.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Android users ahoy!

Yep, it still resides on my phone, happily doing its thing in the background. Haven't updated in a while, so just did so. First off, I like the new widget control. I can delete the extra dashboard link now. In fact, lux still appears to work without the home page widget if I have notifications, longevity and auto mode active. Is that right ? Or have i inadvertantly deactivated something. I like the little sun on my notification bar and it frees up home page real estate, which is important on small displays :)

You don't need longevity enabled unless you've been having issues with Android killing Lux. There's actually a bug with it at the moment where it doesn't adjust the brightness value in the notification.

Removing the widget is perfectly fine, it has no real importance any more.

Ah, I recently got my first Android device. Forgot all about your app. Just purchased it now. Will need to experiment a little outside of my dark corner office.

You don't need longevity enabled unless you've been having issues with Android killing Lux. There's actually a bug with it at the moment where it doesn't adjust the brightness value in the notification.

Removing the widget is perfectly fine, it has no real importance any more.

Yes, I noticed that notification bug today. Glad you mentioned it, thought it was me ... :)

still using it, as with NightOwl just plugging away in the background, hasn't caused any issues.

will grab the latest build and keep using it. cheers.

Hey just wondering if you know of any testers using an LG Optimus 2X (LG P990)?

My housemate is running latest version of Lux (from Dropbox) and has a few issues, one being the light sensor not working (always shows 1 lx or -1 lx).

Not sure if its just him, hes running Android 2.2.2.

I'll have a play around with it later, and see if there is anything else or if it was just him..

Vito, you are fabulous ! The HTC wildfire ... and probably other HTCs as well, has a stupid feature that adjusts the soft key back light to only light up in low light. As with other stock standard built in lighting features shipped with cell phone, this particular feature NEVER worked on my phone .... And NEVER lit up, even in no light. This feature is not customable ... of course.

You have just fixed my problem ! I set the backlight to 'always on' and it's now working for the first time in its life. I know this is the opposite to what the feature is really for, but I'm just so happy that it's now working !

*does little happy dance :)

Ok, been playing around with the soft keys backlight function. Even though it has finally activated the backlight ... which never worked before, it won't adjust in brightness, no matter what setting I make. With soft key backlight control on, the backlight now turns on in low light, but it stays at full brightness no matter what the threshold. So, it's either on or off.

I did a bit of googling on the subject .... this is a very well known flaw with HTC phones. Besides the 'gaffer tape on the sensor' trick, there's no known fix.

I was thinking, if you managed to fix this for HTC phones, you'd be very popular with HTC owners frustrated with the lack of key backlight control. There are alot of them out there.

Edited by NightOwl

I bought Lux a few months ago and love it, I seem to have a pretty decent sensor as I've never had to train it at all and it works far better on my SGS III than on my old SGS II that I gave to my brother in law. Have just run into my first problem and I don't actually think it's your problem but thought I'd throw it in here anyway. ANZ have finally released the goMoney app for Android instead of the shortcut that they used to call an app. The only problem is apparently the overlay that Lux and other brightness programs use prevents you from using the touchpad when you start go money so you have to disable it everytime you want to access banking via the app or you have to log in to internet banking the long way.