kikz

iRacing 2.0

haha Yeah it's a nightmare. But it's really good for SR if you have a clean race. Not that you can race here at Rookies, but once you can race here, do as many clean races here as you can to get to A class ASAP. Too easy!

Loves me some iRacing. Kitted out in Fanatec kit here.

Got my iRating up to 3700 at one point by spending too much time in the Star Mazda. Then the NTM arrived...

Have been totally slumming it lately and am having a season off. Really enjoying the Ruf but I think I'll start from scratch next season, back in the MX-5 until I'm back in winning form.

I remember joining a practice session with all the ex-staff once upon a time. Was a bit of a laugh watching them in the skip. :D

Excellent. 3700 is a decent irating!

Upgraded rig some more...

Next level gtultimate v2 cockpit

All fanatec top end gear

Derek spears designs ultra dash (A + B panels)

DSD hydraulic handbrake

2 buttkicker gamer 2+ simvibe

Posted Image

Edited by kikz

Ooh, I've been eying off those DSD plates. Tempting!

I am trying to find a cockpit that would do racing and flight without a problem but not having much luck. Also hoping to break out simvibe. Is that rig on stands so to get the proper vibrations happening?

Also - BMW rim... So I take it you've been playing in the Ruf then? :) Sooo good.

Heh yeah. Loving the RUF. I've been racing the GT3 championship (trying to get a little bit more speed and Zandvoort this week :() and the Road Warrior series (HPD at Sebring). I've got the Formula rim too. I definitely prefer the BMW rim though. The GTUltimate (it's apparently for flight too) is sold by pagnian imports.

The GTUltimate rig comes with a mounting bar for the buttkicker gamer 2 to be clamped to and I've got he other one dodgied up under the pedals. Ideally I'd like to have the rig elevated and have a buttkicker at each corner, and one under the seat, and one under the pedals. (sim vibe supports 8 buttkickers)

I've got the left panel hooked up to to all the comms stuff, volumes, mutes, canned messages etc. The right panel does all the in car stuff: ignition, starter, pit lane speed limiter, brake bias, engine, arb, all that shiz. Works good. And I run the siminstruments.com dash which is super fucking awesome too (and compatible with the top sims: pCars, AC, rfactor 1 & 2, codemasters games, iracing etc). One of my teammates makes up pro looking labels in Adobe Illustrator for the panels. Once I get the button placement sorted I'll get one made up for mine (only had the panels for a few weeks).

Dash in action...

Posted Image

Edited by kikz

bumpity bump bump. this track is mighty rough with this huge bump. lol

iRacing update dropped two weeks ago and omg. jizz in pants worthy. Nothing too new in the way of content (which, remember is all DLC). Donnington came out and it's fun. The big thing was fitting all the cars with NTMv5 and tyre curing and updated tyre modelling. The cars feel oh so nice now. Also the new DW12 Indycar - omg the car of the game if you've got the balls and skill to hang on to it. Top gun top fun.

hehe hello lol

doesnt tale 10 hours to find a 8 street stock races, or MX5 or Skipy races. 10 x 1hour GT races, now yes that does actually take

Edited by FleetAdmiral

haha. oh hai Paul! :) At least a while a go I started to say "I know a guy", not "I know of a guy". I chucked in the towel and Vortex a last week - Don't have time for the participation requirements. I've only been racing I think once in the last three weeks on the public servers. Been doing the SEK races, as I noticed you did last Sunday too. Boned my Q lap and ended up 4th on the grid in the 2nd split. Was about to finish 2nd then spun 4 minutes from the end :/ Didn't practice at all except for the 50 min session on the hosted server. Taking your style approach now haha :)

ah ok. re the started when you were redundant. that was my assumption, cause a mate of mine copped you a lot in your early races and you flying off the track all the time and crashing, then your iRacing shot up. I assumed you'd practice a lot more. Nathan Growden style (no offence to him either, love the guy). - I signed up with Mad Cows over at OCAU

Edited by kikz

<- proud member of the 1k+ iRaces club!

Geez this whole internet thing is getting pretty small! G'day Admiral. And Growler too... :)

Moooooooooooooooo!

Mooooooooo! hehehe

Nice one. 1K race. I'm just over 700 since Jan 2011.

& OMG finally won my first race of the Year!. The Year! I had a 10% win rate in career. Now, thanks to the fuckery of GT3 it's dropped like mad.

Switched back to the skippy for some iR farming... :)

Yeah mate, I think you're a top class fair racer. I hope you know that by now, and there are plenty of people like me too. My only jealousy with you is how fast you bounce back from bad iRating. I wish I had that ability :) -- though I did put on 500 iRating this week, just from 2 days and ~11 races in the skippy - 4 of those I managed to get taken out in. Even had my first win of the entire bloody year in any car. OMG that's shit.

Dude what happened to your quali? I see you didn't set a time for the SEK race? I was pumped. I managed to lower my opt down to 1:45.8 in the practice session and was all green on my "TAB" display showing absolute OPT - meaning I was headed for sub 1:46, then I grabbed some brake in the hog pen and fucked it :( Balsed my quali too. 1.7s off my best :( still quali'd 18th but chose to start from the pits with the other Cows. Was carving through the pack - got ahead of Phillip Stoneman as was looking good before I touched some grass on T4 and planted it straight into a fucking wall. :/ I've not had a crash free SEK race yet. (only started this season). I got taken out 3 times and now 3 times I've crashed myself. Nuts. :(

Edited by kikz

I remember Admiral getting better and better the other year. Then the NTM landed and I spent some time in the V8 instead of my beloved SM.

Then he started kicking my arse. :D

(me left, admiral right!)

E1kekeJ.png

Apparently we've not raced yet, kikz!

Interesting... I will have to crack open my copy of racing rivals ... Fleetadmiral is the guy imhave raced against the most, by a good margin, 2nd is nato

new tac-tic

51st start at watkins to stay ahead of C.Hood(Germany) with 50 starts... :)

tac_tic.jpg
image sharing sites

yeah I keep stuffing SEK qualifying, and on the grid i forgot to disable tc. again! i do it manually but i should assign the overide key.

i just realised im stuck with this name lol, not my better choice, itll do.

Edited by FleetAdmiral

Hot. I think I've done one GT3 on the public servers this season. I mean to do more but just don't get there... scared. I heard last nights SOF race at ViR was an abortion. Too many euros messing things up.

Well my wallets left me, gone to her mums

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6JfXuok0i0

Just got my G27 back from repair, signed up for iracing, now its time to get into it

Cool. I haven't done any iracing for a few weeks! I've been working and then playing GCSE with the guys over at www.atomicsimracing.net . Had my first race with them last Sunday and crushed it on pace. Good fun game at least, running the F3's

Also been banging around in Assetto Corsa now it's in v1 (RC).

I'll be back on iRacing soon, prob next week (it's week 13 now ;)) and starting the new, short season for season 4 - the 'ring comes out soon and the COTF Holden, so I'll be all over those two :)