Sign in to follow this  
justin105

What CPU Cooler do you use

Apogee XT

2x Swiftech MCW80 on GPUs

XSPC 355 Bay Res with Swifty MCP355 pump

XSPC RX240 and XSPC RX360 Radiators

7/16" ID Tubing

Ok I have taken into thought of going D14 for sure.

My question is I came accross the Antec and Corsair all in 1 watercooling setups.

• Antec KUHLER H2O 920 CPU Cooler
  • Corsair Hydro Series H70 CPU Cooler
  • Corsair Hydro Series H80 CPU Cooler
I was wondering if anyone is running these and assuming these would fit into my case with my PSU being at the top of my ZALMAN ZMachine1000 case if they would be any better then running a D14 and if there are any benchmarks anyone has if they could post them.

Im overclocking just as yet as im worried about temps and all but idle is still quiet high at a Ambiant Temp of 18°c the CPU is running at 40°c underload using my Zalman CPU cooler now.

I Turbo cored my AMD 1090T to 3.6 and got around 36°-40° and underload was running 45°-46° playing BFBC2.

If anyone has any tips on the above water cooling setups please post up your comment. Just dont know which way to go either Noctua D14 or one of these Watercooling setups.

Thanks

Edited by justin105

The h70 works well ,not too bad to install

just fit the rad first ... then fit the cpu brackets LOOSLY , then fit the cpu block and tighten yeah?

youll see what i mean

my rig below sits around 22-29* idle

and 45-50* load @ 4ghz

grab a tube of artic silver and a H70 and youll be as happy as pie :)

The h70 works well ,not too bad to install

just fit the rad first ... then fit the cpu brackets LOOSLY , then fit the cpu block and tighten yeah?

youll see what i mean

my rig below sits around 22-29* idle

and 45-50* load @ 4ghz

grab a tube of artic silver and a H70 and youll be as happy as pie :)

Hey Thats Great thanks for that st8smn

I will look into them and do some research. I got about an inch from where my rear 120mm fan to my PSU is so not sure if it will fit. See below images and let me know if you think the H70 will fit. If it does ill look at getting that :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by justin105

Any of them will fit fine in your case.

I've got a Antec KUHLER H2O 920 fantastic piece of kit and performs slightly better then the H70 can be had for around a $100 on ebay aswell.

I've got a Antec KUHLER H2O 920 fantastic piece of kit and performs slightly better then the H70 can be had for around a $100 on ebay aswell.

I just got mine for $85 cos they sent me a 920 instead of a 620 :D

Loving it. Though I just about died when I set it to Extreme, holy shit it's loud. Silent is... silent. Will try overclocking the pants off my E8400 sometime.

I just got mine for $85 cos they sent me a 920 instead of a 620 :D

Loving it. Though I just about died when I set it to Extreme, holy shit it's loud. Silent is... silent. Will try overclocking the pants off my E8400 sometime.

Swap the fans :P

Hey do you mind posting up the dimensions of the fan unit. As i said above in my last post that i only have 1 Inch or a little more from my rear 120mm fan to my PSU unit. I dont want to go out buy it and then work out it wont fit hahaha.

I have also asked st8smn for his H70 dimensions so just working out the one that could possibly fit haha.

Cant wait im excitied hahaha first watercooling system :)

Radiator Dimensions:

- 5.6" (H) x 4.7" (W) x 1.9" (D) /

- 151 mm (H) x 120 mm (W) x 49 mm (D)

Fan Dimensions:

- 4.7" x 1.0" / 120 mm x 25 mm

Air Flow:

- 110.0 CFM

Noise Level:

- 27.4 dBA

(^as taken form the Antec website^)

The only thing that turned me off getting one of these is that on "silent" mode it performed a few degrees worse than the D14 and on high it performed a few degrees better but was substantially more noisy. I think you'll find though that its the best all in one cooler you can get - if silence is an issue for you too you may be able to change the fans but one of the problems is the radiators density so high rpm fans are kinda needed to force the air through.

Edited by UberPenguin

Recommendations - H50 or KUHLER H2O 620?

Price-wise they are about the same

ok sorry about the delay

from the top mounting holes for the 120mm case fan, it is 1 inch to the top of the rad

i cant get an exact measurement cause of the way iv fitted it in my case

so without pulling out a square and a straight edge its 25mm by eye

ok sorry about the delay

from the top mounting holes for the 120mm case fan, it is 1 inch to the top of the rad

i cant get an exact measurement cause of the way iv fitted it in my case

so without pulling out a square and a straight edge its 25mm by eye

Ahh ok not to sure if it will fit haha. hmm bloody thing hahaha. Ill just have to buy 1 and see if not LOOK LIKE CASE MODDING :)

At the moment I am using a TRUE black 120 with two Noctua fans attached to it in a push-pull configuration.

Once I get a Bulldozer based octocore I am going to go with one an XSPC RS240 water cooling kit. I should JUST be able to fit it all in my case without too much hassle, Though I will have to mount either the fans or radiator externally which is annoying.

This is my setup for cooling the CPU and GPU. (Thanks to the many forum members who helped me out with it!)

CPU Block: XSPC Rasa

Radiator: EK Coolstream 360

GPU Block: EK-FC580 Nickel + Acetal

Pump: Swiftek MCP655

Hosing: 7/16″ Primochill White

Barbs: 1/2″ Barbs