.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Android users ahoy!

Yes, it does, because it cuts out the unstable settings. Ive tried setting the offset value from 12% to 15% and 13% provides the smoothest transition from bright down to sub zero, without the jumping in and out of shadowy darkness. Coincidently, 12% brightness is the minimum brightness setting under the devices native brightness control. Interesting.

Just installed the latest version.

Happy to report that the settings issue is sorted.

Also happy to report it doesn't seem to slow my Tablet down as much anymore. I've yet to test this properly, but I can already feel swiping across homescreens is back to normal. There seems like there's a bit of noticable lag just after using Lux for anything (either playing with settings, or unlocking the tablet)....but yeah, not 100% sure yet.

Oh, one weird bug I've noticed is that when I go to dropbox to install the latest version, it tells me it's going to replace the current version. But when it gives me the screen where I have to press Install, it refuses to respond. I can press back/home/etc, but I can't press Install or Cancel. I have to remove the app manually first, then install a fresh copy. This happens on my Desire HD and was present when I tried to upgrade to the previous version. The Legend is happy to do the upgrade. I haven't tested it on the tablet as I didn't have the previously copy installed.

Yep, I had to delete the old version first as well. It went through the motions of updating, but never did. Did the same thing in the last version too. When I went looking in the apps menu for the dashboard, I realized it didn't update.

Forgot about this little problem. I'm a bad tester :)

I'll look into it.

I think I'm going to draw the line here, no more features will be added until v2. Going to focus on polishing the UI and implementing a tutorial mode.

Huh. My shadowy darkness problem between 1 and 15% is gone in this version ! Nice :)

Good to hear. :) I'll be sure not to break it again. :P

One of my testers over at Stack Overflow believes my app is consuming his battery during standby. If I could get some battery usage stats that'd be great!

According to my battery monitor, Lux consumes 2%. Im getting just under 4 days use per charge cycle, which is what I was getting before installing Lux. Seems fine to me. I'll charge it up tonight and see if this new version returns the same result.

It didn't show up on my monitor previously either, but I've been playing around with it a fair bit, which is probably why it rates a mention during this charge cycle.

Hey Cyber id be happy to give it a whirl, using my sgs on 2.3.4 (JVR).

PM sent.

Edited by cleadge

Ive left Lux alone to do its thing this charge cycle and I'm not seeing even the slightest evidence of power drain. Lux doesn't even rate a mention on my battery monitor this time around.

Ive left Lux alone to do its thing this charge cycle and I'm not seeing even the slightest evidence of power drain. Lux doesn't even rate a mention on my battery monitor this time around.

That's the case on my phone too. Interesting...

no noticable battery life problems on any of my devices. Though in saying that, haven't noticed any increase either.

Still need testers?

Have a Nexus One with Android 2.3.4

Your app looks interesting. Are you available for Android contract work?