Sign in to follow this  
chilli

Fanless CPU heatsink for socket 775?

I'm building a new PC for power hungry apps and gaming, but want to rejigger my current PC, which is already fairly quiet, so that it is practically silent. I already have a fanless 8600GT, and am going to order some quieter case fans and a fanless PSU.

The only missing piece of the puzzle is socket 775 fanless CPU coolers, which I am having trouble locating.

Does anyone know of suitable models and/or have any recommendations about where I might find one? Prefer not ordering from overseas but will if I have to.

CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ supports 775 just stick one of the quiet fans your getting on it instead of the stock fan

Grab a Prolimatech Genesis (checking your RAM will fit under it), a Prolimatech Supermega or a Thermalright Venemous-X. All of those should be able to cool at least a C2D passively. However TBH passive is pointless as I think DASA's aying - a silent 120mm fan (say 1000 RPM) is silent, why slit hairs if you can't hear it?

I've actually got a Thermalright SI-120 cooler that you could have if you wanted (if you pay postage). 99% certain its s775 compatible. Has been gathering dust at my place for years. Put a quiet fan on it and you're good to go (I guess you could even try it fanless).

PM me if interested and we'll work something out.

I've actually got a Thermalright SI-120 cooler that you could have if you wanted (if you pay postage). 99% certain its s775 compatible. Has been gathering dust at my place for years. Put a quiet fan on it and you're good to go (I guess you could even try it fanless).

Hey man that sounds really good! From what I can tell though that cooler won't work with the 775 without an adapter.. if I can find one I will definitely be interested.

Otherwise Dasa's suggestion sounds like it might be the way to go as they have them in stock locally and they are only $35... and I think it should *just* fit in the case I have..

philo the ones you mentioned are a bit pricey for what I was hoping to spend on this one, but thanks for pointing them out anyway, as that prolimatech genesis looks like it might be a much more aesthetically pleasing alternative to the noctua DH-14 I was going to order..

Edited by chilli

Hey man that sounds really good! From what I can tell though that cooler won't work with the 775 without an adapter.. if I can find one I will definitely be interested.

Otherwise Dasa's suggestion sounds like it might be the way to go as they have them in stock locally and they are only $35... and I think it should *just* fit in the case I have..

philo the ones you mentioned are a bit pricey for what I was hoping to spend on this one, but thanks for pointing them out anyway, as that prolimatech genesis looks like it might be a much more aesthetically pleasing alternative to the noctua DH-14 I was going to order..

I've got the adaptor for s775 already :-)