Morgoth

Alcohol during Pregnancy

I knew a girl who drank till the day she gave birth, kid was fine, but i thought she was a moron.

I personally would never drink whilst pregnant, and also would have been nervous having even a shot of something, not really worth the risk, while you're pregnant you can get away with eating peanut butter out of the jar, fuck alcohol.

On the healthy sperms department,

As someone who became a father at 21 unexpectedly (twice even!) if I were looking to have kids now (late 30's) I would live pretty clean and healthy for atleast 12months before concieving.

Maybe it's the hindsight of maturity but seeing people who genuinely want childern and cannot vs slobs who rut indescriminatly and spew forth a wave of lemmings they can't be fag'd supporting give me the shits.

I knew a girl who drank till the day she gave birth, kid was fine, but i thought she was a moron.

I personally would never drink whilst pregnant, and also would have been nervous having even a shot of something, not really worth the risk, while you're pregnant you can get away with eating peanut butter out of the jar, fuck alcohol.

peanut butter is a source of aflatoxins, which are embryotoxic; it gets through to breast milk too i think

like i said earlier, being that paranoid about a single drink is probably more dangerous than the drink; not saying getting pissed is a good idea, nor consistent use

but imho everything in moderation (including excess) is a good philosophy, be it grog or peanut butter

I have a doctor friend who did a few months in a small country town not too far from Kalgoorlie. She said at least half the kids she saw showed signs of foetal alcohol syndrome. She may have been exaggerating but... you have to be looking for the effects to see them. It's not like the kid comes out going "I luv u guyz, totally, we should get together soon, totally, you're awesome buddy".

As someone who became a father at 21 unexpectedly (twice even!) if I were looking to have kids now (late 30's) I would live pretty clean and healthy for atleast 12months before concieving.

Maybe it's the hindsight of maturity but seeing people who genuinely want childern and cannot vs slobs who rut indescriminatly and spew forth a wave of lemmings they can't be fag'd supporting give me the shits.

Hindsight...sounds good in theory, to ' live clean ' for a year. In practice, I doubt there are many who'd actually achieve that. Kids conceived from a lifestyle of moderation is probably about the best you could

seriously hope for. Without realising it, you could become all stressed about the living clean ritual which in turn could make it's own problems.

You became an unexpected father at the age of 21... twice? Nice. That is nice.

Twins or holey condoms ?

sounds good in theory, to ' live clean ' for a year. In practice, I doubt there are many who'd actually achieve that.

I would say I have lived at least 75% 'clean' for the past three years. It's not hard. Plus, I never drank, smoke, or took any drugs in the first place. Just shitty food and drink and general bad lifestyle.

It's a good thing I never have sex either, or I'd spawning uberkids all over the place.

Twins or holey condoms ?

I was saying "Nice" to the two different ladies he impregnated (I say ladies, I mean young girls with a terrible judgement of character). Edited by tantryl

sounds good in theory, to ' live clean ' for a year. In practice, I doubt there are many who'd actually achieve that.

I would say I have lived at least 75% 'clean' for the past three years. It's not hard. Plus, I never drank, smoke, or took any drugs in the first place. Just shitty food and drink and general bad lifestyle.

It's a good thing I never have sex either, or I'd spawning uberkids all over the place.

" shitty food and drink and general bad lifestyle."...enough of that stuff, and you might as well have drunk, smoked...

Twins or holey condoms ?

I was saying "Nice" to the two different ladies he impregnated (I say ladies, I mean young girls with a terrible judgement of character).

Ahhh... still, holey condoms could be the issue.

Hindsight...sounds good in theory, to ' live clean ' for a year. In practice, I doubt there are many who'd actually achieve that. Kids conceived from a lifestyle of moderation is probably about the best you could

seriously hope for. Without realising it, you could become all stressed about the living clean ritual which in turn could make it's own problems.

Moderation indeed

FTR noobs, by unexpected, I mean. My sons mother deliberatly fell pregnant when I was 21 and then 23 and I did not have discussion in the matter with her because she thought that would be an alright thing to do... k?

Bit fucken late now isnt it?, If I was on the baby bandwagen I'd be moderate, sober and in it for a reason, not just because I have genitalia.

hmmm, condoms... yea, getting that hindsight feeling back..

meh

Oh. So you didn't become a father at 21 twice. Lame.

Also, sympathies on your crazy bitch girlfriend/mother of your children.

" shitty food and drink and general bad lifestyle."...enough of that stuff, and you might as well have drunk, smoked...

