Flouncy

[PC] F1 2010 special events

well I was second for the first 1.5 seconds before Alonso pushed me into the kitty litter.

And the rest is history...

Thanks guys and well done Ben.

Edited by Mac Dude

Good close racing in the first stint with ghosty and again at the end with kikz. Can't believe I fucked up twice with the tires... 3 times actually, when I finally got it right with slicks I took options, meant to get primes. Worked out.

Loved the distance!

good fun. had my initially quali sorted out. I qualied on primes and was going to run my stint on those. rain nullified that.

first few laps was fun. et rom was doing well and I wasn't catching. I slipped and spun. got back ok behind ghost. pitted on lap 11 I think. as soon as the track started drying. preselected options, cause I'm clever like that :p and have a macro button for tyre select :p redded my wing a few laps later but I could still do sub 1:30 laps so I stayed out until I needed to pit. pitted again when flouncy was in front and ghost behind. threw on options again to bring it home for the last 24 laps or so. they were orange by the end.

maintained and pulled out a gap over flouncy from 4s out to 11s when he said he and ghost were chasing me. lost time behind lapped cars brought it back to 8 then worked it out to 10 I think, before slipping. Then flouncy was catching way too fast for me to be able to respond, my tyres were yellow and fading.

uploading the vid now, done in 3 hours :p

Yeah good racing everyone tonight, Fredz you had some good speed, you too ET.

Nice close racing throughout the whole race, had a good battle with Flouncy during the first half, pitted behind Flouncy and as we were leaving I hear him say he forgot to change to the right tyre, I noticed I was the same. Pitted the next lap again behind Flouncy and went out on primes. Hear him say as he is coming out that he picked the wrong tyre again and followed him for another lap until he pitted for a third time. Caught up to kikz at arounf lap 25 and went at it with him until he spun ahead of me on lap 32, I was having fun racing him so I slowed down and let him go ahead again and continued. He spun coming out of the next corner and Flouncy screamed on through. Had a good tassle with kikz and Flouncy when Floucny and I decided to wait for kikz to catch up again. Then kikz pitted and I just went about racing with Flouncy. Suddenly I notice he is going into pits, my tyres are still perfect but I didn't want to keep racing on alone, we were having so much fun. So I pitted behind him again and we came out chasing down kikz. Flouncy left me for a while there, getting to 11 seconds in front so I practically gave up with ten laps to go. But since I did the next couple of laps pretty nicely I decided I should try and noticed I was gaining on Flouncy at an alarming rate. Last 2 laps and I was 6 seconds behind him as he was chasing down kikz. I came around the fast S on the back straight to see two cars in front going relatively slow, not knowing who they were I tried to go around them and as their names came up I was shocked. Flouncy and kikz. This made me forget where I was on the track and I put the car into the bunker with kikz. Sorry kikz. We came out and spent the last 2 laps pretty all close.

Nice racing guys, My ass hurts, I need a more comfortable chair for these long races.

Edit: Best move of the night, Mac Dude coming out of the pits and taking out an AI driver who was giving me the shits in front of me. Good move buddy, any time you want a teammate you let me know.

Edited by Ghost05

How long did it go on for?

About an hour and forty-five minutes for the 100% race with no qualifying.

It was good racing overall. Sorry to Ghost and others that I clobbered in the rear. It was an extremely tough race as my preset were all reset after the new career mode. I tried to set as much as I can from memory before the 30 secs were up. But crucially, I wasn't able to set the camber for the tyres. The start was rather average as I put too much revs and slightly bogged it at the start. Heading into the first corner and I locked up badly and nearly speared into Ghost and Alonso AI. I struggled to get the grips with the wet and clobbered Fredz hard in the rear. That earned me a drive through penalty. I ditched the intermediates for a new set and it was off to get racing.

The rain cleared and I pitted in just a little earlier than I thought in order to take advantage of the drying track. I pumped out hard laps and was chewing time out of ET which I was catching down to 16 secs. However, spins and a twitchy rear end didn't help out and a big spin which nearly took out Macdude was a big problem. Eventually, settled down in 6th and 2 laps down. Though it was 6th, it wasn't look that bad in comparison as this was my first 100% where I wasn't down by a lot of laps. :P

heh ghost, I saw you were waiting so I fucked around for a bit as flouncy closed. in my fucking around I dropped it :)

also played with fredz for a few corners, ultimately running him off the track (ie I was in teh inside and I just drove to teh outside and pushed him off into the grass). sorry dude, u were lapped anyway :p

Edited by kikz

Ha ha, just turned onto tv and started watching the race, didn't know where they were racing and was trying to figure it out from our F1 2010, then after a couple of laps I was still stumped and they finally said Nurburgring. no wonder I couldn't figure it out.

