Greaver

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

I think there's some COD fanboys around here.

But you're right - I'm NOT sorry!

COD4 is one of the most successful and well designed online multiplayer games around, anyone who doesn't think so is in denial, its a shame everything after it has been pretty much the same.

CS is also the same, one of the best online FPS games around and I could easily pick it up again and love it I think.

It looks like CSS with better textures and slightly better models.

You mean, like a muddy, washed out version of CSS... right? :p

It was lacking colour variety, vibrancy and overall sharpness when I played it.

Edited by Ezkaton

Ya know, I dunno if valve just didnt give out enough beta keys to australians, or something else, but GO has been nearly dead since I got it a few months ago. Rarely any populated servers.

Pre-orders start tomorrow fellas, and possibly the open-beta as well.

Might be time to finally upgrade my rig!

It will run flawlessly on anything multiple years old... it's Source, and the game is made for consoles.

Unless you're running a pre-2005 PC...?

Ya know, I dunno if valve just didnt give out enough beta keys to australians, or something else, but GO has been nearly dead since I got it a few months ago. Rarely any populated servers.

Could just be that it's shit. ;) Edited by Ezkaton

Pre-orders start tomorrow fellas, and possibly the open-beta as well.

Might be time to finally upgrade my rig!

It will run flawlessly on anything multiple years old... it's Source, and the game is made for consoles.

Unless you're running a pre-2005 PC...?

Could just be that it's shit. ;)

Circa 2007 C2D with an 8800gts. I am running a very high res screen though (Dell U2711@2560 x 1440). Think I'll wait and see if an upgrade is necessary. Thanks!

Edited by bubbamc119

I dare say if you can run Portal 2 with no issues, CS:GO will be fine. :)

If you pre-purchased GO, you get early beta axcess, so anyone is up for a round or two, add me for a game Steam name DishD :)

If you pre-purchased GO, you get early beta axcess, so anyone is up for a round or two, add me for a game Steam name DishD :)

Added you I hope :-P

Humm i just looked mate no freinds invite my end, send me your Steam name and il added you from my end :)

Humm i just looked mate no freinds invite my end, send me your Steam name and il added you from my end :)

*my Steam url* (removed :-P) Edited by nobody813

^^ Done mate ;)

Plus CS:GO has just become the #1 selling game on steam...

Edited by dishd

I preordered last night.

I've spent 500+ hours on CSS so I'm looking forward to GO :)

I've played a lot of COD4, BF2, BC2, MW2 and BF3 but I always come back to CSS I don't know why there is just something about it which makes it ultra satisfying.

Edited by insertfunnyname

Connecting to servers can be a bit troublesome it seems and I was only able to connect to a server with a ping above 200. However it still didn't seem to lag very much. Bullets feel like they pack more punch. If you crouch your gun feels much more accurate than in css however if you stand it seems to shoot more wildly aswell.

Overall from the few round I played it seems like css with a facelift however I'm still yet to try the other modes

If you want to join Aussie servers, you need to play unranked.

I've had the beta for a few months now and I've been less than impressed, the ballistics feel kinda shit, with most people able to just spray and pray, something that you couldn't do in CSS.

I've had the beta for a few months now and I've been less than impressed, the ballistics feel kinda shit, with most people able to just spray and pray, something that you couldn't do in CSS.

Hopefully I can upgrade my net plan tomorrow so I can dl the beta and shoot you fine gentlemen.

IN THE FACE!

Hopefully I can upgrade my net plan tomorrow so I can dl the beta and shoot you fine gentlemen.

IN THE FACE!

You could always grab a copy of me, if you had a laptop or something :-P

IN THE FACE!

You could always grab a copy of me, if you had a laptop or something :-P

32gb usb 3 flash drive ftw!

Kind of disappointing to hear that, I played with some really skilled players none of them skilled at spray and pray though, people who could get a headshot with an AK from each end of the map in the first shot kind of thing and one guy who was a god with the scout sniper rifle, he just landed headshot after headshot with that thing.

Kind of disappointing to hear that, I played with some really skilled players none of them skilled at spray and pray though, people who could get a headshot with an AK from each end of the map in the first shot kind of thing and one guy who was a god with the scout sniper rifle, he just landed headshot after headshot with that thing.

Most of the Aussie servers in the public Beta ARE Ranked, with a fair number of player, most are Cs or CSS players with very good skill sets. Most games so far have been very good, GO feels like its a little easier to play than CS/CSS, its pretty much CS 1.6 with updated graphics.

edit: feels more like LFD2 crossed with CS 1.6!

Edited by dishd

If you join through the server browser they're unranked apparantly.

I had a few games last night and while I can still kick ass, the ballistics really ruin it, I was aiming and not hitting shit and constantly getting headshotted by dudes who would just sit there and spray.