Greaver

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

So now this is out is it worth getting ?

TBH , if you have played previous CS versions or have always wanted to have a go, for the price ($15 USD) its well worth it. The beta has one or two little bugs, very minor, but bang for buck its a big Yes! :)

I'm starting to warm to it, you'll probably enjoy it more than me if you haven't played entries in the CS franchise, but if you like source or 1.6, you may not like GO.

Was playing it last night, it feels like it has a snap to headshot mode.

I was getting headshots on people when I spun around and just sprayed at them.

Also the AWP seems to be really really accurate/quick aim.

Thats what I dislike about it, I have really good aim and in CSS that meant something, in this, it seems spray and pray wins almost every time.

Bullet damage is kind of fucked too, takes nearly a whole deagle clip to kill someone with armour, when it used to be about 35 damage per hit.

They'll probably fix it up some time after release.

Then people will whinge. Mark my words.

Thats what I dislike about it, I have really good aim and in CSS that meant something, in this, it seems spray and pray wins almost every time.

Bullet damage is kind of fucked too, takes nearly a whole deagle clip to kill someone with armour, when it used to be about 35 damage per hit.

They've nerfed my Deagle?

This makes me sad, I'll be grabbing a copy of the beta of Noby tomorrow to try.

It certainly feels like it.

The M4 is also missing a silencer and the USP and MP5 are both non existant in game now, there are about 4 different shotguns (lol, yeah as if using a shotty in cs was ever a viable option) and they also have a bunch of crappy pistols added.

Really not liking the new weapons and how inaccurate everything feels.

My mate replaced the menu music with the GO TV channel music, is hilarious when he starts the game. I should give you that version hey reaper? :-P

Edited by nobody813

It certainly feels like it.

The M4 is also missing a silencer and the USP and MP5 are both non existant in game now, there are about 4 different shotguns (lol, yeah as if using a shotty in cs was ever a viable option) and they also have a bunch of crappy pistols added.

Really not liking the new weapons and how inaccurate everything feels.

WHAT! That list is basically all I ever use when I play CT, I sometimes use the Para but that's just cause I like being different and if you get good with the Para you can tear whole teams apart with headshots.

If you do that Noby I may be forced to stab you with a spoon :)

Actually since it's just the beta why not :p

Ehh the speciality of the guns seem to have gone. Like going in with just a deagle used to be a viable option back in source but now you will just die if you don't have a primary.

Ehh the speciality of the guns seem to have gone. Like going in with just a deagle used to be a viable option back in source but now you will just die if you don't have a primary.

Yep, its shit.

I went back onto Source tonight and it was a far better experience.

Ok its still a beta release that everyone is playing ATM, there is some fine tuning to be done, things like the M4 surpressor will be in the full release.

It seems like with all CS releases people are used to the way a game is and dont like/feel comfortable with changes, remember the HUGE shitfight from CS 1.6 players when CS:S came out, it pretty much split the CS community in half. They have changed things and being a New game, you really should not be expecting GO to be a carbon copy of Source/1.6. Iv got over 1800 hours on CS:S and god knows how many hours on 1.6, stopped playing for over 2 years, came back for GO, yes its different, BUT its not that bad (once you get used to the different ways the guns spray and set up your console commands etc) Thats my thoughts but flame on if you need to :)

Be thank full that we dont have to play the "cut" version....... poor Jerry's but funny though..

Ok its still a beta release that everyone is playing ATM, there is some fine tuning to be done, things like the M4 surpressor will be in the full release.

It seems like with all CS releases people are used to the way a game is and dont like/feel comfortable with changes, remember the HUGE shitfight from CS 1.6 players when CS:S came out, it pretty much split the CS community in half. They have changed things and being a New game, you really should not be expecting GO to be a carbon copy of Source/1.6. Iv got over 1800 hours on CS:S and god knows how many hours on 1.6, stopped playing for over 2 years, came back for GO, yes its different, BUT its not that bad (once you get used to the different ways the guns spray and set up your console commands etc) Thats my thoughts but flame on if you need to :)

Dude, its 4 days from release and is already like 6 months overdue.

It should be out of beta by now.

Its a mess and is no more enjoyable or any better than CSS, I mean seriously, its still on the source engine and looks very average and is totally consolised, I mean look at the god damn buy menus for fucks sakes.

People have a reason to feel that GO is a Piece of Shit.

Making a token post here to say I'll be buying the preorder tonight, prolly just so I have it, and get a TF2 gun.

But I'll play anyone when it's released, not gonna bother with the Beta at this point.

Its a mess and is no more enjoyable or any better than CSS, I mean seriously, its still on the source engine and looks very average and is totally consolised, I mean look at the god damn buy menus for fucks sakes.

+1 on all.

+ GO is zero innovation.

I've played CS since it was a mod, and in the early days it was evolving, there were new maps being chucked in there, new objectives, it was genuinely a good game; now it's a stale, stagnant 10 year old joke, really.....

I was hoping they could take it in new directions, reignite the original idea of Counter Strike, make it a little more hardcore, a little more engaging, but no, they just rehash the old anachronism that is the game, the only reason CS played and looked the way it did was because of the limitations of the engine at the time, but it's become gospel, and a trend to dumb down the whole experience.

You can tell by the community though, they are quite content to play the same map ad infinitum; I mean, good luck to them but over a decade playing the same shit doesn't warm to me at all.

+1 on all.

+ GO is zero innovation.

I've played CS since it was a mod, and in the early days it was evolving, there were new maps being chucked in there, new objectives, it was genuinely a good game; now it's a stale, stagnant 10 year old joke, really.....

I was hoping they could take it in new directions, reignite the original idea of Counter Strike, make it a little more hardcore, a little more engaging, but no, they just rehash the old anachronism that is the game, the only reason CS played and looked the way it did was because of the limitations of the engine at the time, but it's become gospel, and a trend to dumb down the whole experience.

You can tell by the community though, they are quite content to play the same map ad infinitum; I mean, good luck to them but over a decade playing the same shit doesn't warm to me at all.

One thing I noticed about GO is how unbalanced the weapons are still, SMGs that are more accurate and deadly over long range than assault rifles, what a joke.

Its actually kind of gotten me back into CSS, which is still far more enjoyable.

Although having said that, the community is still a joke, I get accused of hacking after 5 minutes, playing very average.

CS 1.6 has the best community, but that game hurts my eyes and I cbf getting used to ballistics in it again.

Edited by NukeJockey

I was reading a thread on /v/ last night about CS:GO where somebody had used a console command to make it look like iron sights were being used... but everybody thought it was legit.

Oh god the rage, THE RAGE!

There was a mod for CSS that allowed the use of ironsights, don't remember what it was though. It essentially just changed the view of the gun you were using, so that you were viewing it from directly behind rather than from a side on view.

Yeah pretty much what this looked like... still had crosshairs on screen and everything.

I think CS will always be better without iron sights, Half life I wouldn't mind iron sights because the guns were all so shit as far as bullet spread was concerned.

And CS isn't? Haha... anything but the first bullet is just all over the place.

I think CS will always be better without iron sights, Half life I wouldn't mind iron sights because the guns were all so shit as far as bullet spread was concerned.

Ironsights may have helped evolved the game a bit more with CSGO, but I basically agree with you, with ironsights it wouldn't be Counter Strike anymore, but at the same time atleast it would be different.

And CS isn't? Haha... anything but the first bullet is just all over the place.

CS Ballistics are something you need to get used to, once you learn how the guns work when running/walking/crouched etc. then it won't seem so random.