Yeah, I totally agree, which is why I don't live like that anymore. The only time I eat really badly is at LAN parties, and even then I always tell myself 'I'm not going to eat shit this time, I don't NEED it'.

/inhales packet of tim-tams, pizza, chips, etc...

/inhales packet of tim-tams, pizza, chips, etc...

Hahaha, that was fucking brilliant. I totally know what he means. You eat one, then they're just gone. And while I haven't had a tim-tam induced coma, I could understand a newcomer having that reaction. We've all been brought up with them, like 10 year old French kids having glasses of wine with dinner. We have a resistance to their awesomeness.

The likelihood a single shot of Bailey's once during a pregnancy of doing any damage is statistically negligible. Some prefer not to do it anyway though, and fair enough.

True, though it's worth mentioning that the more research they do, the lower and lower the quantities of alcohol they find can actually do damage to a developing foetus, which is why the current guidance is for zero alcohol consumption during pregnancy.

From my perspective, if you can't go without alcohol for 9 months in the interests of having a healthy child, then you need to have a good look in the mirror.

Worst of all are the women who say "my doctor told me that my being stressed will be bad for my baby, and giving up smokes and drinking while I'm pregnant will make me stressed, so I will continue to smoke and drink while I'm pregnant". Selfish retards.

I know there is scientific research that it contradictory but probably half of gen xers would have been born to mothers drinking/smoking throughout pregnancy

and probably most current generation kids are born to parents that avoid everything.

Which generation has a better attention span, generally knows how to respect alcohol rather than abuse it and isn't allergic to half of everything?

I know there is scientific research that it contradictory but probably half of gen xers would have been born to mothers drinking/smoking throughout pregnancy

and probably most current generation kids are born to parents that avoid everything.

Interesting theory. Would love to see the data on that.

Which generation has a better attention span, generally knows how to respect alcohol rather than abuse it and isn't allergic to half of everything?

I don't know.

Are you really advocating drinking and smoking during pregnancy because you think it leads to tougher babies...?

I don't know.

Are you really advocating drinking and smoking during pregnancy because you think it leads to tougher babies...?

Cooler babies.

I bet no one would bat an eyelid if she wanted salami, soft cheese or pre packaged salad.

I bet no one would bat an eyelid if she wanted salami, soft cheese or pre packaged salad.

I would dive across in front of her in slow motion, shouting 'nooooooooooooo', snatching the cabanosi from her hands and absorbing the full impact of the brie.

Wow. So many uneducated opinions, I've never felt like the adult in the room before. Congratulations to you all. (barring Hlass of course).

Statistically speaking, you are unlikely to ever be attacked by a shark. Doesn't mean I go swimming near dawn or dusk by myself at the beach.

Why the FUCK would you take a chance that you will mentally retard your child for life, putting a financial burden on yourself, and future family and the state after you die ? Emotional burdens that you JUST had to have one drink because "statistically speaking" it shouldn't have happened.

To the moron who said he hasn't met a woman who hasn't craved alcohol during pregnancy, good effort. Every woman that you know that has been pregnant can be classified as an alcoholic. Great friends.

For all those people who want to rabbit on about soft cheeses, do you even know what the fuck you are talking about ? Cheese made with pastuerised milk, including soft cheeses, are perfectly safe to eat for pregnant women. Good work on making yourselves look even more stupid.

For the others who want to bring up any other 'dangers' of living with pregnancy, holy fuck there is a danger that while any of you are mouth breathing you may inhale a fly and choke to death. However mouth breathing for you lot is a NECESSARY RISK, no matter how 'statistically small" the chances of you echoking to death on a fly is. Women shouldn't stop living life, pregnant or not, but they also shouldn't take UNECESSARY RISKS like drinking because you are selfish and can't go a measly 9 months without either the taste and/or buzz of alcohol.

Wow.. Good work Devilsmurf..

You've diss'd scientists, doctors and many more who are more qualified than you.. (This is based on fact.. In this very thread)

You've never deal with a woman during pregnancy either. Cravings are that.. Cravings.. They can last seconds, hours, days, weeks or the entire term of pregnancy. There is no rhyme or reason to them.

Soft cheese and pregnancy = BAD! You are an idiot to suggest otherwise. Look it up. In fact, soft cheese is worse than alcohol. (likewise things like 'deli meats')

You are not the grown up in this room. You are an opinionated person who is being loud and obnoxious.

AD