Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Flouncy

[PC] F1 2010 special events

We've wrapped the most recent season of the ongoing F1 2010 (soon to be F1 2011) full-season championship. Now it's time for a bit of fun.

All are welcome to join in these one-off races! You don't have to be super-skilled, just able to drive safely. Many of our season regulars will be there, and we have room on the grid for those who have the game but for whatever reason weren't able to compete in the championship.

What's 'special' about these, then? 100% race distance!

Anything else? No restrictions on driver aids!

Race details:

7pm start on the scheduled Sunday nights. Be online a few minutes before 7 and you'll be invited.

All cars are set to equal performance - so it doesn't matter what car you end up with.

We start with a Qualifying session, then to race.

Damage is on. Tire wear and fuel use is on. Racing rules are on. Weather is set to dynamic.

The calendar:

Sunday 24rd Jul - Melbourne

Sunday 7th Aug - Suzuka

Sunday 21st August - Istanbul

The grid:

F1 2010 supports 12 players. The number 'regulars' from the F1 2010 championship vary, some races only half a dozen have turned up, while I think the record is about 10. So! There's a few slots available, and not all the regulars will make all events so post now if you're keen!

Your car:

We can't guarantee which car you'll get at this stage, the regulars will likely be racing their preferred cars as follows (but remember all cars are equal so it doesn't actually matter - and not all will be at all races so the car you get is a bit of a lucky dip):

Lotus - Ghost

McLaren - kikz

Red Bull - Flouncy

Mercedes - ET

Ferrari - Maverick

Williams - Nobody813

HRT - Mac Dude

Toro Rosso - Fredzfrog

Sauber - bobaj0r

Virgin - sora

Please indicate if you're 100% gonna be racing, and which events (that goes for everyone!). I'll keep the OP updated with race details and the grid. Please advise if you have to drop out before an event.

Quality Atomic F1 2010 info at kikz'z very cool site. And Lambo's official site which is currently down due to machine failure.

Any questions - shoot!

e: CONFIRMED RACERS:

- note that a guaranteed spot will be given to those who say they're definitely in - if we're over-subscribed preference will be given to those who gave a firm commitment.

Sunday 24th Jul - Melbourne

kikz - McLaren

Flouncy - Red Bull

Ghost05 - Lotus

Mac Dude - HRT

Fredzfrog - Torro Rosso

sora3 - Virgin

ET - Mercedes

Raul

RESULTS

1st - Kubica (AI)

2nd - Alonso (AI)

3rd - Flouncy

4th - Ghost

5th - kikz

6th - ET

7th - sora

8th - Fredz

Sunday 7th Aug - Suzuka

kikz - McLaren

Flouncy - Red Bull

Ghost05 - Lotus

Mac Dude - HRT (90% likely TBC)

Fredzfrog - Torro Rosso

nobody813 - Williams ("most likely")

Maverick - Ferrari

ET - Mercedes

Bushi

st8smn (TBC)

RESULTS

1st - Flouncy

2nd - Maverick

3rd - Ghost

4th - nobody

5th - bushi

6th - Mac Dude

7th - lemaster

8th - kikz

DNF - ET, st8tsman

Sunday 21st August - Istanbul (not Constantinople)

kikz - McLaren

Flouncy - Red Bull

Ghost05 - Lotus

Mac Dude - HRT (90% likely TBC)

Fredzfrog - Torro Rosso

nobody813 - Williams ("most likely")

Maverick - Ferrari

ET - Mercedes

Raul

RESULTS

1st ET ROM

2nd Flouncy

3rd Sora

4th nobody

5th Mac Dude

5th Fredz

6th (DNF) st8tsman

Edited by Flouncy

hands off the mcLaren. it's mine! :) I'm up for this.

I even spent 20 minutes at suzuka last night. 1:35.8 on primes in practice on bog standard setup. 0.3 seconds behind Ghosts P2 quali time from season 3.... :) Got NFI how I'm going to get down into the 1:33's though. Must try quali and work on a setup...

