SoaS

Kogan TV's

I'm not sure about component cables, I'm guessing the Stereo uses RCA input or something though? If so just grab some cheapies (white and red) and if the dvd only has component (hopefully thats not RCA too, because it will look horrible on a FullHD screen) then grab some from jaycar or dick smith or something, unlike HDMI the quality of the component cables can matter, but having said that, don't pay out the ass for them.

I'm not sure about component cables, I'm guessing the Stereo uses RCA input or something though? If so just grab some cheapies (white and red) and if the dvd only has component (hopefully thats not RCA too, because it will look horrible on a FullHD screen) then grab some from jaycar or dick smith or something, unlike HDMI the quality of the component cables can matter, but having said that, don't pay out the ass for them.

Sorry should of said that she has a LG DVD+VCR combo player that she wants to use. I've already told her that its not going to look that great but she's not looking to use anything else for awhile yet. No HDMI on it so thats a no go. So possible to get the best quality it has to offer I'm after some cheap, yet decent component cables.

I'm also in the market for some shielded RCA stereo cables myself to use with some headphone amps I've been collecting, hoping someone can point me somewhere online so I can just order the lot.

I think the TV software is where they save some money.

I have a Senzu 37" television, its a JB HiFi brand I think and it uses the same software as a Soniq telly

If you open the back and confirm that, you can phone Soniq and ask for their latest firmware. It usually adds some significant improvements.

Soniq are another mob I know who offer multiple firmware emailed to you if you dont like a default setting. I must say its the nicest feature of a 'cheap TV', it almost feels open source :P

I think the TV software is where they save some money.

I have a Senzu 37" television, its a JB HiFi brand I think and it uses the same software as a Soniq telly

If you open the back and confirm that, you can phone Soniq and ask for their latest firmware. It usually adds some significant improvements.

Soniq are another mob I know who offer multiple firmware emailed to you if you dont like a default setting. I must say its the nicest feature of a 'cheap TV', it almost feels open source :P

I know for a fact that it is the same software, as when I was at ozmodchips getting my wii modded they had a senzu TV and the menu was exactly the same.

I'm surprised they wouldn't just put their firmware updates on their website or something though, its as simple as putting it on a USB stick and plugging it in isnt it?

This is the one I got here

Yep, USB stick, plug in, usually activate the factory reset option.

If its a popular one, ive even seen custom firmwares floating around. Go figure.

Quick google of Senzu LD3700 firmware upgrade doesn't give me any results relating to the firmware, however I shot an email off to support, so I'll see where that gets me.

*EDIT* Just found out my TV can do digital audio passthrough, have my Z5500Ds plugged into my TV via optical and the 360 plugged in via HDMI and I get 5.1 sound, booyah.

Edited by NukeJockey

my mate has a hisense and he had it die on him about 12 months in but they sent him a new tv... cant really complain about that!