Sign in to follow this  
ArcaneMagik

[PC] League of Legends

AccessDenied. If you want to join me in a game we don't mind if you feed. I have 3 people who play in my house and 7 regulars including myself. We are constantly recruiting new people to play with us and are used to noobs. We use Skype which gives us an advantage. We don't play too seriously and just want to have fun.

We play from about 8 till 1am so if you want to wait till the kids are in bed we will be on still be on.

May just do that mate... Will see how I go. I have the very important issue of my wife being away and getting back tonight. If I ignore her, I will have to search the entire house for my testicles.

Skype for chat? I'll see what I can do. I *think* I have it installed... If not, I know I have an account somewhere......... (I'm pretty sure of it... I used it on my phone about 9 months ago).

Otherwise.. Right now I need MOAR PRACTIZ!! I've done the 5v5 tute mission and that's it.. I might have time in about 10 minutes or so to practice for another game or 2.

AD

Yeah that's fine mate. We are used to people with kids and wifes and uni homework etc, so that's why we have a big group because not everyone can play every night and we all have different demands. Luckiy I'm young with no responsibilities so I'm always down for a game haha.

OK. The beginning is giving me the shits... The gameplay is awesome.

But everytime it's like I'm still in tutorial mode or something (I'm not sure if this is the case), I keep getting waylayed by popup boxes about team vs ai and all that. If I click no, I get scary "DON'T CLICK NO!" messages. If I click yes, it immediately puts me in a queue for a game which I currently don't have time for. I have about another 10 minutes until I have to do things, and I just wanted to click around in masteries and runes and the shop etc and look at what is available etc.

When do these silly popups go away, or better still, how do you stop them NOW!

It really doesn't help that it doesn't warn you that your going straight into a match. If I had known I would have continued on the 'no' path. grrrrrr. Not exactly a new user friendly game. The people are great. The mechanics of the tutorial (Yes. The tutorial. The thing that's meant to help you) is actually intimidating and puts me off.

AD

Oh they give you the option of turning that shit off AD (unless you actually are doing the tutorial over and over again). We'll have a game or 2 against some Bots and get you used to things, but yeah the fact that once the game starts you can't leave and can't pause is ... tiring.

LoL is pretty fun, i played dota/hon for years so its good to get a different take on the genre.

I cant remember the name of the hero but he has a gas tank on his back and runs around leaving a trail of poison, its so funny running away with 1/4 and watch people run to their death trying to chase you mid crop dust.

Fiddlestix is a boss too

Pantheon used to be a boss, now he's just alright.

Did they nerf his heartstrike or damage or something since last june?

Still reckon Shen and Cho are wonderful tanks.

Trynd is usually built like a glass canon ... and CC really tears him up. Plus if 1 person has Exhaust on your team, his ulti is next to useless ... that being said, I've seen a lot of games where he's torn shreds.

Yeah he can be defeated, but I tend to struggle without help.

I play Nidalee. And I usually run a lane with my mate who plays Ashe. It's a good combo. We always try to get a kill before minions spawn. Helps a lot.

Yeah Nid (support) and Ashe (AD) work well bot lane, it's a good combo. Nid can also work well top solo if she wants, she can do a few roles.

Trynd is usually built like a glass canon ... and CC really tears him up. Plus if 1 person has Exhaust on your team, his ulti is next to useless ... that being said, I've seen a lot of games where he's torn shreds.

+1

In my year of absence from LoL, apparently Trynd got nerfed which included his ability of healing from the red rage bar he has.

Nice to see Teemo and Cho still rocking with no changes.

My LoL name is Devla8 in case anyone's interested. (although I'm really getting tired of that name and plan on changing it)

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

yay active LoL discussion.

tried to get a game with you the other week Garph, but you were busy being a dad, if you were wondering who that was :)

i have loads of heros I like now, but always do well with garen, its so easy to get a double kill before the creeps spawn with spin @ level 1 and the right runes. especially with a competent partner. gangplank is fun too, when at level 3 you can start critting for like, half someone's health. I recently bought spooky ghost gangplank :D

i highly recommend buying a champion pack for anyone who doesn't have many heroes yet, they are about $20-30 after you conver the riot points, but gives you access to around 20 heros immediately. the one I got had pretty much all good heroes.

my name on LoL is ex4n if anyone wants to add me. I usually get in at least a few games a week.

