nesquick

Atomics most powerful system per cm2 build log

Wow this is gonna be an awesome PC nesquick. Looking forward to seeing it finished

Puts my mATX rig to shame (which I built a month ago, and haven't tested yet), thought some parts for that are almost 5yrs old :P

If I could justify spending an arseload of cash on another rig, I would build myself a smaller form factor lan rig with as much grunt in it as possible

something like

Posted Image

Edited by g0t.w00t?

If I could justify spending an arseload of cash on another rig, I would build myself a smaller form factor lan rig with as much grunt in it as possible

something like

Posted Image

That rig is far overpriced for what it is imo.

Did you just choose certain parts because of the price? :P

No, I picked things because I want them, and I theme my builds. You will notice I said if I wanted to spend an arseload of cash. And not a single one of those items is the highest cost in that bracket.

Anyways...

Edited by g0t.w00t?

PCCG still hasn't shipped my order :( forgot they always wait until funds have cleared from my CC which is shit cause I got charged extra when I could have just done an eft for free.

might have to grab a H61 board and 2500k to hold me over till next week when it gets here.

Edited by nesquick

PCCG still hasn't shipped my order :( forgot they always wait until funds have cleared from my CC which is shit cause I got charged extra when I could have just done an eft for free.

might have to grab a H61 board and 2500k to hold me over till next week when it gets here.

With the 2500k theres no point getting a H61 board because theres little to no OC abilities on H61 boards. grab a P67 if your getting a K series CPU because you only get K if your OC'ing, or can.

EDIT:

sorry i sound like a douche, i didn't read the post properly the H61 is to tide you over, sorry for that :3

Edited by saluy

With the 2500k theres no point getting a H61 board because theres little to no OC abilities on H61 boards. grab a P67 if your getting a K series CPU because you only get K if your OC'ing, or can.

EDIT:

sorry i sound like a douche, i didn't read the post properly the H61 is to tide you over, sorry for that :3

You look new around here :)

got a GTX580 today, Leadtek brand for $499, was trying to get a GTX570 with external exhaust but couldn't find any.

got a GTX580 today, Leadtek brand for $499, was trying to get a GTX570 with external exhaust but couldn't find any.

Got a GTX 570 with the referance cooler (the one that vents out the back of the case) from pccasegear when they first came out, and I too had all sorts of issues finding another one of the same card when i wanted to grab my second one for SLI.

Ended up finding one at www.mwave.com.au

I was just reading a review of that Zotac board. It's pretty nice

EDIT: I think this pretty much shows how small the boards actually are. Bloody awesome

Edited by nobody813

I'd lose it, I can't stand not having room for stuff. hah!

yea most people do, I can be very patient and meticulous with some things though and its something I have been looking forward to doing for a while.

mark I'd say yours will still probably be more powerful per cm^2 but mine was not thought out with high powered watercooling in mind :) just as minimal deskspace as possible.

ive got a good idea..... you can buy a bigger desk then not worry about the cm²

this is going to be a very good build

looking forward to it.

and nes, how do you find the leadtek 580? is it decent, or is there any issues? (heat,noise etc?)

looking forward to it.

and nes, how do you find the leadtek 580? is it decent, or is there any issues? (heat,noise etc?)

haven't plugged it in yet, it has a non standard PCB, I am considering taking it back and swapping it for an EVGA which has the Nvidia designed PCB.

looking forward to it.

haven't plugged it in yet, it has a non standard PCB, I am considering taking it back and swapping it for an EVGA which has the Nvidia designed PCB.

and i was set on the leadtek due it it been cheap...oh well guess i will have to pick evga then..

thanks for the info nes, much appreciated.

Ok so its about 75% built just need the watercooler, SSD and mini sata cable.

heres some pics

As usual great packaging from pccg so props to them

Posted Image

Posted Image

tiny parts

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

mark and cut the hole for the GTX580

Posted Image

Posted Image

Like a glove :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

More photos lost my camera during building process under all the crap laying around.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/Jo...13/P1010801.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/Jo...13/P1010802.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/Jo...13/P1010803.jpg

someone post after this so I can add these 3 pics lol

Edited by nesquick

Oh man that is cool. GPU poking out of case is just hardcore. I actually ordered some stuff from PCCG a day or two ago, according to the tracking site, it's been in my town with the courier for past 3 hours. Not bad for cross-country.

Man you can really yell how small that board is when you see the size of the socket for the 32nm cpu on it, crazy.

Nice looking build man, absolutely tiny and awesome.

,an that is one nice build!

nice work nes!

and why the PCB of that 580 a lighter green? i thought i would be darker?

,an that is one nice build!

nice work nes!

and why the PCB of that 580 a lighter green? i thought i would be darker?

Nes said its a Non Reference PCB so they probably coloured it themselves.

thanks guys

jdog its actually upon closer inspection identical to a stock nvidia reference design but the PCB is green so nfi how that happened but it works well :)

more pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Must say I am super impressed with this little system 2 1/2 hours playing BC2 and didn't hear the GTX580 ramp up once and the CPU is sitting at a fairly low 4.2ghz stock cooled.

Edited by nesquick

Those pics are making me want to build my own small ultra powerfull PC... this 20KG monster i have now is so very annoying when i have to pack it up for lans over my mates place...

Those pics are making me want to build my own small ultra powerfull PC... this 20KG monster i have now is so very annoying when i have to pack it up for lans over my mates place...

I don't go to LANs but yea I can imagine it must annoy the crap out of you, my one only weighs maybe 6kg tops. Edited by nesquick