're promised and better multi. And more comprehensive' live the life' stuff if you're into to that.

ill wait for reviews then get this on PC and 360 so i can play multi with the family.

It was $10 in the recent Steam sale, and at the price it is absolutely worth jumping in on - you'll get your moneys worth in a week. Beyond that though... mmm, September isn't that far away, and F1 2011 is only going to be $50-$70 to import for a console and less for PC (Steam price gouging aside - though now we have parity with the US on iTunes who knows what will happen in the land of Steam!?).

F1 2011 is only going to be $50-$70 to import for a console and less for PC (Steam price gouging aside - though now we have parity with the US on iTunes who knows what will happen in the land of Steam!?).

Yay steam gouging Aussies!

Have to say though, Codemasters has been one of the more gentlemanly companies on the service, pretty sure they have fixed price across the board. Dirt3 for instance is $49.95, which is exactly what I'd expect to pay for it, and is what they charge US gamers.

I'd be thinking F1 2011 will be $49.95 too

Edited by mark84

but due this been a GFWL game is it worth getting it on steam or just getting it retail?

ill keep an eye on 2010 and get that for cheap if i can otherwise wait for 2011 and join you guys in the new season! (but i think ill need to get a wheel..)

but due this been a GFWL game is it worth getting it on steam or just getting it retail?

I would think GFWL comes in the retail version too :\

It's a requirement for them for multiplayer.

ill keep an eye on 2010 and get that for cheap if i can otherwise wait for 2011 and join you guys in the new season! (but i think ill need to get a wheel..)

Yeah wait for 2011.

Wheel, or just use a 360 controller :)

I'd say get 2010 to learn the courses (except for Germany as we're going to the Nurburgring for that one instead of Hockenheim.

And F1 2011 will be a clean slate as all of us needs to learn about DRS and KERS. :P

I wonder with the DRS, whether you can edit when you are allowed to activate it. Like in real F1 you have to be within 1 second of a car in front.

I am worried about DRS. I can see 2 cars getting out in front and using DRS to completely obliterate the rest of the field. Each lap the other car gets a chance to use DRS and pass.

Not sure. But qualifying will have DRS enabled throughout it from what is rumoured.

I wonder with the DRS, whether you can edit when you are allowed to activate it. Like in real F1 you have to be within 1 second of a car in front.

I am worried about DRS. I can see 2 cars getting out in front and using DRS to completely obliterate the rest of the field. Each lap the other car gets a chance to use DRS and pass.

In an ideal world, this would be a beautifully editable feature. However, I have no doubt that under the FIA F1 licence that Codies will be unable to allow us that freedom, and instead we will have to wait for a mod from the ever wonderful PC community.

Just a note for anyone into this but hasn't been up with the action in our F1 2010 comp (PC) - we WILL be running a F1 2011 comp starting a couple of weeks after it comes out, every Sunday night at 7.

I'll post a detailed thread sometime soonish where you can register interest in playing. F1 2010 for us lot wot raced it was so much fun, so with the new game supporting more players in multi we're very much welcoming new racers!

Just a note for anyone into this but hasn't been up with the action in our F1 2010 comp (PC) - we WILL be running a F1 2011 comp starting a couple of weeks after it comes out, every Sunday night at 7.

I'll post a detailed thread sometime soonish where you can register interest in playing. F1 2010 for us lot wot raced it was so much fun, so with the new game supporting more players in multi we're very much welcoming new racers!

Fingers crossed I can get it

I don't want my professional racing career to be as short as the life on my front wing at Korea...

Get the game and you're in mate. All F1 2010 regulars (that's you) are automatically pre-qualified.

Get the game and you're in mate. All F1 2010 regulars (that's you) are automatically pre-qualified.

Thanks mate

Just got to secure funds... and Steam downloads are still incredibly slow here, so the only option may be $80 at EB

Looks like I'll be missing the first race of EVERY round which puts a dent in me getting higher than this year and last year if we start 7pm. I hate family commitments. :(

Usually 7:30pm which is probably the middle ground of compromise really. So far, they agreed to this so hopefully, we'll stick to it. Otherwise, I'm probably looking at 8pm given how parents like to eat later and later which is really worrying for me though...

