Sign in to follow this  
ArcaneMagik

[PC] League of Legends

I love that gun dude Graves. Massive damage dealer.

Simple and very effective. It's so refreshing to play someone that's not tank anymore haha.

I think I found an Ashe replacement.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I have only been playing League of Legends for a little while. I am only Level 26 though I quite enjoy it. Though it does get frustrating when you get teams that don't play as a team, they go off and do there own thing and you lose. It's really a team based game and if the people you are playing with are all too high and mighty to be part of the team then you end up losing. There are a lot of trash talkers just like in any other game, it's fun to listen too and definately get a kick out of listening to it, lol. Though do you all reckon that DOTA 2 will kill LoL or will it stay the same?

Dammit I only got level 30 a few weeks ago, been practising the fine points on a few heroes and completing some rune sets in preparation for ranked.. Was hoping to avoid most of the tards there.

How many rune pages do you have? Do you like seperate one for nuke and tank and etc?

I've only ever had one rune page and perhaps I should get more.

Don't forget masteries are going to go on servers tomorrow so it'll get reset to nothing unless you redo it again. Don't wanna go out to Summoner's Rift with handicaps.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Dammit I only got level 30 a few weeks ago, been practising the fine points on a few heroes and completing some rune sets in preparation for ranked.. Was hoping to avoid most of the tards there.

How many rune pages do you have? Do you like seperate one for nuke and tank and etc?

I've only ever had one rune page and perhaps I should get more.

I have a few, but there isn't much point in more than 1 unless you have runes to fill it.

I have one page with all armour pen/cooldown reduction and another with all +hp/armour/magic resist etc.

I try to use them like selecting an extra item before the game.

Just got a dota 2 invite today tho so going to check that out for a bit I think :)

Trying to like DOTA 2 but its so damn slow and sluggish, I find I keep coming back to the fast / furious battles that LoL has. Speaking of which, I think at some point we'll be playing some LoL during hte 24 Hour Gaming Marathon, so if you're on my friends list and are playing from:

11am Saturday 14th - 11am Sunday 14th

And you see me online, drop me a message and we'll have a game.

I agree about DOTA2 garph, not sure if its just me being too used to LoL. I am going to play at least 20 games before i write it off though.

Might see if I can fit in a game on the weekend :)

I have been playing this for a while now. add me as im always on. The names "funkyfunkfunk" I am currently lvl 20 and spend most of my time ripping it up with Fiora lol!! As of yesterday this "little annoying game" has now become my wifes addiction. she is hooked so i'm helping her play and what not. give me a yell if you want to play. always ready to game

Ill add you later Sir, and (and this goes for anyone) if you see me online, hit me up for a game, hard to organise me being that my family comes first and keeps me busy :)

But yeah if I'm online and there, I'll have a game. Just had my 330th win! and err ... cough ... 329 losses :)

hmmm.. I am quite pissed off tonight. I have had a day of bad players (sportsmanship) and quitters. This has really angered me today. just then, We had an inhib down, and they haddn't even taken our base tower.. guy starts a surrender. I ask wtf? why? we are winning.. he ignores.. anyway this went on for another 2 times until 3 of them all at once left before calling me a fag. I was in their base trying to finish the game.. but had to B to defend.. basically they had 5V2 and rushed us... GG.. I reported them.. as much as I hate reporting people. Just REAAAALY annoys me as I had that game almost done.. but because they couldn't see it, it was time to bail.

That, and I am sick of people not understanding that ok, a few towers doesn't mean game over. im only lvl 20.. but am constantly playing with my mates at lvl 30.. While I may not go as well at that lvl, least I know each game is good, won't have quitters (most of the time) and understand gaming edequite (sp? lol ) just annoys me that I have lost about 4 games today, due to the above behaviour which if not there, could have seen a different outcome.

enough venting.. time to get another game up :)

hey,

I am on league nearly weekly, add me - greegras - if you want to join my attempts to win. I am level 30 with over 400 wins -i know its sad, but isn't that the point of this thread?

i been on dota 2 aswell, really tried to get into it, played about 20 games. Its boring, its slow, it doesnt look good :(

Plus there is no vladimere (sp?) champ

Because Vladimere is the peak of game design, or because he's not properly balanced?

