Sign in to follow this  
PROPHET-X

i need a mod

i am having trouble locating and reapplying my avatar, i have been here since issue 2 and had the same avatar, but your silly atomic upgrades wiped my pic and i can't work out how to get it back, if i could find it (i have done some upgrades myself and i think the pic was on my old rigs).

it was the weird kind of man head called eddie from iron maiden i think, with the atomic square on his forhead if any of you old boys and girls remember?

maybe a mod can just magic it back into my profile for me? pleeeeeeeese?

and would i be right in saying im one of the oldest, lowest ranked atomicans still about?

i had a crack and got this ...

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

The upload failed. Please contact a member of staff to help rectify the problem

i had a crack and got this ...

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

The upload failed. Please contact a member of staff to help rectify the problem

Many of us have had this issue and hosted our av to photobucket or the like - try that way.

AHAHAHHAAHHA HAHAHA HAHAH HE LIVES

cheers.

i need to put another pic on the net for the other post (whats your latest purchase) where do i do that?

No offense dude,

but when I check my email and see that someone has rtmed a thread called "I need a mod", it means I drop what I'm doing and go check it.

Maybe next time, call the thread something like "help with my avatar"? And put it in website feedback?

G'night.

cheers.

i need to put another pic on the net for the other post (whats your latest purchase) where do i do that?

Personally I use Photobucket.

cheers.

Fuck yeah, Photobucket. I've been using it for about 7 years. I occasionally go back and look at all the crap I uploaded way back when.

It always annoys me when people embed Imgur pics, because my Firefox refuses to display them. So unless I can guess there's an imbedded pic in the post and I click reply and copy and paste the link, I'll never know there was a pic to see.

No offense dude,

but when I check my email and see that someone has rtmed a thread called "I need a mod", it means I drop what I'm doing and go check it.

Maybe next time, call the thread something like "help with my avatar"? And put it in website feedback?

G'night.

Thread title, sure, but it doesn't exactly make sense for someone to put a non feedback thread in a feedback forum.

No offense dude,

G'night.

Thread title, sure, but it doesn't exactly make sense for someone to put a non feedback thread in a feedback forum.

Oh, but it does.

Threads relating to problems with forum functionality should be in feedback.

It's asking for help more than it's providing feedback, so not hard to see why a new or out of date user might brush over a feedback forum. Call the forum Atomic Help & Feedback and you'll have to deal with a few less misplaced threads.

I see where you are coming from.

I also guess that "Site, Forum or Magazine - It's your turn " would suggest that it's the right place to provide feedback that "The ability to change one's avatar seems to be broken" would also apply.

But yeah, the term "help" wouldn't go astray. I just don't see it as being that ambiguous but I guess it depends on the way someone is thinking when they encounter a problem. Are they looking for help or reporting a problem.

Edited by The Tick

cheers.

Fuck yeah, Photobucket. I've been using it for about 7 years. I occasionally go back and look at all the crap I uploaded way back when.

It always annoys me when people embed Imgur pics, because my Firefox refuses to display them. So unless I can guess there's an imbedded pic in the post and I click reply and copy and paste the link, I'll never know there was a pic to see.

Also like it for the stats, quite interesting to see where some images end up being linked, and how many people view some of your pictures. I still get people looking through my HSC major work for art. Though I want to know there is still around 1000 views a month of a screenshot of QWOP..