Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
elfinke

3DS *bomba* price drop!

To go with Nintendo reporting their first ever quarterly loss, they have announced a 40% price drop from the 3DS system worldwide.

http://www.vooks.net/story-20327-Nintendo-...a-included.html

Nintendo has just announced a massive worldwide price reduction in the Nintendo 3DS. From August 12th in Australia (other regions see below) the Nintendo 3DS will drop a massive $100AU to the new price of $249.95.

The system will receive price drops in other regions from different dates including Japan on August 11 with a drop from 25,000 Yen to 15,000 Yen. North America from $249 to $169.95 on August 12th. Details for Europe have yet to be announced but we expect those details soon.

If the Aussie dollar stays as strong as it is, I think I will be importing a US one with OoT and Mario Kart come September.

Jsut in time for Christmas, I will only be getting one once I see the quality of the MGS game coming out next year.

Funny the price drop announcement was expected at E3 to answer PSVita, given that the 3DS hasn't sold too well it was bound to happen.

Jsut in time for Christmas, I will only be getting one once I see the quality of the MGS game coming out next year.

Funny the price drop announcement was expected at E3 to answer PSVita, given that the 3DS hasn't sold too well it was bound to happen.

Urgh, the more Konami show of it the worse and less appealing it looks, especially with the HD remakes and the inevitable Vita ports they'll receive on the way.

Yea I was thinking the HD remakes will be better also dual analogue sticks > 1.

That price is slightly more attractive, although I want a PS Vita and I doubt I'll be allowed to get both.

Yeah that's a sad truth for me too.

That price is slightly more attractive, although I want a PS Vita and I doubt I'll be allowed to get both.

i wont be able to afford both....

PS vita it is for is methinks...

Come to think of it, the vita seems more superior than the 3DS.....

Unless anyone can prove otherwise.

Come to think of it, the vita seems more superior than the 3DS.....

Unless anyone can prove otherwise.

Hardware wise and early title lists leave the 3DS for dead (subjectively speaking). However, by the time Vita lands, the 3DS will finally have a decent lineup - Mario and Mario Kart, Lylat Wars, Cave Story, Layton vs AA. Of course, a similarly awesome list could be made for the Vita too, so it's tough to say.

~$200 to import a 3DS with say, OoT and/or Mario Kart is rather compelling though.

Girlfriend? Now is the time to buy what you want because it becomes a real battle if she makes wife status.

Was hard enough talking my girlfriend into letting me get a Vita :P

Whattttttttt, just do what I do. Buy it anyway, if you want it, and can comfortably afford it, get it. :P

I bought a $1600 guitar recently. Missus complained for about a day then completely forgot about it. :P

lol.

Its not that, we're supposed to be moving in the next few months and kind of need to save all our money for that.

Oh and the fact that I'm a Student and she has the full time job at this point in time :P

And she did just let me upgrade my computer.

I used a 3DS for 10 minutes and had a headache for hours.

I can't get the 3D to work without sitting perfectly still and going cross-eyed.

It sucks because Ocarina of Time looked pretty :(

lol.

Its not that, we're supposed to be moving in the next few months and kind of need to save all our money for that.

Thats completely fair and valid

Oh and the fact that I'm a Student and she has the full time job at this point in time :P

also completely fair and valid

And she did just let me upgrade my computer.

THERE IS NO LETTING. but i guess you are an unemployed bum. just remember, when you become gainfully employed. pimp hand firm. always.

I used a 3DS for 10 minutes and had a headache for hours.

I can't get the 3D to work without sitting perfectly still and going cross-eyed.

It sucks because Ocarina of Time looked pretty :(

Just play it with the 3D off, looks just as pretty.

Also the 3D in OoT is broken, since you've gotta move the console to aim with the sling shot which = 3D effect being lost because of viewing angles!

You do have to sit rather still to get the best viewing angle for the 3D, also I find that in most games I have to have the 3d turned down real low so it doesn't hurt my eyes.

Ah, thanks for that.

I'll give it another go with the 3D turned down.

Wouldn't mind replaying OoT through again.

So where's a good place to import a US console, at RRP?

The big players that sell at retail (gamestop, amazon, etc) won't ship the 3DS internationally; those that do sell it at a premium.

The big players that sell at retail (gamestop, amazon, etc) won't ship the 3DS internationally; those that do sell it at a premium.

I have used Play-asia

OR

Ebay stores with good reputations.

You can add this to your cart and proceed through the checkout right now.

Otherwise, proxy shippers can come in handy. And as mentioned already, PA won't let you down.

Or just visit the 'States. :P

I'll be there in September, plenty of time for the bricks-n-mortar stores to adjust to Ninty's price drop.