Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Peace!

-X

Posted Image

SNOW!

-X

THAT is a very nice shot. I like the composition and the subject, and it really works well with the panoramic aspect, though I think the pano aspect is a bit to long and thin. How does it compare with another one showing just a tad more at the bottom? I think the road might be cut off a bit too much - at least show some brown...and it doesn't seem level to me as well...a tad high on the right?

Posted Image

SNOW!

-X

THAT is a very nice shot. I like the composition and the subject, and it really works well with the panoramic aspect, though I think the pano aspect is a bit to long and thin. How does it compare with another one showing just a tad more at the bottom? I think the road might be cut off a bit too much - at least show some brown...and it doesn't seem level to me as well...a tad high on the right?

Yea, its a wierd one. The fence is on an angle which gives it the impression that it isn't level. I levelled it off the vertical trees and signs. It looks wierd either way ;) Probably would have been good with more height but I couldn't get it with my 70-200mm lens and my 24-105, sadly, is broken :(

-X

Yea, its a wierd one. The fence is on an angle which gives it the impression that it isn't level. I levelled it off the vertical trees and signs. It looks wierd either way ;) Probably would have been good with more height but I couldn't get it with my 70-200mm lens and my 24-105, sadly, is broken :(

-X

You broke a 24-105 L series ?

-X

Yep. It was pretty old and it's a common fault with the older 24-105L lenses that the diaphragm shits itself and the internal cable to the focusing diaphragm wears. Going to cost about $500 to get it fixed. It's also been halfway around the world, dropped and drowned a few times. I'd still highly recommend one to anyone.

-X

-X

Yep. It was pretty old and it's a common fault with the older 24-105L lenses that the diaphragm shits itself and the internal cable to the focusing diaphragm wears. Going to cost about $500 to get it fixed. It's also been halfway around the world, dropped and drowned a few times. I'd still highly recommend one to anyone.

-X

if it's going to cost 500 to fix maybe consider buying new? white box grey stock should only be like 800ish now i think for that lens

nice pano too!

-X

-X

if it's going to cost 500 to fix maybe consider buying new? white box grey stock should only be like 800ish now i think for that lens

nice pano too!

Yea I looked into it. Probably going to save up and buy a new one. :D

-X

-X

-X

nice pano too!

nice, and then offload then broken one for like 200 bux or something, im sure someone will take it even with the damage

Yea I looked into it. Probably going to save up and buy a new one. :D

-X

Posted Image

Epic skills on display at Thredbo this week.

Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark II

Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1600)

Aperture: f/18

Focal Length: 70 mm

ISO Speed: 1000

-X

Edited by Genisis X

oh man are you like on holiday all year round :P

He is only on holidays when we are all working and studying. Oh wait, I am a workaholic. Maybe he is on holidays all year round.

oh man are you like on holiday all year round :P

He is only on holidays when we are all working and studying. Oh wait, I am a workaholic. Maybe he is on holidays all year round.

you make me feel depressed micky lol

Timelapse ho!

-X

I liked that. Timelapses always gives me a good tingling of wonder.

But pick a better song next time yeah? ;)

Timelapse ho!

-X

I liked that. Timelapses always gives me a good tingling of wonder.

But pick a better song next time yeah? ;)

Yea, the music is fucking awful ;) If I do any serious stuff I'll make sure I pick some decent tunes.

-X

Did some practise at capturing lightning the other day in the storm. Worked out pretty well.

-X

Always wanted to get some decent landscapes with lightning around storm clouds... One of these days I'll be in a position to be able to do it and have the camera and tripod in hand.

Heres some of Canberra this morning. It was nice and foggy and made for some awesome photos.

[ all pics mentioned above ]

-X

I'm just having a lazy Saturday wander around the forums this morn, hence my unusual presence here :) ... hope you won't mind my commenting .

Here goes ...

Awesome, beautiful, cold, stunning, frigid, powerful.

That pretty much sums up the emotions those shots bring out in me. Wouldn't live there in a heartbeat, but you make the place look magnificent.

Heres some of Canberra this morning. It was nice and foggy and made for some awesome photos.

[ all pics mentioned above ]

-X

I'm just having a lazy Saturday wander around the forums this morn, hence my unusual presence here :) ... hope you won't mind my commenting .

Here goes ...

Awesome, beautiful, cold, stunning, frigid, powerful.

That pretty much sums up the emotions those shots bring out in me. Wouldn't live there in a heartbeat, but you make the place look magnificent.

Why thankyou!

-X