Sign in to follow this  
djflood

"This game is currently unavailable try again later"

Every time I launch Garry's mod on steam this message appears. I have looked up and found out many people have this problem and it's not only Garry's Mod that does this, game like Counter Strike and Team Fortress 2. I have also checked in processors if HL2.exe is running and it isn't. I have also uninstalled steam and installed it all again... twice. I know it says try again later but it has been 9 months since it said this for the first time. If someone could give me some advice on how to fix this that would be great.

Yeah I had this problem since a couple weekends ago. Team Fortress 2 just takes forever to load and then it'll say this game is unavailable, etc etc. Would be nice to see some solutions.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Right click the game, click properties, go to the local files tab and verify integrity of game cache, thats the usual solution.

I think the real issue with mine is whatever I want steam to do, for eg back up game files or install game... it'll just take forever preparing it to happen then if i click to cancel it it'll just go unresponsive with that annoying white bar around the entire steam window then windows will ask if i want to end the program. Anyone got a solution for that?

I'm really not pleased by this because i still can't manage to try the games I bought from the summer sale.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Hmmm if you quit a program (making sure its not happening in the tray/taskbar )but the program's process is still happening in Windows Task manager is that irregular?

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

That happens to me all the time on many programs. Any idea how to fix it?

Edited by Mr.Twinkie