Tresco1

Cheap Dell U2711 2560 x 1440 monitor

Have received a couple of emails from Dell indicating that they are discounting products leading up to the end of the FY.

I spoke with a Dell sales rep today to ask what deals they could do on the U2711 - current price online is $799

they came back with $654.50 inc GST & including delivery

- it will be here within 1 week !

not bad, I would have just gone with the 15% off coupon ($679 delivered) to save having to talk to some Asian who can only speak engrish not English.

not bad, I would have just gone with the 15% off coupon ($679 delivered) to save having to talk to some Asian who can only speak engrish not English.

You should talked to a rep from the Philippines, that's where Dell outsources its services.

Which is what I've done :) ordered yesterday.

Current eta is tomorrow, but it hasn't even shipped yet according to their order status page.

Which is what I've done :) ordered yesterday.

Current eta is tomorrow, but it hasn't even shipped yet according to their order status page.

You will be impressed man. My girlfriend even came around to liking it.

heh, I can't wait.

I was looking at all the crappy 1080P screens and saw this, had to have it. and the wealth of inputs is great! PS3, Macbook, Gamer etc all without having to switch between shit.

I'm hoping it does rock up soon though, I sent myself broke paying for it.

heh, I can't wait.

I was looking at all the crappy 1080P screens and saw this, had to have it. and the wealth of inputs is great! PS3, Macbook, Gamer etc all without having to switch between shit.

I'm hoping it does rock up soon though, I sent myself broke paying for it.

Yeah I hooked it up to my N64 when I have the random urge to play it. I also like having my microserver plugged in aswell so I can just switch input and have a tinker if need be.

Definitely one of the best purchases I made. Enjoy mate.

Courier just rang to let me know it'll be here between midday and 5 tomorrow :D

Not very productive today, cant stop thinking about my new toy

should post some decent pictures of your setup man.

Without wanting to start a new thread (hopefully someone will read this!):

What are these screens like when using HDMI to watch a blu-ray or play an Xbox 360 through? I ask because I just discovered that my Samsung (which is a 1920x1200 panel) either stretches the image vertically, or chops off the ends horizontally (only when using the HDMI connection)...the way I have it set is for the vertical stretch. Which really isn't that bad (60 pixels top and bottom don't distort the image...too much...)

But yeah, if I get a new panel, I want to avoid this issue...

Assuming the Dell letter boxes at its native resolution? How does that look...? Or, because its a native 16:9 panel, does it just scale up??

Any impressions/thoughts/experiences appreciated :)

1920x1200 is 16:10 whereas 2560x1440 is 16:9 so it should scale it up perfectly.

That's what I was thinking, thanks :)

Now to convince myself that, with the NRMA discount, I don't need to buy a Dell just yet! Best be saving a bit longer

looks awesome man.

i cant wait till i get mine (still need to order it though)

how do you find using it with a light nearby? is it glaring ? Is text/images hard to see read on it?

seems like there's quite a bit of glare even with the matte screen coating, other than that very nice setup makes me wish i had $$ to upgrade too :)

seems like there's quite a bit of glare even with the matte screen coating, other than that very nice setup makes me wish i had $$ to upgrade too :)

Nah, I just took a terrible photo and didn't let my iphone take the time to adjust to the light levels. the anti glare works well so glare isn't an issue.

I've got the current 24" dell, and the AG coating is great. Never had a problem with glare at all.

Though it is blindingly bright on default settings - I've got it turned down to the lowest and even then it's still too much sometimes!

Amazing screens, for sure.