Lord Dread

Cant post on article comments

as title says, tried to post on the world of tank article and i keep getting

"There was an error with your submission. Please make sure you are actually logged in."

ive tried logging out from both article page and forums, refreshing, relogging, nuthen seems to work.

What browser are you using? Obviously, others are commenting fine, so this is an odd one. Are you able to comment on other articles?

i cant comment on any of the new articles either.

and i dont even see the box to comment in or see other comments.

im using firefox 4.01

:(

Edited by jdog

When did this start happening, jdog?

it started yesterday when i tryed to post on your awesome WoT tips post.

Worked fine before then.

EDIT: The issue seems to be disques not showing up... i tryed it on IE and the comments showed up and disques said "you have to log in to post comments"

not sure if its a setting i have or something else..

Edited by jdog

im using opera 11.51, just updated from the last version to see if it helped, to which it didnt, this is the first time ive found an article that's worth my input (that is i actualy have something useful to say other then wow thats nice.)

i just used some really old version of chrome and it let me post, i cant even work out how to find the chrome version number (one of the reason i hated it so much..nuthen is that easy to find with it)

Edit; apperantly its version 13.0.782.218 m .. which is upto date?? ..not that i ever remember giving chrome permission to update..

Edited by Lord Dread

A dev has been pointed at the issue. Apparently there were some Disqus problems the other day, so this may be related.

So i took two screenshots to show the issue:

Comment section working (IE9):

Posted Image

and firefox 4.01:

Posted Image

EDIT:fixed

Edited by jdog

ctl+shift+print screen....

my bad...

fixed.

Edited by jdog

using IE 7 at work and also unable to comment the last few days, no problems at home though.

I assumed it was just because our SOE/IE7 is pretty out of date but caught a glimpse of this thread and just thought i would give it a mention.

edit: update, basically I click on 'add comment' or 'add reply' and the text box appears, with the text 'Please Wait...' but never becomes editable, and this, unable to comment.

Edited by p0is(+)n

WOOT!!!

i fixed it!

turned out that disqus is on the bug list of the firefox add on i have installed called "ghostry.

So if any other uses have it then to make comments work you have go into ghostry opitions and scroll down to the bug list and de-select disqus and then click save.

it works!

hope tyhat may help anyone who is having the same issue!

I tried that and was seriously thinking that it was gonna work. I was gonna make a thank you post to you jdog but then it didn't work.

Ghostry doesn't block disqus or anything from the atomic site and yet when i browse articles. I'm logged in and can see other people's comments.

It's just that there's no comment box for me to write anything. I click comment now on the top of the article and it shows me the bottom page. That's all.

have you got updated versions of browser?

Yes it is updated to the latest.

But whether it's BETA or the actual release I'm not too sure.

I'll have a look when I get home.