Sign in to follow this  
justin105

What CPU Cooler do you use

Hey,

Just wondering on the types of CPU coolers everyone uses and there specs on each, how much difference does each one make.

Stock 775 cooler for me, I just never got around to buying an aftermarket one because of lack of local stock at the time. I'm about to get either a Noctua D14 for a good price, or an Antec Kuhler 920.

Just upgraded to D14 so my girlfriends comp could have my U12P-SE - temps are better by about 7 degrees at the moment but both are light years ahead of stock cooling. The D14 even bests the corsair H70.

Just upgraded to D14 so my girlfriends comp could have my U12P-SE - temps are better by about 7 degrees at the moment but both are light years ahead of stock cooling. The D14 even bests the corsair H70.

Yeah, I'm going to look for some good tests between them all, could save me fitty bucks.

Settled on a 620 I think, for the decent price of $85. Still cools almost as good as the $150 920. Still undecided whether I want to upgrade in two parts - cool and OC my current CPU with new GPU and SSD now, then get new CPU/mobo/ram/psu and case in like a month or two depending on how effective the interim upgrade is. Or just do it all now for over twice the price right now.

The cooler i use is ancient, but still 50x better then stock cooler: Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme R/T2 (version with Am3 brackets only) + Thermalright VenomousX 1155/1156/1366 Universal Bracket

storm g5 waterblock made in au with a silver base plate

probably not the best performing block any more but i have been using it since my p4 3.2e

in a loop with two gpu blocks a 355 pump and a 4x120 rad with four scythe gt fans two 1440rpm and two 1850rpm

keeps the 2600k nice and cool

Im looking at getting a new cpu cooler but dont no if i should go for the d14 or the 12 i think it is. D14 is just massive.

Noctua U12P SE14

Awesome cooler, really big though. Had to remove the plastic screen crap out of the Antec 900 window just to get the side panel on.

Zalman CNPS9900 Max was 2nd choice but really wanted

Thermaltake SpinQ VT CPU Cooler, because it look cool.

He he.

Thermalright Macho. Big, works well, no problems with ram slot clearance and quiet to boot.

Using stock Intel cooler for a Core 2 Duo E4300 1.8 GHz @ 2.88 GHz, currently at 25 degrees celcius.

Aywun RADI V6 with the stock fan removed and replaced by a Nexus Real Silent fan.

Apogee GTZ

Koolance RP-1000BK res + pump 5.25" bay device

EK full cover block for HD6990

3/8" ID tubing

Dual RX360 rads