Sign in to follow this  
seehund

Listen up you primitive screwheads!

Yeah, Burn Notice is mostly what I know him from. He recently got a backstory tv movie about his character I think, I should probably check that out.

And I have seen a few of those terrible B movies, they are great and shit at the same time.

irc that tv movie about his backstory was decent all things considered.

tree rape scene or gtfo

Did you watch the trailer or read my comments about fucked up horror stuff?

cant watch the trailer on my work network, i'll try and watch it this arvo if im still keen to stare at the computer after a 13 hour shift

just saw the trailer, hahaha, holy shit that looks good

Edited by xnatex

When I saw this thread title, and the trailer...

This happened

Posted Image

I have always liked bruce's movies however cheesy they may be, I watched evil dead #1 before #2 although #2 IMO is a "better budget #1" , then #3 which I loved due to the slightly more comical nature.

I'm in!

Edited by drawesome

For fuck sake, what the absolute fuck is wrong with you people???!!!??? Fucking Star Wars 1,2 &3! Fucking Indiana Jones Crystal Skull Fuck Face Arsehole Head! Fucking Alien Prometheus! ALL.... FUCKING.... SHIT!!!! Now you're all "YAY! They're going to take another giant shit all over my cherished memories!!! YAY!!! I can't wait for this remake to not live up to my expectations!". Will you never fucking learn??? I for one would be very happy if Hollywood would just leave movie greats the fuck alone. Don't even get me started on Blade Runner.

watching the trailer reminds me of The Cabin in the Woods

that was my thoughts too, very similar..

watching the trailer reminds me of The Cabin in the Woods

that was my thoughts too, very similar..

That's because the look of the cabin in Cabin in the Woods is based on the cabin in the original Evil Dead, and this also looks like the cabin in the original Evil Dead.

Although it's also entirely possible they re-used the set Cabin in the Woods built.

*EDIT* This is the one from Evil Dead 2:

Posted Image

Edited by tantryl

Yea it's been a while since I watched the original evil dead/evil dead 2 so The Cabin in the Woods was a bit more fresh.

It was pretty comical though, the whole roll the dice and see what gets you thing..

There is really only so much you can do with an isolated cabin setting though :)

Would have been cool to see the necronomicon pop up somewhere more densely populated though, like a major city?

Your reply to the comments regarding the similarity in looks between 'Evil Dead' and "Cabin in the Woods' are far, far, FAR more forgiving than mine would have been, tantryl.

I'd have slapped them upside the head for their ignorance, and ask them what exactly they thought they were going into when the watched 'Cabin'?

Anyhoo...

So, some clever-clogs has mashed footage from the original "Evil Dead" (and sequel) with the audio track from the remake trailer...and it's surprisingly great!

Doesn't look like it's going to have the humor that evil dead 2 had :(

It was never meant to. It's a remake of "Evil Dead"...not "Evil Dead II".

Says so there on the tin.

Doesn't look like it's going to have the humor that evil dead 2 had :(

It was never meant to. It's a remake of "Evil Dead"...not "Evil Dead II".

Says so there on the tin.

If you enjoyed Evil Dead 3, don't expect this to be anything like it.

Evil Dead 3 was such a departure from the first 2 it's almost unrecognisable.

So, EVIL DEAD is being remade, but did you know that before making his cult classic film, Sam Raimi shot an even lower-budget, proof-of-concept titled "Within the Woods"? You should, being the clever-clogs that you are.

If you're at all curious, the full 30-minute film is here:

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/within-the-woods/full-movie

It's a pretty poor quality VHS rip, but it kind of feeds the "video-nasty" vibe.

Edited by hectorbustnuts

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/22/ten...by-roque-banos/

Ten Minutes Of The New Evil Dead Score By Roque Banos

A ten minute preview of Roque Banos‘ score for the new Evil Dead has been posted to Sound Cloud. You can hear it in the player below.

I don’t want to spoil the experience for you but this sample starts and ends in very different places. I didn’t recognise any quotes from Joseph Do Luca‘s score for the original, but I’m not really the man for that job.

There are some dizzy, circling bits that seem quite similar, though – but similar in basic intent and style rather than being a repeat.

I don’t really know if this is an official upload or not. If it isn’t, I guess it will be dead by dawn so stick it on now and enjoy it.

Fuck.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/28/new...-can-go-see-it/

New Evil Dead Earns NC-17, Gets Sent Back To Be Cut Up So Kids Can Go See It

When the new Evil Dead was first submitted to the MPAA, they gave it the NC-17 rating. This means that no children under seventeen can be admitted to see the film.

Director Fede Alvarez tweeted:

Was proud of scoring a NC17 when submitted! But we had to cut stuff out to get an R and get the film into theaters.

The NC-17 the only rating at the MPAA’s disposal that outright blocks certain members of the audience. With an R rating, for example, a customer aged under seventeen will be admitted when accompanied by an adult of twenty one or over.

The US cinema chains don’t like NC-17 films. Presumably it’s simply because they’re bad for business but there might be issues with conservative advertisers and the like.

Now, in the UK we have two ratings that outright bar customers below certain ages. The 15 certificate means a customer must be fifteen years of age or older, and it’s the same story with 18, just three years advanced.

Evil Dead is likely, in its R-rated version to score a 15 certificate. This translation is pretty common, from R to 15. Sometimes an R ends up being 18, but not quite so often.

The argument, I would suppose, is that the UK system prevents freedom. That in the US, if somebody wants to take their seven year old to see Hostel, they can and that’s a freedom they’re entitled to.

Fede Alvarez finished his film the way he liked it, the way he wanted it and then market forces meant that he had to cut it so young kids in the audience could drive up its box-office. There’s a lot of things I don’t like about that picture.

Note that Evil Dead wasn’t cut to be particularly child-suitable. It hasn’t been made into The Care Bears. It was just put into parameters where it can be expected to play out without protest or fuss and keep sucking in the dollars.

I wish adult audiences in America would support the NC-17 rating the way adult audiences in the UK support 18 certificate films. We don’t feel the need to take our youngsters to everything, but we do respect being able to see films the way filmmakers wanted us to.

Of course, UK readers should note that we’re now going to get the cut version of Evil Dead. It’s been a very rare occurrance that we’ve had an untouched version of something that was hacked up for an R in the US. Not since Eyes Wide Shut, off the top of my head.

Fundamentally, the trade off here has been between adults being able to see a film the way it was intended and kids being admitted to see not entirely suitable scenes of violence. It’s really not a fair trade at all.

Which means we'll likely see an MA15+ cut here.

Guess I'm holding out for the "uncut" bluray release.

Fuck.

How many times..."EVIL DEAD" IS NOT A FUNNY FILM.

Dude...you just can't argue reason with the mentally infirm or trolls.

I'll be the same as you - waiting for the uncut BR release I guess.