Greaver

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

From the link I posted:

Valve is using a system called ELO and will prioritize that skill ranking when matchmaking in the Competitive mode.

I assume it is the same ELO system that chess and Carcassone and countless other serious competitive institutions use. I'm not sure how it will be implemented, but it is a huge step up from simple ratio based skill matching.

http://au.ign.com/videos/2011/08/25/counte...e-video-preview

Video impressions. It's clearly not a graphical powerhouse, but I won't lie, it tugged at the heart strings a little seeing dust and aztec. I haven't played CS since 1.6 was brand spankin' new (on a Duron and GF2MX computer no less) and haven't taken it seriously since beta (0.5 perhaps?), but damn I'm suddenly keen to buy CSS and give it a whirl.

The new models and animations etc. make it looks pretty cool. I love the old school counter strike style gameplay vibe its still giving off too.

Isnt it a bit unfair us PC guys play against consoles? Anyone with any skill on PC will smash the console guys.

I wouldn't worry too much about the consoles v pc thing.

Also, since there is a sale on at the moment on all things Source, I caved and bought the CS complete pack and DoD as well. Installing them while dinner is cooking... Not quiet sure what I have done or when I'm going to play them (Deus Ex/Bastion too finish first), but I feel the need to shoot an AK :)

Not a single thing about that looked interesting. Same old CS but now dumbed down to appeal to the masses.

But you'll all buy it, because it's from Valve.

Not a single thing about that looked interesting. Same old CS but now dumbed down to appeal to the masses.

I'll need too. I won every Valve game... even Ricochet!!!

I don't understand you. But I don't doubt you'll love Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

I don't understand you. But I don't doubt you'll love Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

Woops, I meant own

EDIT: And the main reason why I won them all is due to Garry's Mod and my old laptop. I bought all the Source based ones so I had more things in GMod, and the older games so I could play something on my old laptop

Edited by nobody813

Any need for the passive aggressive tone? I don't even get your angle to be honest.

So looking forward to this. Most anticipated game for me at this point.

I wouldn't worry too much about the consoles v pc thing.

Also, since there is a sale on at the moment on all things Source, I caved and bought the CS complete pack and DoD as well.

I bought the CS anthology from the sale theyve got going at the moment aswell(already got source and such). Never played 1.6 nefore but loving it so far :)

Edited by Brissmas

I'll buy it for the simple fact that I get to own me some console hombres!

Off-Topic

I wish they'd make a version of L4D2 (or 3) that was multiplatform multiplayer.

Edited by smadge1

It's got pretty modest system requirements, but then that was expected because it's not a battlefield or COD.

It's got pretty modest system requirements, but then that was expected because it's not a battlefield or COD.

Are you implying that COD has high (or higher than modest) system requirements? :P

Any need for the passive aggressive tone? I don't even get your angle to be honest.

I tend to agree with him but I am not going to say anything because I know CS has a strong heritage as a key FPS that shaped some of the ones we all enjoy today.

I tend to agree with him but I am not going to say anything because I know CS has a strong heritage as a key FPS that shaped some of the ones we all enjoy today.

That's fine, nearly all of the feedback I've read since the mini announcement has been to the effect of 'well, it looks like CS, sounds] like CS' kind of thing. It's important I think to note that this certainly isn't CS2, merely the next step in the CS. In fact, I'd wager that this is more of a test from Valve, placing their most established shooter on the crossplatformed Steaworks (PC/PS3), and see how it goes. It will cost them next to nothing to do this, and if it works well then I would expect to see it in future titles. Gabe hasn't shut up about his love for Sony and the openness of the PS3 platform (which is quiet the aboutface from years ago) since coming to agreement with Sony for Portal 2, and this if anything is just the next step.

Hopefully they announce some more cool shit at PAX.

Unless it's released for free, it's a cash-grab and a needless split introduced yet again to the CS community.

Valve has changed.

Saw the video preview from IGN and the official trailer.

Nothing looks too spectacular or new but hey its Counter Strike. -__-"

The stun gun looks OP. Graphics looks like they're stretched it far enough.