Sign in to follow this  
rubik

25GHz CPU

I saw this in a JB HIFI catalog. Apparently the i5-2400S runs at 25GHz

Posted Image

Buahaha, awesome is that on the box for the pc or is that JBs advertisement?

In their Advertisement. Looks like someone forgot a decimal place.

I have seen plenty of

500GHZ/MHZ HDD's!

2GB processors!

and other weird typos on some of the smaller pc stores over the years, now that i think of it, none of those stores are still in business now >.>

lol... I wonder how fast it could be. Maybe 5 years from now it's possible.

Doubt it. They'd be shrinking processes and adding more cores.

naah the real giggle is when they advertise 'Fast Intel CPU! 4GB RAM! 2GB high proformance graphics card!' .. The CPU turns out to be a i3, theres 4 GB of ram.. But that 4 GB is shared with a onboard intel GPU. The Horror!

It's a bloody disgrace. With all the false advertising laws you'd think some government up & comer would start sueing people over this. Oh well.

Had friends that have bought this kind of machine (much to my adament opposition i might add!), because the sales nut said the machine would be great at running computer games! Why isn't there some legislation saying that if you advertise a computer as being 'Gaming Ready' or 'High proformance' that it has to actually BE HIGH PROFORMANCE! At LEAST an i5 w/ midrange dedicated graphics? Not the 'its got a dedicated graphics but its the cheapest card we could find!'

Anyone else feel like this? I don't like seeing people get ripped off and then given the short stick when they call up and complain that yes, their computer works, but its so slow it won't do what they ask of it.

--

Everything here i know could be fixed by just making custom PCs. Most people won't ask for a custom machine out of fear of lack of warranty / fear of the unknown. We all know the type of people.

^^

if you want warranty and a good PC then just get a good reiable shop (not a smal corner shop,but a big one like PC case gear,CA,umart etc?)

thats what i did anyway and i can upgrade whenever i like as long as i buy parts from the shop i got my rig from its still in warranty!

win/win really!

:D

Edited by jdog

I'd like one of those please (y)

btw, bulldozer managed to overclock to ~8.4Ghz. we're not too far off...

Guest xyzzy frobozz

naah the real giggle is when they advertise 'Fast Intel CPU! 4GB RAM! 2GB high proformance graphics card!' .. The CPU turns out to be a i3, theres 4 GB of ram.. But that 4 GB is shared with a onboard intel GPU. The Horror!

It's a bloody disgrace. With all the false advertising laws you'd think some government up & comer would start sueing people over this. Oh well.

Had friends that have bought this kind of machine (much to my adament opposition i might add!), because the sales nut said the machine would be great at running computer games! Why isn't there some legislation saying that if you advertise a computer as being 'Gaming Ready' or 'High proformance' that it has to actually BE HIGH PROFORMANCE! At LEAST an i5 w/ midrange dedicated graphics? Not the 'its got a dedicated graphics but its the cheapest card we could find!'

Anyone else feel like this? I don't like seeing people get ripped off and then given the short stick when they call up and complain that yes, their computer works, but its so slow it won't do what they ask of it.

--

Everything here i know could be fixed by just making custom PCs. Most people won't ask for a custom machine out of fear of lack of warranty / fear of the unknown. We all know the type of people.

+1 for high proformance. We could all do with a little higher proformance in our lives. In fact, I'm going to do some proformance traing myself.

MORE PROFORMANCE!

When threads are still on the 1st page of the sub forum from Oct last year, it can be easy to do, especially if you're new here.

When threads are still on the 1st page of the sub forum from Oct last year, it can be easy to do, especially if you're new here.

I suppose, this section isn't exactly high traffic.