Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Flouncy

[PC] F1 2010 special events

Fingers crossed I can make this

Even without driving Suzuka in F1 2010 (I have in other games such as Gran Turismo 4...), I feel I will be at my usual performance level; keeping up with Mac Dude sometimes, and spinning off lots :P

Edited by nobody813

Even without driving Suzuka in F1 2010 (I have in other games such as Gran Turismo 4...), I feel I will be at my usual performance level; keeping up with Mac Dude sometimes, and spinning off lots :P

Heh I've been thrashing suzuka in my Skip Barber 2000 :), iracing style.

it's a tough trak IMO. Lots of interest, and would be impossible in the wet. I might try that tonight...

it's a tough trak IMO. Lots of interest, and would be impossible in the wet. I might try that tonight...

Not impossible but you just need to be a lot more careful. Especially the first corner as it is a gentle right before another tight right. So many offs during the wets...

EDIT: For us rookies, you'll probably be off at S curves, Degner curve and as well as the Hairpin. Spoon is rather hard as well as it is a double corner in one so miss the apex and you'll be going wide.

Edited by sora3

The track surface actually provides pretty decent traction in the wet at Suzuka. Much better than some of the other slippery concrete tracks. Like Valencia. And the nice gentle radius of most corners means there's less chance of locking up the brakes.

Ya pussies.

The track surface actually provides pretty decent traction in the wet at Suzuka. Much better than some of the other slippery concrete tracks. Like Valencia. And the nice gentle radius of most corners means there's less chance of locking up the brakes.

Ya pussies.

I'll let my right foot do the talking come Sunday. behold the powa!

More like 'here comes the biff and shove'...

More like 'here comes the biff and shove'...

If you've met me physically, you'd understand that when I am involved, there is no other mode of operation :p Evidence: turn 1 lap 1 melbourne last race, on your good self :p

Suzuka was nice when we did it in the championship. Started out in the rain if I recall.

There is only a couple of corners I do not like. Turn 4, turn 9 and The Spoon(as well as the final chicane as Flouncy noticed).

-Turn 4 I just cannot get the apex right and have trouble with choosing a gear.

-Turn 9 is just a trap with its sand on the exit.

-The Spoon feels like I take it way too slow but any faster and I come off the track.

The corners that I like are turn 1-2, turn 8 and turn 15.

-Turn 1-2 is such a nice long corner, I just floor it down the straight and shift down 2 gears just before the start of turn 1 then drop another two gears before the apex of 2.

-Turn 8 is a blind fast corner, you can cut it pretty well.

-Turn 15, well, a full speed corner like that is just so fun.

Good luck for this race fellas.

So looking forward to this race on Sunday. I think I finished 3rd in our race a couple of months ago. I've been practicing a bit with my one good eye which has been rather difficult. I went back to the doc this arvo and had the contact bandage taken out. I thought it was making my vision blurry. It turns out its my eye, not the contact bandage. I wont have clear vision for another week or so which is going to suck ass.

I tell you what, everyone in front of me on the start grid crash on turn1 and leave a path for me to take the lead again. K, thx.

:)

Edited by et_rom

I like a track where you're constantly modulating your speed, while maintaining good velocity through multiple apex turns but shifting and decelerating down at precise points as you go, then up again progressively, all while living in the lovely 3-4th gear band.

Suzuka is made of this.

In contrast, a stop-start track - like Abu Dhabi, is all about exact braking points bringing the car to a near-halt, then getting on it again for a straight.

Canada is an odd in-between example of mostly high speed straights, lift and down, then bam it into the next straight. I don't really enjoy Canada or Adbu - or tracks like it. I need to spend more time practicing those sort of tracks before a race to get the braking points drilled into my head perfectly. It's very mechanical. In contrast, if you're Zen with the car you can just hit the track at places like Suzuka and instantly be grooving with the flow.

I do enjoy tracks with lovely flowing elastic bends. Sepang is similar to Suzuka in this respect. So is Hungary.

They're just so much fun to drive, you can drive them precisely if needed, exacting the line and staying off the curbs to manage tires. Or, you can go wild and fang it to buggery, letting it hang out and be a bit wild and reckless, say if you're chasing someone down - and your times don't really suffer.

I owe ET for pinching my podium last time - held him out all race only to make a bad decision on tyres and copping a blowout with 4 or 5 laps to go. We're gonna keep practising and see if we can be competitive this weekend. Watch our for the ROMs!

Out of interest, what sort of times are people getting (with race-condition settings)?

I haven't practiced it at all either.

I just did a brilliant lap in my head and my time was 1:34.9

I tried some practice laps in my head last night, but I'd been drinking beer so the car kept coming off the track. Also, it was raining in my head.

Rain? is that all?

I had evil zombie clowns thowing their pet monkey's shit at me from the stadium while it was hailing and a volcano was erupting in the distance.

Rain? is that all?

I had evil zombie clowns thowing their pet monkey's shit at me from the stadium while it was hailing and a volcano was erupting in the distance.

So i take it you were on acid ......and drinking?

I just plonked my 32''tv on my desk and got a 1:35.65...

im also interested what sort of times everyone else is geting ...

iv only played 4-5 hrs all up on 2 tracks and im not that good but i hoping to get a few more hrs practice in before sunday

iv only played 4-5 hrs all up on 2 tracks and im not that good but i hoping to get a few more hrs practice in before sunday

http://atomicf1.com/statistics and http://atomicf1.com/results and http://atomicf1.com/circuits/suzuka may be of use.

http://atomicf1.com/statistics and http://atomicf1.com/results and http://atomicf1.com/circuits/suzuka may be of use.

that 3rd link is the one

most interesting thank you sir :)

He really should charge for that service...

implementing pay pal this weekend :p j/k

i should drop a couple of ads up in there.

must stop iracing and put up more content... can't stop iracing.... :D so many series to practice

Very good time there mate

I reckon I'll be lucky to get under the 2 minute mark

Just for something, I may use some of the driving aids. Just to show that having those won't make you the best :-P

My net has capped, and the new quota thingy comes on Sunday, so hopefully all will be well by then