TheFrunj

[Vita...kinda] Anyone interested in getting this at launch?

Was browsing DX and saw this device that somewhat resembles the Sony Vita, but comes with Game Boy Advance games preloaded and a $50 price tag. Many lols were had:

Posted Image

To its credit it also comes with a calculator, just in case you got your mobile phone 20 years ago.

For some content I'm wondering how many are interested in actually purchasing the handheld when it launches? It's rumoured to be sub-$400, with a quadcore ARM9 processor and some unknown graphics unit that appears more than beefy enough. Most interesting to me is the giant OLED screen for media; though I'm not entirely sold on having yet another device to carry around just yet.

Anyone getting the Vita at launch? The real one!

I will provably get. Citation, but I wont carry it around I.will do all my gaming on it at home . The deciding factor for me wont be the hardware tho, moreso the games and so far they look good.

Regarding that ripoff doover, save your pennies and just buy one of these or these. They're very good.

As for the Vita, I think it was in the E3 thread where it seemed there was some excitement for it (kinda like at Gamescom at the moment - they had to shut their doors yesterday!).

I dunno, by the time my keys, wallet and phone hit their respective pockets, I don't feel either a need or desire to have a device that can only play games in another pocket as well. I've always said that if I spent any time on public transport then a device like this would complement perfectly, but I don't. The appeal of gaming at home (which let's face it, is where 99% of all my gaming takes place anyway) is not quiet enough to justify the price tag, whether it be $300 or $400 when it gets here. $200 would be pause for thought though (and a pipe dream in the beginning at least).

I'd gladly win a Vita though!

I dunno, by the time my keys, wallet and phone hit their respective pockets, I don't feel either a need or desire to have a device that can only play games in another pocket as well. I've always said that if I spent any time on public transport then a device like this would complement perfectly, but I don't.

Yeah, that's similar to what I was thinking. Even gaming on public transport is annoying; I found that going into work it was fine beause I could grab a seat and just game until my stop, but on the way back it was much harder because there were no seats at all. Hard to balance and avoid people leaving the train and game effectively.

Man, it does look like a Vita except missing the Sony word on the device.

Yeah - Sony's logo is on the box instead. Amusingly it also says "Ceramic White" like the current PSP, but the unit itself is black and is pictured as such!

Regarding that ripoff doover, save your pennies and just buy one of these or these. They're very good.

Haha ive got one of those A320s. They are really good if your into some of the older titles.

Man, it does look like a Vita except missing the Sony word on the device.

Yeah - Sony's logo is on the box instead. Amusingly it also says "Ceramic White" like the current PSP, but the unit itself is black and is pictured as such!

Personally i don't know why Sony calls their stuff "Ceramic" White.

And also I would prefer black on my Vita instead of white. Sure i get people like the color white but for me it's so easy to notice dirtiness on a white handheld and having it noticed on a deluxe novelty portable gaming device is just not on for me. Black just seems like a tough colour for me. O_O

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I'll probably get the real one, but not this. I'm getting one because I want my self to be entertained and not to frown over a piece of junk. lol