Sign in to follow this  
te0p

ASUS PA246Q screen, is it available in australia

The ASUS PA246Q Looks like a really good monitor, great specs etc... also well reviewed.

Is this available here? i cant find it anywhere here?

Also what are peoples thoughts on this monitor? any good?

Asus PA246Q review at cnet

Or alternativly what is the best 24" monitor going around? I would buy the Dell UltraSharp U2410 but it probably just strecthing what i want to spend..

I am willing to spend up to $400 my last monitor i have had for 2 years.... So the $599 dell wants is just a bit much (unlees anyone can supply them cheaper.)

So any reccomendations?

Wow.... it is quite pricey. Hmmm. I have some more thinking to do.

Asus is okay. Have you tried Samsung monitor or Acer? They are good also based on my experience.

The Samsung Syncmaster appears to be well received for the price... but it is more HDTV than a monitor. I dont need that. Acer i dont much about.

Currently own a AOC.

Anyone with any suggestions at or below $400? It is wierd because everything seems to cap at $300 and then jump into the $500 bracket.

Asus is okay. Have you tried Samsung monitor or Acer? They are good also based on my experience.

The Samsung Syncmaster appears to be well received for the price... but it is more HDTV than a monitor. I dont need that. Acer i dont much about.

Currently own a AOC.

Anyone with any suggestions at or below $400? It is wierd because everything seems to cap at $300 and then jump into the $500 bracket.

below 400?

how about a Dell U2411M?

E-IPS,1920x1200,DVI,DP etc

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/product...&redirect=1

$399 normally but cheaper with discounts.

reports ive read its really good at gaming and other stuff.

Currently own a AOC.

The reason for the price jump is that you then go to IPS panels, which offer high resolution 1920X1200 instead of (for the lower priced panels) 1920X1080.

So if you are after a 1080 panel then IMHO you cannot go past the Asus, There is no need to spend $400 on a 1080 panel it will gain you nothing.

Asus VS248H 24" 2ms wide LED w/DSUB DVI-D HDMI Internet Price: $228.00 (Out of stock ATM).

Or this LG which is also good buying,

LG W2486L 24" LED Backlight Wide16:9, 2ms, 2xHDMI, DVI Internet Price: $249.00

Currently own a AOC.

The reason for the price jump is that you then go to IPS panels, which offer high resolution 1920X1200 instead of (for the lower priced panels) 1920X1080.

So if you are after a 1080 panel then IMHO you cannot go past the Asus, There is no need to spend $400 on a 1080 panel it will gain you nothing.

Asus VS248H 24" 2ms wide LED w/DSUB DVI-D HDMI Internet Price: $228.00 (Out of stock ATM).

Or this LG which is also good buying,

LG W2486L 24" LED Backlight Wide16:9, 2ms, 2xHDMI, DVI Internet Price: $249.00

Yeh the guy im buying through reccomended that Asus you have listed there. I was considering that one.

But i have since changed my mind....im ging for a 27" monitor and i am farily set on the new Samsung:

http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/pc-peri...&returnurl=

I can get it for $528 when it gets here in Septemeber. it has 120hz, 2ms 27" and 3d for shits and giggles.

I dont like the stand much as it dosnt look very adjustable....but for the price V size and features with the new 3d i cant pass it up.

We should really do dedicated LCD monitor thread....like a thread dedicated to 27" and one to 24" showing the best monitors...take the research out of it as alot of people seem to be looking for advice on the monitors.