Flouncy

[PC] F1 2010 special events

I've always sensed you 'wanted' the McLaren pretty passionately. All yours to keep, among us all I don't think anyone has anywhere near the love for their own chariot. Though I'm also feeling nicely at home in the Red Bull, happy to stay here.

I really will do a single player season or more in 2011, bit sad I never did that in 2010.

Certainly am a big mclaren fanboi. although for F1 shirt day today, I'm wearing a renault shirt circa 1996 (alonso). Yes, the friday before a race weekend is F1 shirt day for me :p

I expect doing a full season in champ mode (I'm doing 40%) is a good opportunity to learn the tracks a bit better, without the extra pressure/anxiety I get from racing real people (and wanting to beat them!). My hope is that'll help racecraft a bit too and make me generally more competitive over race distance for season 4.

Previously I've only done enough practice (never a race) on each track to get a good lap time, then rocked up for the atomic f1 races.

Edited by kikz

Where am I indeed....

I'm currently taking a sabbatical, cruising the Mediterranean with Kimi.

I'll see you all at Season 4.

Edited by Lambo

Guys, I probably won't make it to the race this weekend - going to be working all day both days and would likely end up divorced if I snub the missus and kids as soon as I get home on Sunday. Plus I'll be knackered.

Bummer, too, cos me and ET have put 3 or 4 hours into Melbourne so far.

Tell the missus that you have made a comitment to some random people on the internet and you need to keep it. I'm sure she would understand, Geez.

Yeah. Maybe if you let her bring you drinks and snack food during the race... You know, involve her.

Guys, I probably won't make it to the race this weekend - going to be working all day both days and would likely end up divorced if I snub the missus and kids as soon as I get home on Sunday. Plus I'll be knackered.

Bummer, too, cos me and ET have put 3 or 4 hours into Melbourne so far.

If you care at all about our friendship, you'll be there Mav! No pressure :p

I do agree in that Virgin is the lowest out of the tier 4 teams. A lot of understeer and lack of stability. When I moved onto Toro Rosso, that was a big jump in comparison to Virgin. Oddly, Renault and Williams was pretty crap in comparison to the Tier 2 teams. Renault had no power but good corner speed, Williams has better speed but shit handling for a midfield.

Let's see how F1 2011 will take on...

Hey guys,

Registering interest! Available for:

Sunday 24rd Jul - Melbourne

Sunday 21st August - track TBA (let's discuss!)

Cheers!

Hey Raul - add me ('Flouncy') as a friend in GFWL, be in the game a bit before 7 and you'll get an invite from me.

Though not essential, you'll want a mic.

Yeah. Maybe if you let her bring you drinks and snack food during the race... You know, involve her.

yeah.

Last time I tried this advice I ended up with no internet for a month :(

Hey Raul - add me ('Flouncy') as a friend in GFWL, be in the game a bit before 7 and you'll get an invite from me.

Was fiddling with some settings and then game wouldn't start - tried deleting the config.xml files, no work and then had the bright idea of reinstalling from steam - -'.. estimated time is 3 hours. Failed..

Will be online if I can get it up by then! Sorry :(

Was fiddling with some settings and then game wouldn't start - tried deleting the config.xml files, no work and then had the bright idea of reinstalling from steam - -'.. estimated time is 3 hours. Failed..

Will be online if I can get it up by then! Sorry :(

Might be faster to go back to a restore point raul. That only takes 15min or so.

I might be a little bit late. ATM, I'm getting through some work and cooking dinner. Taking work home isn't the best of ideas. :(

I might be a little bit late. ATM, I'm getting through some work and cooking dinner. Taking work home isn't the best of ideas. :(

How long should we wait?

I tried a bit of practice before and just was not to up it, too stuffed tonight.

Don't think I am up too a 100%'er tonight, I think I will start the race, give it a good burl for the first half of the race and hand it over to my teammate to hop into the car and finish the race. Who knows what he will get up too but he usually doesn't leave a car roadworthy after a race.

Edited by Ghost05

How long should we wait?

Unfortunately, parents barged in unannounced so that means I need to get dinner for them. So that means I'm possibly out. If I'm not in by 7:30pm, then count me as out.

Where would I get the milk out of a bull? And it being Red I assume it's mad, good luck getting milk out of a mad bull.

Sorry guys but I'm out no thanks to parents. Their insistence in having a 'family' time is pissing me off.

EDIT: I might be able to get away. So far, parents are willing to let me go, only after I finish dinner at the table. Fingers crossed... ><

Edited by sora3

Nice work guys (except you stupid AI cars I hate you Alonzo!!!)

The vid is 7.8gig for the whole race :) Will take some editing, lol.