Usually 7:30pm which is probably the middle ground of compromise really. So far, they agreed to this so hopefully, we'll stick to it. Otherwise, I'm probably looking at 8pm given how parents like to eat later and later which is really worrying for me though...

Same with me

Though I will usually scoff it down and run to my PC :P

Hahaha, well, I'll try and make it for the first race. If not, then race without me. I'm sure I'm not in the running to be in the midfield anyway given my absence... :P

I dont think an 8pm start is too bad.. finish at 10, easy!

We've been through this last season, starting later than 7 was out of the question for a couple of racers. Like kikz. If we all agree that 8 is possible then all cool.

Should say - this shouldn't be the thread for sorting the next season details. That's not why krispy started it so it's a bit off topic. Better to keep discussing these aspects in the 2010 thread until the time is right and I'll start a 2011 season thread.

Sorry for derailing it. Anyway, more talk on F1 2011 and less about the season. :)

Here's some achievements that were leaked. For those not bothered to look, spoilered below:

Have You Considered DIRT 3? - You performed a drift of 10 metres or more

Season Opener - Complete your first Career Race

Pole Position - Take the first Pole Position of your Career

Just The Beginning - Take your first Career Victory

Lightning Fast - Set the Fastest Penalty Free Lap of the Race in any game mode

Sublime Talent - Set the Fastest Lap in ever Session of a Long Race Weekend in any mode

Push The Button - Cleanly Overtake an Opponent While KERS is activated

Winging It - Cleanly Overtake an Opoonent while the Adjustable Rear Wing is activated

Precision Driving - Complete any Race without Colliding with another Car or Object

Constructor's Champion - Win the Constructors' Championship in Career

Drivers World Champion - Win the Drivers' World Championship in Career

On The Bounce - Beat Alberto Ascaris Record fo 9 Successive Career Victories

Do It Yourself - Win a Race in any mode using Manual Gears

They're on which Buttons? - Win a race without activating Kers or Adjustable Rear Wing once

Co-Op Drivers' Champion - Win the Drivers Championship in a Co-op Season

Test Driver - Cover a total of 500 Pracitice miles / 805 kilometres in your Career

Drivers World Championship (Hard) - Win the Drivers World Championship in Career on Hard or Expert Difficulty

Blue Flag - Lap at least 6 other cars during a Race in any game mode

Trophy Collector - Win a Race at each of the 19 Circuits in any game mode

Car Control - Win a Race without any Driver Assists enabled in any game mode

Impeccable Performance - Win a Race from Pole Position in any game mode

Keep your Friends Close - Complete a full Co-op Season

Completionist - Set a Time in all of the Time Attack Scenarios

Opportunist - Perform a Pit-stop during a Safety Car Period

Senna-esque - On lap 1 under heavy rain conditions take the lead after starting no higher than 5th on the grid

Glancing Blow - With Damage on Full make contact with the wall at Monaco and win the Race

Is Jenson going to pass or not? - Win the Turkish Grand Prix driving as Lewis Hamilton

Slingshot - Spend a total of 10 minutes Slipstreaming your opponents in any game mode

On the Podium - In any Race Finish in the top three

Down to the Wire - Take the Lead on the Final Lap of a 20% + distance rate and Win

Keeping it Clean - Finish an online race without making contact with an opponent's car

Robot-like Constency - Complete 5 successive laps each within quarter of a second of each other

It's the Driver not the Car - Win the Drivers World Championship with two different teams in Career or Co-op

Teamwork - Win the Constructors title in a Co-op Championship

Solid Performance - Score points at every Round of a Career or Co-op Season

10 Online - Win 10 Online Races

35 Online - Win 35 Online Races

Slap on the Wrist - Receive a Drive-through Penalty then go on to win the Race

Precision Driving - Complete any Race without Colliding with another Car or Object

How dare they ask that of Fredzfrog.

Senna-esque - On lap 1 under heavy rain conditions take the lead after starting no higher than 5th on the grid

Awwwwww yeah, come to papa.

Here's some achievements that were leaked. For those not bothered to look, spoilered below:

[spoilers]

Nice list, although I do approve massively of this one, and the specific conditions too;