Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Dasa

HD7000 rumors

Are they USD or AUD?

Can't say I am surprised though, AMD must be making hardly anything on these cards though and relying on their OEM GPU's to bring in the cash.

Might grab a HD 7850 if that's the case, though I always say I'm gonna upgrade and never get around to it :-P

If you don't need to though probably not much point.

Might grab a HD 7850 if that's the case, though I always say I'm gonna upgrade and never get around to it :-P

If you don't need to though probably not much point.

My GTX 275 is getting very long in the tooth. Most of the games I'm playing these days require me to heavily drop the graphics settings. I tested a mates GTX 570 a while back and everything I play ran so smoothly

Nes it's USD and who knows I doubt they'd drop it to the point they'd be getting Jack shit, and we should be seeing similar price drops here I guess.

Nobody I honestly say spend extra and go for a 7870 it's last you much longer or even a 7950 or gtx 670 both are brilliant

It would be interesting what their costs per card are though, last I knew 28nm was still pretty bad for yields and quite expensive per wafer.

well the cheapest 7970/7950/7870 were at those prices in au before this price drop was even announced

and i have a little hope that 7870 may drop closer to $200 after that special where they were $199 for about 5 seconds till they had sold out

Yeah I saw that special Dasa I was actually tempted to buy one, it was a HIS Turbo 1100mhz OC 7870, I blinked and it was gone lol...

If anyone is interested and lives close to an msy store, they are selling the 7970 for $389....that is seriously a fucking steal. If you're in the process of upgrading, dont look past it.

AMD Catalyst 12.11 drivers are out and wow the performance is increase is very very impressive. Anyone with an 7000 series AMD card will rejoice (especially 7800s and 7900s) Gaming at the higher resolutions in particular now AMD really are starting to dominate, together with the price drops this is crazy lol : http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Cat...formance/1.html

Oh and too put the icing on the cake, With every Radeon HD 7900 series product (HD 7990, HD 7970 GHz Ed., HD 7970, HD 7950 BE, and HD 7950), you get Steam coupons to FarCry 3, Hitman: Absolution, and Sleeping Dogs. With two HD 7800 or HD 7700 series products, you get coupons to FarCry 3 and Hitman: Absolution; with one HD 7800 series or HD 7700 series product, you get a coupon to FarCry 3. The promotion could run all the way through the Holiday season.

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/174146/AMD-Also...me-Bundles.html

thats one hell of a turnaround 7970ghz has gone from losing in bf3 to gtx670 in average fps to gaining 18fps and beating gtx680 at 1920x1080 interestingly minimum fps hasnt changed much although it was already infront there

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardw...formance-5.html

edit

there now available

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wind...iw_vista64.aspx

Edited by Dasa

thats one hell of a turnaround 7970ghz has gone from losing in bf3 to gtx670 in average fps to gaining 18fps and beating gtx680 at 1920x1080 interestingly minimum fps hasnt changed much although it was already infront there

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardw...formance-5.html

edit

there now available

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wind...iw_vista64.aspx

Thats quite an improvement, almost hard to believe. Everyone complains about amd drivers too, seems like every release just moves up more and more, with the price going down and down.

New single card world record for 3D11 again belongs to a 7970, just saw this posted at OCAU.

SniperOZ from TeamAU manged just under 18k single card.

http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2323424_sn...970_17822_marks

AMD starting to mean business, a little late but better late than never. :)

Edit: I'm going to give it another shot myself tonight, hoping for at least 14k to submit to hwbot which should put me in the top 100 for single card globally.. while there are still points to be had :)

Edit 2: Not going to make a new post for this, but just managed almost 14,200 for hwbot tonight. Pretty happy with that.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2323496_

Awesome news :)

I plan on selling my cards in the coming weeks, so this should help my asking price!

Why you selling if I may ask?

Edited by p0is0n

Lol, I scored ~18.3K on 11.12 drivers close to HD7970 launch... using stock 3-way! Impressive results indeed.

Bored of overclocking really, getting rid of all of my water gear, just going back to a single card and air cooling.

I'm sick of draining my loop if I want to remove/add anything. I work with hardware all day at work, the last thing I want to do when I get home is fiddle with my own system now.

Lol, I scored ~18.3K on 11.12 drivers close to HD7970 launch... using stock 3-way! Impressive results indeed.

Bored of overclocking really, getting rid of all of my water gear, just going back to a single card and air cooling.

I'm sick of draining my loop if I want to remove/add anything. I work with hardware all day at work, the last thing I want to do when I get home is fiddle with my own system now.

I can appreciate that, I get really enthusiastic about new hardware, then quickly return to a similar mentality. Fortunately for me it's been mostly a case of set and forget. I haven't changed anything except my storage since early this year when I got my 7970 and put a block on it. I do still enjoy bumping up the voltage every now and then, but mostly just want it to turn on and stay on when I get home.

18k on a single card!? Holy shit....wow lol intense these new drivers really are great lol I really am glad for AMD they worked really hard to get the results, and as gamble says their performance just keeps rising while their price is just going down. You can get a 7970 for $400 pretty comfortably these days, thats the same if not more cheaper than most gtx 670s, and for the performance and overclocking capabilities...what will nvidia do I wonder =)

to fill a gap between 7870 and 7950 to compete against 660ti? there is nothing right about that

the performance difference between 7870 and 7950 is only 10% and while the 660ti may sit in the middle performance wise its $20 more than the 7950 and $100 more than the 7870

its just amd offloading some of its failed 7950 silicon

it will be interesting to see the final specs\performance\price

Yeah, confuses me too. I always though there needed to be a HD 7790 or something, not something between HD 7800 And 7900

true although 7850 price drops have helped its still a fair gap 7770 1g $115 vs 7850 2g $179 with almost 40% performance difference

true although 7850 price drops have helped its still a fair gap 7770 1g $115 vs 7850 2g $179 with almost 40% performance difference

Exactly. I posted yonks ago that there was going to be a 768 core 1GB 256bit card a while back, but that never happened :-/

Exactly. I posted yonks ago that there was going to be a 768 core 1GB 256bit card a while back, but that never happened :-/

192bit 1.5g would have been ideal

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Another round of price drops for AMD:

•Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition - starts at $430

•Radeon HD 7970 standard - starts at $410

•Radeon HD 7950 Boost - starts at $300

•Radeon HD 7950 standard - starts at $290

•Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition - starts at $240

•Radeon HD 7850 2 GB - starts at $200

7970 Standard is very, very compelling at that price.

au price is a fair bit different to that

7970 ghz $469

7970 $399

7950 boost $317

7950 $288

7870 $224

7850 $179