lance volcanix

LF Headphones

I need a new set of headphones as my current ones are... substandard.

i'm looking for a good quality pair up to $100.

Basically what I need is adjustable length, comfy, and an inbuilt mic

On a related note, I found a pair of Razer Carcharias that are <$100. Are they worth it?

Edited by lance volcanix

Just keep in mind that if you do get the MS-1: they're open headphones. So if you game with noise around you, you will hear that noise crystal clear.

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Plantronics Gamecom 777s.

$69 at umart: http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_listn...2&sid=38810

Can't go wrong for the price, good boom mic and USB virtual 5.1 thrown in, (I don't think it necessarily helps, but hey, it can't hurt).

The only reason I switched to Logitech G930s is because I wanted to go wireless.

Edited by Periander

$10 Zalman clip on mic.

I do that currently with my phones and the clip on mics are of the same quality you would get in any other headset.

It seems a bit... fiddly.

I dont want to be screwing around with more than one attachment. I'm REALLY just looking for a set of headphones with that inbuilt

$10 Zalman clip on mic.

I do that currently with my phones and the clip on mics are of the same quality you would get in any other headset.

It seems a bit... fiddly.

I dont want to be screwing around with more than one attachment. I'm REALLY just looking for a set of headphones with that inbuilt

I using a a set of high end cans that don't have a mic, so I'm using a PS3 eyetoy. Best sounding mic I've ever heard. I've pointed afew of my mates to this kind of setup once we discovered that they had webcams with built in mics too, incase you have something laying around like we did.

I have a set of Plantronics open ear headphones, and for gaming they are phenomenal. the suck for listening to music or watching videos though.

If you only going to game, then that's what I would go with if I were you. A set of the stereo open ears shouldn't set you back more than $60 or at a guess.

If your listening to music, go with what was stated above, the Alessandro MS-1's and a Zalman clip-on mic.

For closer to $100, Tt eSPORTS Shock ONE Headset. USB, 5.1, Leather ear cups. ~$99 and if you get @ MSY before the sale ends you will get a free mouse pad.

For something 'less-fuss' - Tt eSPORTS Shock headset (what I use). 3.5mm jacks, Not going to break (like all my friends 377's/777's did). ~$49-$50

It has similar sound quality to the Plantronics Gamecom 777 but with a little more bass and the headset can be twisted and turned without snapping.

Shock one review -

(lol just noticed the reviewers Plantronics headset was broken too.. same spot as mine)

Shock review -

Here was I thinking Plantronics are good...

The sound quality of all there sets I have owned were brilliant, but the set of gamecoms we had here at the shop also broke, which is a shame really. Still warranty should cover that sort of damage.

I have two sets of the older audio 365's, and they are phenomenal. great sound, great build quality, and they are by far and away the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn. Real shame they are discontinued now :\