There are plenty of good vampire heroes, and self-healing heroes in Moba games.

Hon has heroes like Blood Hunter and Dhampire, and DOTA2 has Strygwyr.

Vlad is balanced, but he is indeed fun to use. Primarily used for Solo mid or Top solo. He doesn't need Mana, and his vampire heal stuff allows him to stay in a lane longer, longer farming, more levels, more items, etc.

Vlad is balanced, but he is indeed fun to use. Primarily used for Solo mid or Top solo. He doesn't need Mana, and his vampire heal stuff allows him to stay in a lane longer, longer farming, more levels, more items, etc.

I personally think that strong lane heroes shouldn't make good carries, but then LOL has a very different scaling mechanic to HON/Dota anyway.

Vlad isn't really a carry, late game his spells, whilst doing good damage, require good timing (his ultimate for example). But he isn't considered a carry at all. There are some AP spell castors that can lane hard and carry, but like every game in LoL, they're probably squishy and die very quickly when caught out of position.

But he can kind of carry, right? He promotes synergy between HP and spell damage etc.

So he can build for survivability, and it rolls in more DPS than other heroes would get?

No, becuase he can't scale to the levels that make him a monster late game. Always assume it like this. Almost any Champion, if 5 levels ahead, and like 40 or more CS up on the next closest guy and a bunch of kills, will dominate a game.

The higher levels this is more and more rare, but it can happen.

Reason I don't much like the term 'carry' is because it's misused a lot. Vlad can be 'effective' late game. But his life steal will mean shit if he's stunned for 1 second and Ashe lands 3 of her Crit shots on him. He's done, he can get a bit of health behind him if built right, but he's not a tank.

Meanwhile his ulti works good at level 6 to level 18. But its a small AOE, you need as many of those enemies in those damage zone as possilble. And he's got 1 shot at it. Then he can do a bunch of other things, but his attack which does damage and gives him life, which very effective early / early -mid (and allows him to stay in a lane) ... isn't really used that well late game. And always assume that late game, everyone is on equal footing. Like I siad before, if he's far ahead, he could be almost anyone and just raping face :)

Because Vladimere is the peak of game design, or because he's not properly balanced?

There are plenty of good vampire heroes, and self-healing heroes in Moba games.

Hon has heroes like Blood Hunter and Dhampire, and DOTA2 has Strygwyr.

cuz he can turn into a pool of blood and cruise around hahah, Having no mana is cool too

But he can kind of carry, right? He promotes synergy between HP and spell damage etc.

So he can build for survivability, and it rolls in more DPS than other heroes would get?

My idea of a carry is an item dependant hero that can late game own with auto attacks, but early game needs to be "carried" themself because they are not strong enough.

Vlad early game is def strong enough to not need a support hero to babysit him through the lane phase

Edited by xnatex

My idea of a carry is an item dependant hero that can late game own with auto attacks, but early game needs to be "carried" themself because they are not strong enough.

Vlad early game is def strong enough to not need a support hero to babysit him through the lane phase

That's a hard carry. A carry is a hero who becomes an unstoppable monster once they get farm. Usually this happens late game. I thought he was a bit like zephyr in hon, who is over powered and needs a nerf.

I loved this strategy game but it's a long time I haven't played it. The game design is enjoyable and there are tons of great champions with nearly limitless customization options. The strategy elements are sound, and it can be fun to just pick a lane and start chewing through minions as you work your way towards enemy towers and champions.

I must admit, I'm pretty addicted to this game.

It's good fun, although the community is killing it for me, so sick of most people and their smack talk on there.

Just started playing, 'Quasima'.

I'm pretty crap at it, but a friend is carrying me through some co-op games.

I think theyre gonna have to start fixing the client soon, or give a lot of compensation, cos i don't know how much longer i can put up with waiting an hour for the login queue, and then the client telling me to randomly reconect to a non-existent game.

I think their servers are being attacked, think of it like this, when their servers are DOWN they aren't making any money, so wouldn't it be in their best interest to have them up as much as possible? You / I deserve no incentive for their servers being down, especially if they're copping attacks at the moment.

Also for anyone on my friends list, I don't know about you, but it seems when I send messages to people they aren't always going through.