lorddalvidiii

A wireless+lan repeater?

I know plenty of routers have repeater functions, but what I need is something that not only repeates the wireless signal, but lets me continue the LAN off it. Is this a feature available in your average everyday household repeaters, or is there some specific gear I can buy?

What exactly do you want to do?

He wants to buy a wireless+lan repeater...FFS man, read between the lines.

Any wireless access point that has, and is in WDS* mode, and with the routing functions disabled (firewall, DHCP server) should do it. Do note however there is often problems using WDS between different brands of wireless hardware.

*WDS = Wireless distribution service

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_Distribution_System

As moist said what exactly are you trying to do?

I was looking at the e series and the n600, but didn't want to spend the money on the off chance that it would work.

Sorry if my original description was a little vague. What I wanted to do was continue my existing LAN in another room of my house, that has devices that aren't wi-fi enabled and is too far to run cable without having to drill holes and the like. I decided powerline was the best route, and it's been working perfectly.

Thanks for all the suggestions, though.

Edited by lorddalvidiii

I guess the OP was asking if there was a wireless unit that had a network switch in it.

Which basically describes most routers, if you disable the routing ability of them you're left with a switch with an antenna on it for wireless :)