Questions? What is your (flouncy) suzuka setup and can you show me your exact line, preferrably via many laps recorded on FRAPS :p

EDIT as 21 august is my birthday, I vote whatever race we do is the one I'm most likely to win :p

FWIW record is 11, twice (season 1 and sesaon 3) :p

for the non championship regulars and those not familiar with my site, there's a bunch of guides that will help you get up to speed, as well as many tracks have track guides and car setups, and some (ever increasing number) have videos of me taking a decent line.

http://atomicf1.com/guides

http://atomicf1.com/circuits

Edited by kikz

hands off the mcLaren. it's mine! :) I'm up for this.

Questions? What is your (flouncy) suzuka setup and can you show me your exact line, preferrably via many laps recorded on FRAPS :p

You're in. As for Suzuka setup, I usually deploy a well rounded configuration package that offers tractable mid-speed cornering aero with a high flow wing to ensure straightline speed, while keeping an optimally asymmetrical ballast distribution that's offset by an opposingly weighted complimentary brake bias. I also like a bit of body roll in Japan.

I'll get back to you later this week, regarding whether I can do this weeks race or not :P

Too soon to put you down for the following 2 rounds?

I'll get back to you later this week, regarding whether I can do this weeks race or not :P

Too soon to put you down for the following 2 rounds?

I have a few reports to do this week, one of which is due on Monday the 25th

BTW the 1st Sunday date is wrong, should be the 24th

Fredzfrog red bull? been called up to the grade 1 team, ay?

:P

does that mean you'll be giving me some pointers then flouncy? :P

Roger that boba, let us know when you can. And ta - date now fixed.

Fredz -- oops, cars fixed. So are you able to lock yourself in for any of the races?

Roger that boba, let us know when you can.

hah didn't think I had posted in this thread yet but 99.9% sure I won't be able to do this sunday. will be in hospital if nothing happens this week

hah didn't think I had posted in this thread yet but 99.9% sure I won't be able to do this sunday. will be in hospital if nothing happens this week

laptop and keyboard. good enough for fredz :p

Sorry - meant nobody :} Good luck with it all anyway. Reckon you'll be in for the other two?

I wouldn't be caught dead racing with the likes of you lot. All the stories of the barging and ramming and.....oh wait, that was me.....

Nevermind, as I was saying, I'm in.

My car just got a seat upgrade that needs to be tested out fully. It allows me to feel every little slap and tickle from you baboon wrangling hippo's.

Edited by Ghost05

I wouldn't be caught dead racing with the likes of you lot. All the stories of the barging and ramming and.....oh wait, that was me.....

Nevermind, as I was saying, I'm in.

My car just got a seat upgrade that needs to be tested out fully. It allows me to feel every little slap and tickle from you baboon wrangling hippo's.

Added Ghost and his crew of pit lane baboons.

Im 100% in for Sunday the 24th :)

I'm 90% for the others but will report back in next week...

Im 100% in for Sunday the 24th :)

I'm 90% for the others but will report back in next week...

Excellent. Home town race for you - the fans have huge expectations.

i'm in :)

All 3?

Put me down as most likely for all races, with the first race being a possibility

I see no reason why I shouldn't make the other 2 at the moment

Put me down as most likely for all races, with the first race being a possibility

Cool, you're down.

I also added this note to the OP as it seems fit: - "note that a guaranteed spot will be given to those who say they're definitely in - if we're over-subscribed preference will be given to those who gave a firm commitment."

I'll be in for the Melbourne race. Definitely out of the other two though.

no restriction on driver aids?

So each individual can choose traction control, etc? I'm curious why you decided to move away from the 'standard' Sunday night settings. No complaints, just curious :)

Cool, you're down.

I also added this note to the OP as it seems fit: - "note that a guaranteed spot will be given to those who say they're definitely in - if we're over-subscribed preference will be given to those who gave a firm commitment."

Excellent, and I agree with the last bit. I don't wanna "take" a spot when I'm not there

I guess a few reasons Macca -

It opens up the prospect of new racers who may only be comfy with aids on.

It then encourages them later on to join our 2011 series when they realise how much fun it is :} But of course to learn proper driving between now and then.

It'll hopefully make for some closer, funner racing, as the less skilled won't come off as often.

It will prove that a car driven with no aids will be significantly faster than one with :}

It lets Ghost use the track marker in case he forgets which way to go.

In other words orientation for the 2011 season, and everyone gets a free lolly bag :-)

Be good to have more entrants