Sign in to follow this  
argotha

COD vs BF Article

So I just finished reading said article and I am fucking impressed!

That was an utterly awesome read. That thing spoke to me, no.. not in the way that I am going to go seize the day.. but in the sense that I was sitting down listening to this guy speak about the triumphs and failures of games he loved [and/or hated].

Surely you would expect something so informal to be as in depth as two little old ladies sitting in a bus shelter discussing the weather, but its not! Its clear that alot of thought has gone into this piece and although it flows as well as a conversation does, it is also clearly not written as a once off ramble [unlike this post].

Okay, so I may also be a little biased because there were also a bunch of parts that I did connect with. Having missed out on alot of those games and the online experiences [curse you, still living at home!], I've still been searching for that rich online experience that was so well described. Those times when people just worked well together, but also where a thought out strategy over a large area was needed, then people to take that strategy and try succeed without also succeeding in earning extra breathing holes.

I think I might just go buy the next BF...

Bad Company 2 can have that teamwork magic if you squad up with mates. It can also have that teamworkness on the rare occasion of encountering randoms. But it can get pretty rare these days.

Many people classify themselves as one-man armies.

I really enjoyed the article too, couldnt agree more with Dave's little addition about 2142 :) Thanks for another great edition!

I agree, great article...but:

But it is criminal that you didn't play COD 4's multiplayer as it was MUCH better than Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer (maps, balance, the people playing it etc)

Many people classify themselves as one-man armies.

someone mention my name?

But it is criminal that you didn't play COD 4's multiplayer as it was MUCH better than Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer (maps, balance, the people playing it etc)

yea COD4 was the last great MP experience for me.

This, you can't write a comparison article when you haven't played one of the more important MP FPS' of our generation!

Especially when comparing BF SP to COD SP is like comparing a Lamborghini to a Hyundai Xcel!

This, you can't write a comparison article when you haven't played one of the more important MP FPS' of our generation!

Remember, though, this was not so much a comparison article, as one person's experience of both games. It's a very subjective piece - if Josh had made something up about playing CoD4 when he didn't, it wouldn't be all that honest an article, would it?