Genisis X

Genisis X's photos

Thanks basketballfreak! That spider was gnarly. Surprisingly fast. We fed it a few bugs and became a little bit afraid.

Here's my first shots from:

Posted Image

MALAYSIA!!!

Georgetown, Penang. Oldest british settlement in se asia, unesco world heritage city and fucking amazing food. Lovely people there too.

Here's the view looking down from Komtar Tower:

Posted Image

I went for the a little over processed look for this one. Kinda looks like a scale model instead of a city to me

Here's another view from the top which is ruined by reflections. Couldn't use my polarizing filter as the glass was polarized.

Posted Image

And here's my favourite one. I managed to catch this one at the right time.

Posted Image

Peace!

-X

Cheers Tak ;)

Here's one from last night. It's from facestalkerbook so I don't know what the quality will be like. (i'll replace it with a good one when I'm finished.)

Posted Image

-X

Cheers Tak ;)

Here's one from last night. It's from facestalkerbook so I don't know what the quality will be like. (i'll replace it with a good one when I'm finished.)

Posted Image

awesome shot...lighting, angle, subject...BUT...the girl needs to be looking towards the camera!

Edited by Antraman

Having the privilege to see all the wondrous photos the atomicans have churned out really makes you realize how wonderful life is.

.............................................y-e-a-h-h-h-h-h...........................................

Edited by Antraman

awesome shot...lighting, angle, subject...BUT...the girl needs to be looking towards the camera!

Personally I like it this way. It's got more of a journalistic feel to it. I also already know what she looks like so I don't have that air of mystery ;)

-X

More from KL. I freaking love KL, one of my favourite cities.

1/40, f/7.1, ISO 400

Posted Image

1/40, f/4.0, ISO 5000 (yes, that is actually five thousand. Topaz DeNoise is awesome.)

Posted Image

1/60, f/4.0, ISO 400

Posted Image

My personal favourite:

1/160, f/5.6, ISO 100

Posted Image

10sec, f/20, ISO 100

Posted Image

1/15 (go go image stabilisation!), f/6.3, ISO 6400

Posted Image

1/30, f/8.0, ISO 1000

Posted Image

Peace!

-X

Edited by Genisis X

Are you in Kuala Lumpur at the moment Gen X??

And im like...wow with your photos mate. I have lots of catching up to do. >.<

Edited by strifus

Are you in Kuala Lumpur at the moment Gen X??

And im like...wow with your photos mate. I have lots of catching up to do. >.<

Nah mate. I'm in Kuching now. I'll be back in KL on the 21st though.

Thanks!

-X

Ah Kuching. Are you going to the museum? There's a huge frickin snake wrapped around the walls of one of the display rooms.

My wife and I backpacked through Sarawak up to Saba for 3 weeks, via Miri, Niah Caves, Kota Kinabalu, and stayed at one of her sisters in Keningau. We climbed Mt Kinabalu, which is an awesome experience, and chilled after at Poring Hot Springs. We caught a Mercedes Taxi from Keningau back to KK, winding roads through the mountains in a 300D, awesome trip. My most memorable drive anywhere, anytime it was. Went on to Sandakhan to see the Orang park, then back to Peninsula Malaysia to see the rest of the family.

Whereabouts are you going?

@basketballfreak6: Thanks!

@Antraman: I leave for Miri on an overnight bus tomorrow. Go to Brunei on the 12th to be back in Miri on the 14th. Then I fly to Mulu national park on the 15th, fly back to Miri on the 18th to get on a bus back to Kuching the same day. Then I fly back to KL on the 21st and fly home via Bangkok, Taipei, Sydney, Dubbo and Mum's taxi on the 28th-29th. Would have loved to see more of Sarawak and Sabah, and to climb mt kinabalu but time and money constraints mean I'll have to do it next time ;)

Hopefully I'll be coming back to malaysia this year for a job for a month or two so if that happens I'll see about ducking over to Kota Kinabalu and climbing the mountain then.

-X

Sounds awesome mate. If you like climbing hills, Mt. K is a must. At 4100m it's one of the highest peaks in SE Asia, and the most accessible. Do it while you're still young...I dunno if I could manage it now, without months of physical training.

Looking forward to pics from Mulu NP....I have heard its rather nice.

Brunei, heh...what can one say? I think I'm gonna retire there....8-)

Wow, sounds like you are having a spanking time over there. I am, however, here to get married and let me tell you, its been frought with problems since the beginning. Firstly, I had to send my single status search letter all over australia gettting it certified, ie stamped, by the various australian and malaysian authorities. Then I come here and they say all my documentation is "sorta" incomplete. Then they say I am still a Malaysian citizen considering I havent lived here in close to 30 years. So, I had to renounce my Malaysian Citizenship, which I thought I had years ago, and to top it off, I went to the Australian High Commision to see what they could do for me. Finally, I got the documentation done but thats on a federal level, where as a foreigner I had to go to get my docs certified before I had to go to the Selangor state registry office, which now tells me that, IF, I get granted the special licence I was applying for in the first place, I will be able to get married on the 21-22 of feb considering we were planning to get it done around this week because we thought that we would be putting in our application on 31st of Jan. So, word of warning to all australians. Dont get married in Malaysia.

Have a great time though Gen X. Might try to meet up with you on the 21st or thereabouts if possible. Catch ya and stay safe.

Wow, sounds like you are having a spanking time over there. I am, however, here to get married and let me tell you, its been frought with problems since the beginning. Firstly, I had to send my single status search letter all over australia gettting it certified, ie stamped, by the various australian and malaysian authorities. Then I come here and they say all my documentation is "sorta" incomplete. Then they say I am still a Malaysian citizen considering I havent lived here in close to 30 years. So, I had to renounce my Malaysian Citizenship, which I thought I had years ago, and to top it off, I went to the Australian High Commision to see what they could do for me. Finally, I got the documentation done but thats on a federal level, where as a foreigner I had to go to get my docs certified before I had to go to the Selangor state registry office, which now tells me that, IF, I get granted the special licence I was applying for in the first place, I will be able to get married on the 21-22 of feb considering we were planning to get it done around this week because we thought that we would be putting in our application on 31st of Jan. So, word of warning to all australians. Dont get married in Malaysia.

Have a great time though Gen X. Might try to meet up with you on the 21st or thereabouts if possible. Catch ya and stay safe.

Ha! The only thing that saves us from the beaurocracy is its inefficiency. >-<

Good luck dude.

-X

Back in Aus, trying to find me a job and practising my timelapse.

I snapped this one the other day which led me on to sorting out how to do focus stacking properly about which I just finished a handy little guide about it: http://cachristie.net/archives/682

Posted Image

EOS 5DmkII, EF-S 60mm Macro at f/2.8 with an EF12 II extension tube, ISO 400, 1/80 sec, subject distance 210mm.

And then I took this one:

Posted Image

Composite focus stacked image of 14 images, EOS 5DmkII, EF-S 60mm Macro at f/8.0 with an EF12 II extension tube, ISO 160, 1/100 sec, subject distance 330mm

Cheers.

Edited by Genisis X