Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
segger

Need another geek!

The company I work for is in need of another full-time geek as our project list (and consequently, number of managed networks) is overflowing. We're a small company with a focus on design & management of large corporate networks - particularly WAN and wireless (class licenced and licenced microwave) for mining and construction clients.

We have two Atomicans working here so why not shoot for a third.

We need someone with intermediate to advanced network skills - experience with mining companies and large corporates is a bonus. I'll leave out all the usual gory job advertisement bullshit. (team players, dynamic innovative companies, needing staff due to explosive growth... the kinda stuff that makes marketroids spooge their Calvin Klein hipsters). If you have the right skillset and mindset, you'll be useful and at home!

The individual needs a sense of humour (and ability to tolerate me) and right level of tact.

If this job description arouses you and you're in Brisbane, please PM me or reply here.

Edited by segger

Hey Segger

You may remember a fresh faced looking kid at an atomic meet some time ago. i've been working in the mining/ engineering industry for the last year and a bit.

mind pming me a PD with possible remuneration? The company I work for has recently out sourced IT services to HP and I've been made an offer to come across but I'd like to look at possible options.

cheers

are you looking for someone with specific qualifications, or just some hobo willing to be trained?

Apologies for the delayed reply... I've been a little busy because we haven't hired anyone yet :-p

mudg3 yeah I think i remember you. Will PM you some info.

smadge - not looking for specific qualifications. Need someone with a good head (troubleshooting capability and ability to learn new, sometimes complex systems) and sense of humour (ok the last requirement is probably mine, not the company's). If you or someone else have a bit of experience and this capability then training isn't too much of an issue. I don't think we'll have 'hobo' on a position description any time soon though.

garlic - yes. We have a wide range of work which needs to be done so anyone with a skill level in the CCNA to CCNP type range would be suitable. Would you like to work with me?

I'm a young IT business owner with fulltime and contract experience, familiar with AD and exchange migrations and would love to get into networking. My sense of humour is only dwarfed by my penis size (take that whichever way you will).

It's your fault I'm based in Sydney. But for a job like that, I'd be willing to re-locate.

My sense of humour is only dwarfed by my penis size (take that whichever way you will).

Take what whichever way I will? Your statement, your sense of humour or your penis?