Flouncy

[PC] F1 2010 special events

It would certainly be nice to have a few more people to help fill up that new for 2011 16 place grid. My thoughts are that allowing people to run aids will mean they can hopefully keep up with the fast guys and improve their race craft and learn some better lines, for when the aids are off.

Flouncy, put Maverick and I down for all these !

Maverick drives the Ferrari and I drive the Merc bud. Can you swap us?

Not looking good for this Sunday. Rule me out so I am not tempted

Just got another 2 bloody assignments!!!!

So Flouncy, you want to give us all aids, or just give some of us aids, or let us choose if we want aids or not? I'll take the no aids options if it's available.

I don't really need the arrow line, I just follow whoever is in front. It's when I get in front that I get a bit lost. Seems I get lost quite often then aye :P

Ghost I assume it means you can choose the aids you want.

And the reasons make sense to me :)

Ghost I assume it means you can choose the aids you want.

I *think* Ghost was making the first Aids joke. I'm a little surprised it took (him) to page 2 :} In case not - aids are an option only kids. I'd be surprised (very) if any of the regulars used any of them.

ET and da Mav - in!

Playing career mode last night, I found you certainly don't need aids if you're driving the Lotus. Seems any talentless noob can mash the pedal to the metal in that car and not get into trouble. compared to the macca it's like driving with tc, cc, stability control, cctv, vtec, http, icbm and radar.

Is it on?, hmmm, yes, it certainly appears to be on, well then, let the trash talk continue.

Kikz, ya mother should have wrapped you in a sheet when you were born, taken you out the back, hung the sheet on the line before she took to it with a shotgun. She didn't and we are left with your sorry pathetic existance.

Flouncy, yes, yes it was. I thought I would inject this thread with some of my bogan humour. Cause I am so gosh darn funny.

Shake n Bake people.

Kikz, ya mother should have wrapped you in a sheet when you were born, taken you out the back, hung the sheet on the line before she took to it with a shotgun. She didn't and we are left with your sorry pathetic existance.

Your Mum is sure glad my mum didn't ;)

yeah, she does like her pet gimp.

Anyway, back to the racing. Should we maybe be advertising on other forums as well. That's how we got the ROM's.

Edited by Ghost05

Sounds interesting - It's been too long and I've been craving to play it again recently.

Would like to make myself available for the second round at this stage.

I'm busy this Sunday.

Just whack me in any old thing. Cheers.

Hey guys,

Registering interest! Available for:

Sunday 24rd Jul - Melbourne

Sunday 21st August - track TBA (let's discuss!)

Cheers!

Where's Lambo?

Only if you don't lubricate.

(I'm here all week, try the veal...)

Where's Lambo?

Was wondering that myself, shot him a message but alas he won't be joining us, taking a between season break... :{

Mega guide kikz. Had a good day yesterday, then?

haha. Yeah. just like today: nothing to do but wait for next week to start.

FWIW got up to 129th or something in the world standings for China. Looks like a pretty easy track but there are some corners where whole chunks of time can be made that I'm yet to master.

Edited by kikz

Interesting guide you did, too. Would it be fair to say the 1/2 sec advantage you showed in the McLaren was in part down to your better familiarity with it?

I love the McLaren and would be driving it in the champ if it weren't for your dibs :} Such a dynamic car. The Red Bull is a bit of 'good at everything', and has pretty neutral handling. I did love driving the Force India back in season 1, really nice feel, but horrid cockpit. Agree the Merc is both ugly and plain weird to drive.

As I've not done any of the single player championship I have no ideas about the lower cars.

For next season most likely will stay with what I know, the Red Bull. But if I like the feel of a lesser car may do that. We know (ghost has proven that) that 'equal' cars in online really are balanced, but there's still a bit of feel that keeps them individual.

I'm considering/open to switch out of the Mclaren if someone else wants a crack. Before S3 ended I finished started thinking about swapping to a lowly team. Happy to swap out of mclaren to red bull, or whatever. Would be interesting to run the same test in a multiplayer scenario.

Certianly driving the mclaren felt like 'home'. The cockpit position was where I am used to it, so the visibility was consistent, and the handling is familiar, as well as the wheel looks the same (not that that make much difference, but its easy to know if you're in wing 'up' or 'down' if you know what dial to look at).

I think tonight I'll go back and try the slower cars again just to make sure their times weren't slower because of less current practice at the track. heh If I had time I'd do it at each track too, to see if that made a difference to the pecking order.