Genisis X

Genisis X's photos

Currently in Vietnam. Dead tired, quite hungry. Just got back from Halong bay which is awesome.

I've got more photos to throw up when I get time but heres two my sleep deprived mind thinks is okay:

[image removed for shittyness]

Posted Image

More verbage to follow once I return from Sapa and sleep for about three days straight.

Peace.

-X

Edited by Genisis X

oh man, i love the 2nd one...atmospheric!

Ya you must be sleepy, the first one's horizon is far from level, lol...8-)

Yea, must have been tired. Didn't even notice the near 45* angle! I'll be doing that one again when I get back from Sapa on monday :S

Thanks for the c&c guys!

-X

like the 2nd one, love fog, make me want to drive down to lake moogerah for sunrise XD

wonder what black and white of 2nd shot would look like, i've seen some black and white of my friend's foggy shots and they look real nice

like the 2nd one, love fog, make me want to drive down to lake moogerah for sunrise XD

wonder what black and white of 2nd shot would look like, i've seen some black and white of my friend's foggy shots and they look real nice

Great photos, actually think the green in the second makes it better given the rest of the photo is completely unsaturated...

Great photos, actually think the green in the second makes it better given the rest of the photo is completely unsaturated...

you know what, i think you are probably right, past mid point towards right scenary almost faded

you know what, i think you are probably right, past mid point towards right scenary almost faded

maybe unsaturating the sea completely and the land behind the one main pinnacle, leaving just this one island green whilst the rest of the photo was B&W? That might work.

No I reckon the right half of that fog pig is so colourless enough that you could work on saturating the greens in the islands, and it wouldn't affect the fog or water, because they are both grey and light enough.

Also thinking about the horizon issue on the first one, adding some spherical distortion to it, making the horizon on the left curve down to the left, would make for a very good picture.

No I reckon the right half of that fog pig is so colourless enough that you could work on saturating the greens in the islands, and it wouldn't affect the fog or water, because they are both grey and light enough.

Also thinking about the horizon issue on the first one, adding some spherical distortion to it, making the horizon on the left curve down to the left, would make for a very good picture.

agreed but Iwondered whether desaturating the sea under the island would just make the island stand out just that little more.

Ha Long bay is absolutely amazing. Even with the shitloads of tourists and the plastic bags floating around in it it's still fucking amazing. Must see for anyone coming to Vietnam.

-X

Keep up the great shots Gen. They're looking fantastic. 1st pic in the new set is just a tad too over processed. But that's just me :)

Here's one I took today during a stroll around Hanoi. Check this dude out, he's got that whole chinese kung-fu master thing going for him. And a red bike. Red ones go faster. Peace.

Posted Image

-X

Haha the bikes a Fuji :P Love the photo of the old woman and the young boy in the field.

The subject matter of that last pic is awesome. You could have captured that scene with a $20 disposable camera and it would still be great. I'd love to see a more high definition version of it though, i don't see a lot of detail when I zoom in, get a fair bit of pixellation. Did you apply any sharpening to it?

Yea, I sharpened it with a high pass filter then shrank it to 1000 px. The detail is good on the big version. I think Google shrank it further when I uploaded it to g+ as well which could explain the pixellation.

-X

Incence burning at the eight lady cave in Phong Nha national park. If I remember I'll tell you guys the story when I have time.

Posted Image

Paradise cave (shot without a tripod as well!) This place is fucking amazing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Phong Nha national Park.

Posted Image

Got to run to the beach now, I'll add more content when I get back!

-X