kikz

iRacing 2.0

what is ur name harhis23?

e: oh and OMFG I just did my first lap of suzuka. Looks Soooooo much better than F1 2010. Could just be because I'm going heaps slower :p (and triple vs single monitor)

Edited by kikz

Ugh, I don't know why I bought Suzuka.

Always hated that track, and combined with the Skip, I just hate it even more now.

I'm too used to cars that actually have that thing known as GRIP... like the Star Mazda.

God dammit - was leading a race and a goddam courier arrived that I had to see cos it was a work delivery so had to quit out. Dammit dammit that's gonna cost me points...

e: crisis averted! Discovered you can rejoin a race even after you quit - as long as you don't forfeit. So I rejoined about half way through, came last of course and my irating copped a wallop, but my safety rating only lost 1 point - and that's cos I had to drive off the track to exit the game to answer the damn door.

Not so bad.

Edited by Flouncy

Just had my first race since re-subbing.

MX-5 at Lime Rock. Started in 5th... got to 4th on the first lap, then had a bit of a battle in the next 8 or so laps with the dude in 5th while trying to catch the dude in 3rd.

The dude in 5th come past me, but I got my place back. He came past me again but he didn't seem to do too well under the pressure from another driver up his ass.

He ended up coming off the track on corner 1 and I got 4th position back.

Held it 'til the end, though I was gaining on 3rd and got the gap down to 1.5s on the last lap.

One incident in the whole race, being a tyre on the dirt on the second last corner -- with the really wide ripple strip.

Not bad.

Posted Image

Sounds like a satisfying race. Hope to see you at Suzuka in the Skip sometime. It's a risky track if you're trying to push your ratings up. Partly cos you really do need to flick it and powerslide through most corners, and partly cos so many racers can't do that so collisions-a-plenty...

Most of the time I get the Skip into a slide, I try to correct it and it flings the car around the other way.

I don't have the time or patience to figure that scrap metal out.

I skipped racing D-class almost entirely, as back when I had my D license there was no Mustang (it was introduced after I hit C-class), and the Jetta wasn't/isn't a popular series.

I tried the Skip a number of times, absolutely hated it... so I just ran Solstice races and kept my SR up 'til the promotion date then moved straight onto the Star Mazda.

That's how much I hate that car. :P

Edited by ezkaton

nice ezkaton. I usually race with Lance moule and rob racer etc dicing with them I for position I mean :)

Lance was pretty solid, aside from the occasional tyre on the dirt on the last corner, I was right behind him for practically the whole race.

I didn't get to see Rob drive, he disconnected on lap 1 it seems.

Man so annoying. Previous race I finished 2nd to Rob Racer, after he qualified pole and I off 2nd. This race I started 2nd and moved into 1st on lap 2. 8 laps in I was lapping a guy and another guy was clearly waiting for him to come round and when he did the other guy smashed into him. The two cars spinning took me out, as I was about 1.3s behind them. Completely fubared my race. I still had the fastest race average by the end of the race too, even though I could only managed 7th place after getting at tow and 40s of repairs.

Pretty much my last 10 races have been fuckwits taking me out. argh so fail :(

The Race

Vindicated by winning the next race from pole, with 0 incidents, and fastest lap!

Edited by kikz

Most of the time I get the Skip into a slide, I try to correct it and it flings the car around the other way.

I don't have the time or patience to figure that scrap metal out.

You need to balance it through those sweeping slidey corners with a dose of brake (just a touch), and squeezing the of gas. Left foot braking is essential. Impossible to drive any other way. Through the bend you'll be making constant micro adjustments to both pedals to balance the car through the radius.

Sounds really annoying, kikz. I know what it's like though.

I got lucky last night, I was on the grid in the top 5.

Anytime I start from the middle to the back, I always get taken out by some moron within the first three corners.

It drives me insane, I start abusing people in the chat... haha.

Cheers. I say from 12th, cause I forgot to engage first and as I floored it I didn't move. NOOB! :) I saved the replay.

The race certainly helped. As you saw in the next practice session we did, I was instantly faster and setting "good" times in the mid 1:30.'s The 'tab' thing had me going faster too, not much, but an optimal of 1:30.090.

