G-relk

Alternatives to CyberLink for Bluray playback

Downloaded WinDVD Pro 11 the other day and was running OK, except for this stupid limitation on the aspect ratios, which, in the trial version, gives you only letterbox format. Decided tonight to buy the full upgrade... got major problems with activation. Nearly threw my keyboard through the window. Will be calling them on Monday.

World. War. Three.

For the first time ever in my life, I am tempted to download a cracked version of a piece of software - after three hours grappling with this crap tonight I've had enough. Corel have extremely poor form in terms of troubleshooting/support/fixes. Not a happy happy ATM.

I've just finished getting Powerdvd to work as an external player for XBMC and alot of the scripts were centered around using media player classic home cinema for bluray - might be worth taking a look if you are interested. I think you have to tell it to use the cyberlink decoder.....

Hello UberPenguin,

I called Corel a short while ago. It seems I've been duped into thinking an LCD TV behaves much like a computer monitor where you seem experience less of a 'letterboxing'. Damn 16:9 ratio. Can't they come up with a 16:12 or something? They can put a man on the moon, but they can't film in widescreen WITH height? I love the width, but this cut in heights business really pisses me off. Why don't they just bring out widescreen TV's, without the unnecessary heights?

. Well, in any case, I still have the problem that I still cannot change my aspect ratio, should I want to. The girl I spoke to on the phone assured me that the techs would look into the problem for me and get back to me. The good thing with Corel's software is that you needn't muck around with other settings. You just pop in the bluray and away you go.