unclebigdave

Who picked up a HP touchpad @ firesale pricing?

I grabbed a 32g for $149, I don't mind the OS actually, not sure if I'd go android (touchdroid) on it.

anyone else score one ? Waddya reckon?

pros.. Best facebook app, account integration - single sign on, the HP apps store has gone off in the last 2 days, overclocking tools - to 1.5ghz .battery life

cons... No hdmi or USB host, needs a dual core (although turning off logging improved multitasking noticeably)

I did, also a 32GB unit.

I'm rather enjoying it (that turning off logging trick worked wonders for speed increases)

I'm pretty sure I'll drop Android on it once it's feasible, though...not because of any gripes with WebOS, but simply because there's more development being done on 'Droid and looks like there will be for a while, where with HPs shelving of WebOS, developers aren't likely to step up to a dying/dead OS.

Still, it reads my comics and is great for sofa web-browsing and Facebooking. Pretty happy with it for the price!

Don't you worry; there'll be people working extra hard to make that happen. Some people bought that device just because it probably would run Android.

Edited by edmund.tse

Picked up a 32 gb model, using it for couch and bed surfing. I'd like a vnc client and some video codec support for streaming and a document editor. For the most part it works well but I don't know why they were asking $600 for it originally.

For those with dual core Android tablets how does it stack up in terms of performance and fluidity, would definitely like some more functionality.