Man-O-Man...this is the first comment I made, how can you not understand?!

"The last place I owned, I had Optus cable and I also had Foxtel. So pretty sure I could have selected my cable internet provider. Granted, I would have to pony for a connection fee, but the choice was there."

I need a stiff drink. Poured straight through my ear into my brain.

People need to be banned from using emote only responses.

Posted Image

HAHAHAHAH

Clearly, quite difficult...

Im sorry if i'm the only one who read it this way; but your wording (to me) makes it sound like you're saying you had Optus internet over the foxtel cable.

Which, unless things have changed, I was under the impression was not possible. It wasnt clear that you have both networks in your house at once (which with your latest post, sounds like thats the case). Austar is another story.

No need to have an anurism, take a nap!

You were, his wording was clearer than some of your explanation posts.

People need to be banned from using emote only responses.

Posted Image

HAHAHAHAH

+1 :P

Clearly, quite difficult...

Im sorry if i'm the only one who read it this way; but your wording (to me) makes it sound like you're saying you had Optus internet over the foxtel cable.

Which, unless things have changed, I was under the impression was not possible. It wasnt clear that you have both networks in your house at once (which with your latest post, sounds like thats the case). Austar is another story.

No need to have an anurism, take a nap!

You were, his wording was clearer than some of your explanation posts.

Fair enough. Contextually I disagree, but, meh.

I had a choice here.

1. Activate a new Telstra cable service (including installing a new point) - $79

2. have a new phone line installed - $299 + whatever a new ADSL service costs.

initially, the Telstra cable plans were really bad, but now they've dropped the price, upped the quotas and speeds, I'm happy to stay on cable. They could do better though.

well the best telstra can offer me is...

cable 5GB data/month + landline phone =$78

cable 200GB data/month + landline phone = $88

cable 200GB data/month = $99.95

cable 50GB data/month = $79.95

the landline bundle prices are inclusive of the phone line rental. i don't understand how it can be cheaper than standalone cable... but whatever, it's all pretty expensive. plus i might incur a $299 connection fee if a landline isn't already connected (and they couldn't tell me whether one was or not).

i might just go adsl2+, it turns out i'm only about 300-400m from the exchange!

I'll also point out that if it is recent, it's entirely likely that it's just a standard Antenna attached to that.

With a very common issue lately for "Digital Reception" being the poor quality of connection in your standard belling-lee plug/sockets, more installers are opting to us F type connectors to eliminate that potential problem.

You'll even see F connectors on many digital set top boxes for the input.

So..

For an answer.

If you're not sure, follow the cable. If it goes to a satellite, it's for satellite. If it goes to an antenna, it's for your TV antenna. If it goes off into the wild-blue-yonder, it's 'cable'.

AD

If it goes off into the wild-blue-yonder, it's 'cable'.

AD

or a Grey Wall Box...

I'll also point out that if it is recent, it's entirely likely that it's just a standard Antenna attached to that.

Highly unlikely, however, that an installer would use a Telstra branded wallplate for a FTA antenna.

It could be for a satellite dish, potentially for a satellite dish that's since been removed.