Genisis X

Genisis X's photos

Show me the money!

Posted Image

I might be buying a car so I went and got me some cash today. Wouldn't usually have this amount of cash to play with so I made the most of it ;)

-X

Edited by Genisis X

Heres some of Canberra this morning. It was nice and foggy and made for some awesome photos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-X

Wow, that last one is really great, I love it.

Also the 2nd one is very nice...the cinematic aspect ratio works very well...

Thanks guys! I haven't shot anything in about a month and am savagely out of practise. I really struggled to think about aperture, exposure and composition all at the same time. Shot a few over and under exposed shots but I came out with some good ones.

-X

Love your photo's man, do you share your files any chance of getting a high quality copy of the sunset on page 4 above the spider?

Love your photo's man, do you share your files any chance of getting a high quality copy of the sunset on page 4 above the spider?

Yea no worries. I'll watermark it and send it to you if you PM me your email.

(If you don't get it it's cause i forgot so you might need to remind me again in a few days ;)

-X

Guess who's working at thredbo this season? :D

Posted Image

Winning!

Also doing some nightclub gigs for dollars.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-X

Nive tones and lighting on the first girl. Very warm shot.

Re: your comment about struggling with taking shots because of so many things to consider...I sort this out by working out the composition first with framing the shot, then what light effect or feel I want with aperture, then waiting capture the right moment with shutter speed. I find composition the hardest of these though...I can look at a scene for ages knowing there's shot in there, but just can't get to framing it right. So what I usually do is shoot wider than what I think is necessary, then play around with cropping in Lightroom, after I have done all the technical stuff with image processing. Sometimes visiting a scene later in post processing will turn up an obvious crop...

Re: your comment about struggling with taking shots because of so many things to consider...I sort this out by working out the composition first with framing the shot, then what light effect or feel I want with aperture, then waiting capture the right moment with shutter speed. I find composition the hardest of these though...I can look at a scene for ages knowing there's shot in there, but just can't get to framing it right. So what I usually do is shoot wider than what I think is necessary, then play around with cropping in Lightroom, after I have done all the technical stuff with image processing. Sometimes visiting a scene later in post processing will turn up an obvious crop...

Thanks. What can I say, 5dmkII + 430EXII = Awesome lighting. The 2nd gen ETTL is awesome. The place had a low roof as well which helped for bouncing light around.

And as for the 'so many things to consider' thing the whole taking photos of races in the snow when I'm cold as fuck and the light keeps on changing has been awesome practise.

-X

Thanks. What can I say, 5dmkII + 430EXII = Awesome lighting. The 2nd gen ETTL is awesome. The place had a low roof as well which helped for bouncing light around.

And as for the 'so many things to consider' thing the whole taking photos of races in the snow when I'm cold as fuck and the light keeps on changing has been awesome practise.

-X

All I can say is "Very nice, Awesome, Impressive" but I am sure everyone else has already said that :)

Well done

Posted Image

The view from the top of thredbo. Was an awesome day uo there yesterday. Lots of sun, no wind whatsoever and a view that went on for miles.

I'm pretty sure you can see madagascar on the high res version ;)

-X

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's a few from the freeride slopestyle competition yesterday. Was tres awesome to watch dudes and dudettes with amazing talent throw themselves over massive jumps.

-X

Edited by Genisis X

awesome shots man. What gear were you using?

EOS 5dII, 24-105mm L

F/20, ISO 5000, 1/1250seconds, shots taken between 35mm and 70mm, IS on.

I was sitting at the base of the jump and shooting five or six frames of each rider zooming in as they went past me. Was a fun day!

Post took some hardcore noise reduction (topaz denoise 5) and some basic sharpening and colour and contrast adjustments.

-X