hulkster

Crime rates and you.

It seems crime rates haven't changed a lot in recent years. Just the types of crimes that seem to be changing with more on line stuff.

So, it got me to wondering, have you ever been assaulted, robbed or burgled?

Have you ever commited an assault ( NOT self defence) robbery or burglary?

I have had my car broken into twice over my 47 years on the planet.

I was assaulted at 16 by a 35 year old with a shotgun.

I have been threatened plenty of times.

What about you?

I left my car unlocked for the first time ever a few months ago, and someone stole the spare change and a fuel card.

Makes me wonder how often they come on my property and check to see if it's open...

Been threatened a bunch of times. Been pushed a bunch of times. Been in a fights a bunch of times. All when I was bouncing... er... working venue security at the Goodna RSL.

I've been broken into a few times. twice into my house and once into my car. all in a 4 month period I was living in western brisbane/ipswich.

I once or twice stole playboys by putting them inside car magazines I bought. Anything when your too young / embarrassed to buy them and need a wank. back before the internet.

I had an ipod nano stolen from one car one time when I left it unlocked on my driveway, on a positive note the thief was a complete moron as they took the sennheiser headphones out and stole the apple ones from the glove box. I now lock my car religiously although my wife doesn't lock hers.

I try and not leave anything in the car worth stealing anymore either though.

Work gets broken into every second year

Windows get broken every 6 months

Scammers ring my phone alot

Edited by TheManFromPOST

Had my car broken into. Someone tried to steal the graphic equaliser: broke the shelf and a couple of the wires instead.

Some drongo tried to break into the house as well - by means of smashing in one of the windows downstairs. The double-thickness laminated windows. While we were home. Sounded like an explosion, and the window didn't allow admittance of air, let alone a stoned burglar.

Mum, otoh, has been held up at gunpoint. Her reaction? Yell at them, tell them off for depriving many people of their livelihoods, and hitting one of them with a stickytape dispenser! And then telling him off for breaking it! o.O The cops who turned up later on just about swallowed their teeth, and then said "Please don't do that again." And, just to continue the family tradition of being unrecorded, despite there being camera crews turn up shortly after the cops, nothing turned up in the news.

A few ignored threats, a couple of attempted muggings, a couple of weeks being stalked by a certified nutter with a knife, wallet from a pack and one house breakin.

A fair few assaults by patients with 2 workers comp.

Worst of all are folks using my cup at work or stealing my food from the fridge. :{( Bastards !!

Aside from some dickless cunt keying my car (a random act, rather than overtly malicious), I've been fortunate enough to avoid any crime that extends beyond school bullying.

there's virtually no crime around where I live now (Balmain), none that I've witnessed, or heard of, anyway

which is a breath of fresh air after living at Glebe and Chippendale for years.....

Never stole anything, except for once when I was 3 I stole a bag of movies.

Also today I saw someone on the road that had been hit by a car, I later found out she was in my school, year 12.

Bought some weed once and it wasn't any good.

You're supposed to smoke it, not snort it.

Posted Image

Once I smashed a car window but it was much harder than I thought, I had to upgrade from a rock to a brick and the fucker still bounced off a few times. I haven't locked my keys in since though. $25 for a replacement window.

Edited by exlex

Had a dude walk into our bedroom a couple months ago while i was asleep, gf woke me up n chased him out. He got off with a netbook and my wallet i left on a desk.

All up i think almost 10 robberies at various places over the last few years -.-

.... another ex of mine set my car on fire in the middle of the night lol

Bought some weed once and it wasn't any good.

You're supposed to smoke it, not snort it.

Posted Image

I don't know why I found this so funny.

had a massive rant but figured it best not to post it. So to sum it up:

The crux of it is, I live in Ballarat. Fucking Ballarat. Overpopulated with criminal fuckers with a legal system more than happy to release them early ... so they can reoffend earlier...

heard on the radio today crime is apparently down 9.5% here. Someone has been fudging the figures.

Had someone try to break into my car about 15 years ago, but didn't get in, only damaged the lock. Not generally worried about such things, my car is often left unlocked in the driveway sometimes with the window down and never had anything nicked. Currently on holidays and about a month ago in peru, have had the only significant crime which was getting a bag of camera gear nicked along with some other people's bags from a storage locker on our truck.

When I was really young (about 7-8), I was holding onto a wallet and didnt realise this lady snatching it right off me. I noticed my wallet was gone once I got home o.o

Edited by dudemans

I have been in a fight which lead to criminal conviction but thats it. Nothing else happens in my life which is good.

had a massive rant but figured it best not to post it. So to sum it up:

The crux of it is, I live in Ballarat. Fucking Ballarat. Overpopulated with criminal fuckers with a legal system more than happy to release them early ... so they can reoffend earlier...

heard on the radio today crime is apparently down 9.5% here. Someone has been fudging the figures.

I live there too.I haven't been personally affected by crime though a street away I've heard of tools being stolen and a car being broken into. I'm a bit surprised tbh because I think my house looks like a really easy target. Been here 3 years though and haven't had any incidents, fingers crossed :P