Sign in to follow this  
PointZeroOne

Main site commenting system

So you guys are using disqus now but don't have the feature to log in with a disqus account turned on.

Before my username change I used to be able to switch between the main site and forum and I'd be logged into both under one user ID.

Since my name change hitting the main site would log me out of the forum and not matter what I did I couldn't resolve this.

I also couldn't log into the main site to comment using either my new username or my old username.

So I've just tried signing up my new username to the main site and I was able to. So it still logs me out of the forums when I goto the main site to comment on an article, but at least I can comment now!

----

Edit, there appears to be on the day my forum name was change, a user created with my old userid. If I send that user an email using the forums email system. I get an email to my email account.

And I can log into that other account. I get this message though

Welcome to our forum

As this is the first time you've logged in, we require just a few more details before we can proceed

Edited by PointZeroOne

You know, I really can't see why the *ods caved and started changing usernames.

Me either, but I got my nick changed a few months before everyone was doing it and I did it all via PM

I thought it had something to do with the forums not registering capitals letters when new accounts were made.

aww, I'm sorry Juggs, does a capital letter here and there offend your delicate sensibilities? :-p