Just had my first 5 humans vs AI. 1 human went AFK right at the beginning.

It is a worry when it's my first time and I turned out to be the carry. (Playing Ashe).

It was at the point where we were nearly back to having our inhibitors destroyed. I managed to push through the entire middle lane just about solo and take the fight back to the AI base. The rest of the team finally turned up when I nearly had the enemy inhibitor down solo. (25% health left on it). I was nearly out of mana and couldn't push much more, but crikey. 2 towers and most of 1 inhibitor solo. Smeg loads of 'oh fudge' moments where I thought I was going to die, but somehow managed to eek through. (Life steal save my life many a time. Doing a volley shot and stealing enough life just before a blow to leave me with sub 20 health. O_o Survived)

In the end, I had the highest kills and assists as an individual in my team. Highest creep kills and most damage.

I know that there were other DPS players on my team (1 x Miss Fortune for example).

I suppose the difference is that I've spent about 2 hours watching how professional league players play the DPS style class. I then try to mimic to the best of my ability.

Was a fun game though, even if it did get a little close for comfort a few times.

AD

From my experience one year prior. The AI is dead easy. They are just so robotic in their movements.

Did they get a patch or something?

No. The AI wasn't too hard.. But the issue was more that the other DPS were going almost tank like. We had 1 AFK.. And I can only do so much as an individual. GangPlank in my team did a good job.. He had a hell of a lot of deaths. But he played well. He just over-extended a lot. Not a surprise. In the prematch chat he said it was his 2nd game.

It's a worry that the 2 guys that ADMIT to being noobs do the best whilst the rest of the team chat was "Yeah ok. That's cool. We'll watch out for you..."

Hmm. Bravado maybe?

I *KNOW* I'm not that good, but I actually found 4 bot + me vs 5 AI easier than with those guys...

AD

Corki and Twitch. Absolute useless fucks if not used right very early.

I always get bad luck with those two. They would try and get kills, totally feed and become a burden for the whole team.

And plus they are squishy as hell. Emphasis on the squishyness of squishy.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

hehe.. Just played another game.. 6xp short of lvl 6... *sigh*

No time for another game.

Oh well.. Was a fun game.

Really starting to get the hang of Ashe now.

AD

Easy bots are the simple ones, will walk right up to you before punching you in the face basically. Regardless of the hero abilities.

Intermediate bots are a bit harder, they've actually killed me a few times. Not sure if this scales with champion level either, but whenever I go to intermediate bots there are always only other level 30s. I also noticed intermediate bots level faster and get more money than they would otherwise, to make it fair I guess.

@MrTwinkie - Can not emphasise enough how much I dislike people who pick those kind of heroes, fail hard and cost the team a game. There are a lot of idiots playing the game (it's free) so unfortunately until you can play ranked you have to deal with them.

Might try and get a few games tonight, haven't played in a few days :)

Edited by p0is0n

Easy bots are the simple ones, will walk right up to you before punching you in the face basically. Regardless of the hero abilities.

Intermediate bots are a bit harder, they've actually killed me a few times. Not sure if this scales with champion level either, but whenever I go to intermediate bots there are always only other level 30s. I also noticed intermediate bots level faster and get more money than they would otherwise, to make it fair I guess.

@MrTwinkie - Can not emphasise enough how much I dislike people who pick those kind of heroes, fail hard and cost the team a game. There are a lot of idiots playing the game (it's free) so unfortunately until you can play ranked you have to deal with them.

Might try and get a few games tonight, haven't played in a few days :)

Idiots play ranked too.

Just slightly lower chance if you didn't go premade.

Dammit I only got level 30 a few weeks ago, been practising the fine points on a few heroes and completing some rune sets in preparation for ranked.. Was hoping to avoid most of the tards there.

I'll be online tonight for a few games. From about 8:30pm'ish... If people see me, it'd be fun to have a game. I'm still learning the ropes so would appreciate a few bot games first... (Hell. I'm only lvl 6... I'll be toast if I go PvP)

AD

*sigh* My boy is still awake. And long complex story from there. MIGHT get on tonight.. If not, will try again tomorrow night.. *Sad Fayse*

AD