Just did another MX5 race and just come home in second, and importantly no mistakes and boosted irating. I was beaten by two young blokes who both went / go to the GT driver academy in Melbourne. I don't mind being beaten by dudes like that. So it looks like after the last 5ish days my shit is going back up :) Need to get my C class license. Well, don't need to cause I love the skippy to, but want.

Suzuka is beautiful and the way the skippy can slide through those Esses is awesome. Very predictable too. I could chuck it in, get the back end wildly out of shape then balance the car with tiny steering and throttle inputs. Very rewarding.

How'd Bennetts setup go?

Edited by kikz

Nice job on the race mate.

Not Bennett's setup - some bloke called Ian. It's really nice, I'll share with you next time we're in a session. Nice stable flat handling.

So get this - just for fun I re-installed my pedal driver (yes it uses a driver for the pedals...) and I go to race, quick practice, trucked around a couple of corners then sat out practice.

Off the start ALL the other cars rip past me and I'm going slow. Turns out the re-install recalibrated the brake and it had about 10% of input at rest. I was dragging a bloody anchor! best lap was 2:43 :{ AND I nearly ran out of fuel.

fixed now, unplugged then back in again. Had to drive the whole race so's not to loose points thru forfeit.

haha :( do you have the gear indicator and pedal input screen on?\

now my irating is back near 1500 we might get in the same race...

Edited by kikz

nope musta just missed out. I was #1 in my race. came second. made a bunch of mistakes. trying I guess. It was easier in the first race when I had no expectations :)

Check out this guy's stats:

http://members.iracing.com/membersite/memb...do?custid=60616

Pretty amazing page. Not sure if my favourite bit is 00 and 00 for ratings and a 0.12 safety - or that he averages 32 incidents per race - with one recent race at 68 incidents. They should ban people that fall this low - but he was racing yesterday... so he's clearly just biffing and bashing his way through the pack.

Edited by Flouncy

I don't even know how you can get 68 incidents in one race, unless you're blind drunk and trying to play with a gamepad... :S

He's a barger a rammer and a horrid person, apparently. Found that link in a thread on the iracing forums, and - apparently that's his GOOD account... He cares not for his license or rating, just smashes his way through every race, which highlights a big weakness in the system.

Lordy.

Glad he'll stay in the Rookie series forever until he has his account removed by iRacing.

Thankfully people like that are a rare sight on iRacing.

Bless the paid system!

Level up! I got my Class B license. Super woot! And with a very healthy 3.87 points on it, too. Though that may not last...

Had a good day on the Skips yesterday, good results and not too many incidents. Then had a shocker last night, 11 incidents, all my stupid fault.

Today was much better, raced clean, ran well. Got the C license up to 4.60, but to graduate I needed races in a C class car - which the Skip isn't. So practiced the Star Mazda and raced it at this week's course - Silverstone. But not like the Silverstone we know. Only 2 corners were from the F1 circuit, the rest was unfamiliar, but I got with it after a bit.

So my fellow racers were mostly intense horrible Germans. Scoldy, bitchy humourless tepid ultra-hardcores. Not that I'd dare stereotype the fine Germanic people.

Anyway, loved the Star Mazda. Bought the Radical -- another C class, just to see if I liked that enough to make it my upper-class chariot. But no. The Star is much much nicer, almost F1-like, but super stable and almost impossible to fuck up with, so much grip, and relatively low power. Skips are MUCH harder. Going FAST in the Star is another matter. A new goal.

I'll still do regular Skip races tho, it's just the best fun and such a lovely drive.

Edited by Flouncy

Cool. grats.

I did 11 races today! got my SR up to 3.90 and irating to 1740, so by tomorrow I should be C license. Painfully every time I raced the skips I got caught up in someone elses mess and it totally borked my SR and meant the next few mx5 races I did were just making up for each skippy loss instead of moving me further toward C.

At least I won a few races today, and got to race in a field of 8 with 6 real race drivers :/ Came 7th, so not too bad and very nearly got 6th :p Dropped my lime rock time down to 59.3s, which is still not in the 58's with the big boys, but not too bad either :)

I think it's going to be a LOOONG time before I hit B class, given how long it will take me to get to C. I guess what I need to do is forget about irating and just by happy lapping at the back or mid-pack.