Sign in to follow this  
NukeJockey

[ALL] Driver: San Francisco

Driver: San Francisco is an upcoming sandbox-style action driving video game developed by Ubisoft Reflections, and it will be published by Ubisoft. The game formally was unveiled at E3 2010 and is scheduled for release in North America on August 30, 2011[4] and in Europe on September 2, 2011[5] on Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo 3DS[3] and the OnLive[7] system.[7][8] A separate Wii version is also in the works

Plot

The game takes place a few months after the events of Driv3r. It is revealed that both Tanner and Jericho survived the shootout in Istanbul. In the game's trailer, it is revealed that since then, both men have recovered and Jericho has escaped to San Francisco, while Tanner has pursued him there. Jericho is shown being transported in the back of a prison truck, but manages to escape with a vial of acid hidden within his mouth by a paid off guard. He overpowers the guards, and hijacks the truck. Tanner and Tobias witness this from Tanner's car, pursuing Jericho as he causes havoc on the streets of the city. Tanner ends up in front of Jericho in an alleyway, and gets pushed in front of a tractor trailer. A hard crash occurs, putting him into a coma. The game will take place in Tanner's coma dream

So, I'm planning on pre-ordering on steam on Monday, before the game gets pricejacked (as seems to be the fashion lately)

Anyone else planning on grabbing it? Apparantly the multiplayer is supposed to be great fun.

Looks pretty good, but I haven't played any Driver games since one of the older ones on PlayStation

Might get it when the price comes down eventually

Nope, especially with Ubisoft's track record of making driver games.

If it does turn out to be a good game, I might get it (like 6 months after release).

Yeah, played the shit out of all the Driver games, and this one looks fun.

Bought it on Steam the other day. :)

If it does turn out to be a good game, I might get it (like 6 months after release).

Its made by Ubisoft reflections, which is the team that did the original driver and with the exception of the possession thing, it sounds like theyre going back to basics, no running around shooting shit, just awesome driving action.

Its made by Ubisoft reflections, which is the team that did the original driver and with the exception of the possession thing, it sounds like theyre going back to basics, no running around shooting shit, just awesome driving action.

Yah, the same people responsible for Driv3r and parallel lines, which were not good games (worth their original RRP)

I quite liked the driving in both of those titles, it was the running and shooting that was a let down, guess this is one franchise that didnt need/want to evolve.

I preordered it this morning.

The multiplayer should be pretty good. I had fun messing around with other Atomicans in GTA.