_kapone_

A Song of Ice and Fire

Given the George RR Martin hysteria that's overtaking the world now that we have Game Of Thrones the TV series, and GRRM finally got A Dance With Dragons out the door, I assume that I'm not the only person wishing for a 'perfect' A Song Of Ice And Fire game.

Now we have Cyanide developing an RTS, A Game Of Thones: Genesis, but I'm honestly dubious of what the end result will be.

So tell me, what would your perfect GRRM game be?

For myself, give me Morrowind meets Deus Ex with Skyrim visuals. The events would cover the lead up to Robert Baratheon taking to the Iron Throne, and there would be no one main character, instead you'd play several characters, some of whom would interact while others would fleetingly pass each other both (much like the characters in the books themselves). The characters would allow you to experience a variety of roles, including a Black Brother of the Nights Watch, a Targaryen, a Knight of the Kingsguard, a Stark, a Lannister, a Tyrell, a Maester, a mercenary, a hedge knight, a Greyjoy, a Baratheon and a Bravosi assassin.

The game would be an open world RPG where you could wander off from the main quest at anytime to explore or complete side quests.

To be honest, I think given the source material and the politic and armies involved, something like heroes of might and magic, or total war would be necessary.

Yea it depend son the scope, if you are happy playing 1 person or lead 1 faction through the world you could narrow the scope of the world and have it play like Gothic or the Witcher, but if you want it to encompass everything, something like Seven Kingdoms, Civ, Total war series would be more fitting.

The actual game itself is coming out late this year, maybe early next year its a strategy game that spans 1000 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Game_of_Thrones:_Genesis

I haven't read the books or seen all of the TV show yet, but it seems like a really cool world, so maybe just an RPG based in the world where you play a random character would be kinda cool.

Game of Thrones - Whorehouse Sim for me thanks.

Catering to Tyrion Lannister's tastes would be fun!

Edited by TheMojorising

Game of Thrones - Whorehouse Sim for me thanks.

Catering to Tyrion Lannister's tastes would be fun!

The incest. Oh god, the incest.

Think of the children.

Argh, I'm thinking of the children!

As much as an MMO would be good, I fear that anything gets overshadowed by WoW and will die a slow death.

I'd prefer to see a good solid single player RPG with added multi elements.

I really like my single player RPGs to be open ended. Have an overall quest, but make it a vague one... like a game for the throne perhaps?

That lets players quest etc. but gives them a more strategesque overall goal, rather than slaying monsters who are coming through oblivion gates etc..

As much as an MMO would be good, I fear that anything gets overshadowed by WoW and will die a slow death.

There are plenty of sustainable MMO's on the market that aren't wow the problem is when MMOs come out trying too much to be like wow but aren't wow.. MMO devs need to take more risks and explore different aspects of gaming and be their own success not a mirror of other successors they can never be.

I doubt it would work as a computer game. It's fine for TV, but nobody wants to see smut and debauchery when they're on the computer.

The oldies here will recognise this one and it is what I thought of when I heard they Ninja'd the title "Fire and Ice"