Anyway, Got 3 replays,

First is the starting the rain and the battle with FLouncy

Second is the batte with kikz

The third is the battle with Flouncy again and the ending.

Anyway, back to the race.

Gah my 1.06GB upload failed. Looks like I'll have to break it up....

When I went to bed it had 20 mins left too!

Edited by kikz

I uploaded 3 x 400 MB files. They take around 180 minutes each to upload. The final one was uploading when I left to go to work and it had 2 hours to go. I often have my uploads fail, luckily I do them at night and it doesn't affect me at all, I just upload them again.

Stuff trying to upload a 1GB file.

also played with fredz for a few corners, ultimately running him off the track (ie I was in teh inside and I just drove to teh outside and pushed him off into the grass). sorry dude, u were lapped anyway :p

I know... only 4 laps down at the end tho :)

annoyed that I was only able to get a 1:33, was hoping for a lower fastest lap.. ahh well, atleast I was being a bit consistant.. Still want to know what lap times roxa was getting..

I know... only 4 laps down at the end tho :)

annoyed that I was only able to get a 1:33, was hoping for a lower fastest lap.. ahh well, atleast I was being a bit consistant.. Still want to know what lap times roxa was getting..

On the wets, I was averaging about 1:34. When the dry came out, I was pumping out 1:31 and 1:30. The spins didn't help out, otherwise I would have caught up to ET.

Edited by sora3

Just loved the vids, cheers for the trouble ghostie.

So we're so sweet at head to tail racing. Lovely to watch. Hardly any mistakes. I did give kikz several love taps through the last few laps just to remind him I was there. Nice to see ghost's last lap when he's totally gunning it too.

Looking forward to Suzuka!

hah look at the crazy fuck on turn 1 lap 1 taking everyone off!

I've not seen someone flash and jump around as bad as me on those vids of yours Ghosts. Everything looks fine from my end.

haha love that bit at 11:30 on vid 2.

Edited by kikz

yeah, I remember thinking at that time "what the hell, I gave him enough fucking room to go around, fucken idiot". Then you spun out on the next corner I thought maybe the hit you gave me damaged your wing.

I think the juttery stuttery cars on my computer is from my piss poor internet connection. Usually it is you and Fredz that jumps around all over the place on my screen. Probably the reason I asked you what you were doing at Budapest that time, just lag.

yeah, I remember thinking at that time "what the hell, I gave him enough fucking room to go around, fucken idiot". Then you spun out on the next corner I thought maybe the hit you gave me damaged your wing.

haha at the 11:30 bit? Nah I figured you were slowing down to let me by, so I slowed down to let you continue. Then you didn't so I took off again. I don't recall any contact tho. vid looks like I ran clean up your exhaust pipe. All I can think is the lack of front wing caused me to spin on that turn after I went past.

I think the juttery stuttery cars on my computer is from my piss poor internet connection. Usually it is you and Fredz that jumps around all over the place on my screen. Probably the reason I asked you what you were doing at Budapest that time, just lag.

Ah yeah figures and possible explains the lack of voice 2 u, either WLFG drops it because of rubbish latency or you've muted me :p

Edited by kikz

WTH happened at 3:30 there kikz, Need to go to the toilet or something? Just paused the game and came back when you finished?

Also I could not race as close to you guys if I was in cockpit view. It seems much harder to judge distances to the net car. Nice drive kikz

Ha I was hitting buttons on my wheel trying to turn off recording. recording toggle is bottom right on the G27, pause is bottom-left. Left and Right still confuses me :p Wouldn't be the first time I've done that in-game.

e: oh and I think sony vegas platinum HD is the software of choice. seems to be the only one that works (of the various I've tried).

Edited by kikz

Good vid kikz. Some nice machinery noise too. Really adds to the effect. You didn't get the last few laps?

Edited by Flouncy