Greaver

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

And CS isn't? Haha... anything but the first bullet is just all over the place.

Really? I never felt that, always found it pretty easy to land my shots, mind you I wasn't a spray whore like some people are.

CS Ballistics are something you need to get used to, once you learn how the guns work when running/walking/crouched etc. then it won't seem so random.

It would just end up like this grey area of it not being COD,CS or BF though, just a generic FPS with online play and bots.

I've ordered a server to see if I like this anymore when I can kick/ban the faggots that spam the mic and team wound etc.

203.33.121.202:27075 is the IP address, however the host hasn't updated the server yet, so you can't join, it will just kick you back to main menu with a version mismatch message in the console.

Got it and don't mind it so far. I guess they decided not to stray too far from the tree.

I've noticed people basically sniping with P90s which is interesting.

Buy menu still throwing me though...

Edited by Periander

I think I barely have an hour combined for playing CS1.6/CS:S

I downloaded CS:GO last night, but fell asleep before it finished.

Might have a go this weekend.

Do GameArena have CS:GO servers for rent yet?

CS:Go chuggs like Thomas the Tank Engine on my pc.

Granted, I rescued it from the dump.

Waiting for my 6770 (or was it a 7770, can't remember) to arrive to see if it improves.

Will be interesting if they bring cross platform play back into the mix, I'd love to kill PS3 players :)

So far it looks like a long shot, but I have some hope.

My server is now working, would love to see some atomicans getting in there.

Hostname is h.IV+[Classic Competitive] Pantheon e-Sports

IP is 203.33.121.202:27075 you can find the server in the 'browse community servers' menu, or join it via copying the IP and going to the console (~) ingame and typing connect 203.33.121.202:27075

Cheers.

I might buy it this weekend as im away again and will play with you dudes next week.

This may be a usefull command to you guys just put it in the dev console before you do a classic competitive search.

mm_dedicated_search_maxping (then the ping value which you want set to max. Usually i put in 80)

Works for any of the auto searched game types

Been playing in the beta for a few months, figured I was having enough fun to throw down $13 on the proper release.

I've never been hardcore into CS, but have been playing since 1.6.

I find GO fun enough, it doesn't hold my attention like TF2 does, but it's fun in it's own way.

I figure that if you don't like the changes, nothings stopping you from still playing older iterations (heck, Ive seen people still playing CS1.5).

It doesn't feel a great deal different to CS:S. The buy menu is radial rather than a straight up menu, doesn't make enough of a difference to matter to me.

Played the game last night for about an hour (i think) my K/D ration was like, 2/27

I think the game needs more hats.

Hows everyone finding this? I'm really struggling to get used to it. I need to stop playing like its Source and let myself relearn the whole game, but damn thats hard to do.

Hows everyone finding this? I'm really struggling to get used to it. I need to stop playing like its Source and let myself relearn the whole game, but damn thats hard to do.

i have to agree that at first its hard to get used to after 1.6/source, but it feels like iv finally clicked with it and man its fun!

yes Nuke you do have to let go of the old ways and not play GO like you would if it was source/1.6, i just finished watching the 1st GO tournie over at Inferno-Online (sweden) NiP took out the final against BuggIT, 2-0, it was great to see some of the best Pro 1.6/source players (Get_RighT,f0rest,Twist,freilberg etc) back in action!

I am hearing about alot of ex-Pro's getting back into CS because of GO, not only for tournies but also because they are finding it fun to play and really enjoying themselves once again. GO is not perfect, but look how long it took VALVe to get 1.6 to be as good as it was, giving time it will be a great game, the E-sport crowd are really taking to it, esp since 1.6 tournies are pretty much dead and gone, GO looks like it will be a huge E-sport game.

Il check out your server Nuke, always good to hang out with Atomicians ;)

I'm just playing against bots, atm. Having a great time.

Can't wait for the Marvin (Defacto-step-son) to come home so we can have some fun ($13.95US each (I paid, Marv is 13))

We have hours and hours of fun with CS:S, he can shoot me or not. And CS:GO is sooo much better, he is sure to notice.

If I could just get a map cycle setup, so as not to play the same map all the time, without exiting.

Maybe I need to tune-up the Keys (Razor BW. Ult) so I don't have to doo all that clicking to get a different map to start.

Haven't tried lan based competition with bots, and more than one human, yet.

But, after all that, I'm loving it.\

Cheers, Glenn

<edit> more bling, less options, but the gameplay and Bling is good</edit>

Edited by GlennsPref

Started playing last night, Was the most fun i've had in a while. When I play battlefield I have to be serous because I know if I don't do something our team will lose. This was fun because I wasnt that great and i was playing with mates and giving shit to rands.

Look forward to have a few games with you cunts.

I still have a server, although I haven't been playing lately, too addicted to Dark Souls, plus waiting on some decent server side mods to be ported from Source to GO, like Mani admin and ping kicker.

Oh, mani has been ported...time to install metamod and mani on my server.

Haven't quite got the server working yet on win7, and

have migrated C:/Prog.../Steam to my ~/ dir (linux).

Got the server to install and update (linux), but I'm having a bit of trouble with dir names. (like /steamapps being spelt /SteamApps)

Otherwise the game is fun (win7).

If I can I'll get cs:go to change maps at the end of a round.

seems to me, that with both systems there is some ambiguation with the install instructions. Something official would be good.

But aside from that, I'm having fun with 30 rounds(first to 16 wins) I just wish it would change to a differnet map, or give a choice at the end of the round.

I've been checking out the scripts, eg. gamemodes-server.txt.example and the game files in /cfg

Looks promising for modifying and having fun at a lan party, or just 1 + me and 23(or so, map limit to 32) bots (VAC validation, of course, not that that matters on my lan).

I rarely play online, and in the old-days when I had (still got it) CS:CZ, the network delay was tooo long/bad to play along.

I got used to bots.

Looking forward to it though.

I like it

Played the game last night for about an hour (i think) my K/D ration was like, 2/27

I think the game needs more hats.

youre soo good.

where do you play?

Edited by GlennsPref

Hey Glennspref,

If you want the map to change at the end of the round, make sure you specify what map cycle you want (eg. mg_bomb for all the de maps in classic competitive) you'll also need to add mapcycledisabled 0 and

mp_match_end_restart 0 to the server.cfg to disable map restarting at the end of a round.

You should be able to do it with the command line when you start the server up, for classic competitive, it should look something like this:

./srcds_run -game csgo -console -usercon +game_type 0 +game_mode 1 +mapgroup mg_bomb +map de_dust

That should start the server in classic competitive, with the DE group of maps in rotation, on dust by default.

check this out for more info: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Co...dicated_Servers